Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    It's personal loot. Everybody has the same chance. Someone passing will not increase the other players chance of getting an item. It's a simply personal 50/50 roll of "You won" or "You lose". There is no "You definitely win" when someone passes.
    Honestly they probably did this so hardcore raiders can't go into LFR and pass loot to gear Tanks/Healers/etc quickly or to sell LFR gear.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Right there is all you care about. You winning loot or not winning loot, has NOTHING to do with anyone else winning items.
    Oh ok so, with some insane luck, all 25 people can get loot at once ?... I don't like this idea...

Can we get a TL;DR above the blue post that summarizes it as:

In LFR/World Raid Boss kills, rolling works as follows:
    - Boss dies
    - Everyone has a chance at loot, INDEPENDENT of anyone else winning loot. All 25 (or 40 in the world boss case?) CAN win an item, if there is an appropriate one to be won.
    - If you do not win/do not like what you won, you can use a Charm of Good Fortune to buy a re-roll basically. But that re-roll will count as your loot for that boss for the week (in the case of LFR).

Valor changes:Nobody is going to waste their valor points to buy upgrades for non-bis gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn this expansion is looking to be much better than I had anticipated. BRING IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait... normal and heroic too? So we no longer have control of where loot goes, even if it's a full guild run?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Damn long explanation to say that they are taking SWTOR's normal mode looting.
    Exactly... my reaction when I first saw it after reading the other features they got from it "and they also got swtor loot system in mop... omg". Sure, they improved on it with the charms, but that's a small plus over the entire system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    So...there's a possibility 25 items are handed out? I have a hard time believing that.
    Well coins generally don't land on heads 25 times in a row, but there's nothing stopping it in theory.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockers View Post
    Wtb Beta Invite explantation.
    Never said day one. Wheres my money?

So the question I have is, how do mounts work? They said the world bosses will drop mounts and now they are also using the new loot system which if you want your guild can use in normal raids. So if you kill the world boss and win a "roll" does it have a 50:50 chance of giving you the mount if only 1 piece of gear is useable for you or is it like 95:5 in favor of gear? Also do the lucky charms also give you a chance to win mounts?

Im really interested on how the world bosses are going to work. It seems that you will want a full 40man raid to take them down but how many people would you actually need to kill it without interference? It will probably end up more as 3-4 guilds banded together rather than a random guy waiting gets invited like GC thinks. I also think they are the reason Have Group Will Travel is going away so that 1 player cant camp the boss and summon everyone right when it spawns. They want people to fight over the area with full groups for a while but you will probably have a bunch of mounted flyers that try to swoop in and tag the boss when it spawns.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2012-03-27 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    Oh ok so, with some insane luck, all 25 people can get loot at once ?... I don't like this idea...
    Why? This is only LFR, and frankly, it is a better system than it is now.

The odds of 25 people all getting loot-valid rolls is gonna be huge.

It also means that people with the item you want already, or better gear even, CANNOT impact you getting the time. How is that bad? I've lost Gurthalaks and Souldrinkers to Warriors and DKs that have 1-2 of them already. There is a TON of inherent problems right now with the system, that this fixes.

Why not? That happens and I expect to see a post of it on /r/wow as an "OMG I can't believe I was part of this" post. That would be awesome.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Pretty sure still only set pieces of Loot drops, it just gets rolled internally for each piece of loot and assigned to a player that can use it.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Pretty sure still only set pieces of Loot drops, it just gets rolled internally for each piece of loot and assigned to a player that can use it.
    sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    So the question I have is, how do mounts work? They said the world bosses will drop mounts and now they are also using the new loot system which if you want your guild can use in normal raids. So if you kill the world boss and win a "roll" does it have a 50:50 chance of giving you the mount if only 1 piece of gear is useable for you or is it like 95:5 in favor of gear? Also do the lucky charms also give you a chance to win mounts? Im really interested on how the world bosses are going to work. It seems that you will want a full 40man raid to take them down but how many people would you actually need to kill it without interference? It will probably end up more as 3-4 guilds banded together rather than a random guy waiting gets invited like GC thinks. I also think they are the reason Have Group Will Travel is going away so that 1 player cant camp the boss and summon everyone right when it spawns. They want people to fight over the area with full groups for a while but you will probably have a bunch of mounted flyers that try to swoop in and tag the boss when it spawns.
    Well, to the first question about using this system in Normal-mode.... it isn't for Normal. It's for LFR and World Bosses only. If you go into Normal Mogu'shan Temple, it will be the raid leader's loot settings, just like live.

Deleted
    The system is definitely an improvement, but to be honest what we need is a full gear check; if people already have one of the boss drops equipped, in their bags, or banks, then the game should be able to detect and say "Nope, i'm awarding this loot to someone who actually needs it".

The system is fine, better than the one we have now.

I do think they should allow you to select if you want to roll for gear from your main spec or your off spec before queuing in the raid/dungeon.

About the valor thing, i am not so sure. I think they still need to put valor items in the vendors (not tier) but the whole upgrade items using valor points seem... weird.

I loled at "from across their region" - that might be true in Europe, but not so on US servers. We get in the same groups / raids with Brazilian and Mexican players who speak no English and thus have no means of communicating with them.

I see flaws now already. Thank god it's in beta-state!

Says nothing about able to win a item you already have in either inventory or @ bank. You should not be able to if you ask me.
    Also, says nothing about the Gurthalak-issue (correct me if I'm wrong). Today pallys (any specc and role) can roll and win it. Same goes for DK's (no, it ain't a tank weapon, even if blood use 2h's).
    Same goes for a few trinkets.

Also, will there be some built-in filtration depending on afk ppl etc? As it is now, ppl want and are kicking afk ppl (seen a few just standing still and also die by will, just to do as little as possible on a few bosses, specially DW). Those should not be able to win items at all.

At least set some active-in-fight aspects into the rolls. If using skills less than 20% of the time (or whatever the absolut minimum would be) then not able to roll. Also gives a warning when you're below that part of eligible players.

Also, as said before (several times). Give PvP-gear a own category when counting ilvl for gear. Count pvp-gear as heirloom (lvl 1) or something. No one really want them for PvE-content, same as PvP-players don't want PvE-players in BG's.

There is craftable PvE AND PvP-items for a reason if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    How often do you run around with full bags?

In that case they'll probably just do like they did if oyu had full bags and get a Cache or back when they offered you Badges off of bosses: it'll come to you via mail from the Twisting Nether.
    lol, my bags are full more often than i want them to be. Tank gear, dps gear, pvp gear and some extra trinkets, elixers, potions, etc. Your solution sounds good... WTB larger backpack.