Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unacknowledged sexism. A woman can talk about castrating a man on television and laugh it up with no consequence, but if a man were to talk about cutting a woman's boobs off well...there'd be a shit storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All of you guys saying "WAAAAAAAAA DOUBLE STANDARD!!!" please get the hell out of my gender and stop sissying it up.
    Internet badass all up ins.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Unacknowledged sexism. A woman can talk about castrating a man on television and laugh it up with no consequence, but if a man were to talk about cutting a woman's boobs off well...there'd be a shit storm.
    I like the double standard along race lines, especially black vs white in America. A black person on a sitcom can make all kinds of horrific anti-white jokes and cracks, but if there is even a single use of an anti-black joke or slur from a white character, the NAACP will pitch a complete fit, screaming racism.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Because men do not pay attention to commercials, nor do they care about the products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because women would get upset....see the backlash against the Dr. Pepper commercial for saying that it's a man drink.Better question is how come everytime theres a black guy and a white guy in a commercial the white guy is like the most stereotypical lame white guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    They could, but then they'd have to make some BS apology to keep their job. Sad world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I like the double standard along race lines, especially black vs white in America. A black person on a sitcom can make all kinds of horrific anti-white jokes and cracks, but if there is even a single use of an anti-black joke or slur from a white character, the NAACP will pitch a complete fit, screaming racism.
    Probably because it would effect their viewers. They could, and they do in movies, but not on TV for some reason. It's a mixture and confusion of freedom of speech and sensitive people defending their feelings. The best part is ,like this thread, the commercial or the "joke" is, well, a joke. If they can't take the joke, oh well. That's their fault. It's not for them.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Because women would get upset....see the backlash against the Dr. Pepper commercial for saying that it's a man drink.Better question is how come everytime theres a black guy and a white guy in a commercial the white guy is like the most stereotypical lame white guy?
    It's a commercial. You cannot have two very smart people in a commercial or they would already know about the product they are trying to sell. Or they're hipsters in a smart phone vs smart phone commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    If you want such a life, I would suggest you completely forgo any form of popular mass communication altogether. The internet is no better for unbiased reporters than television is, even when you're not limited to news that only outlets in your country report on.
    I can do that, and I have. Why would I desire something I already have?

I come and go as I please, not gripping the TV tightly for the next episode of House or craving chicken nuggets because the screen told me to. I closed all of my social networks and deleted them months ago. I drive with my radio off. I speak to people about subjects that don't include fleeting frivolities and celebrities with tortured and twisted social lives. I do not have a "smart phone." I still have my smart.

Yes, I am "boring," that doesn't make me anti-technology, and certainly doesn't mean I can't fire up the browser and speak my mind, in a message board that amuses me enough to capture my attention for a few minutes.

Yeah man that's real racism. Never mind black people are more likely to receive harsher sentences. Its the jokes on TV that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah man that's real racism. Never mind black people are more likely to receive harsher sentences. Its the jokes on TV that matter.
    Also, we should ignore any murder cases that involve a rich victim, or even a victim from the western world because things are much worse in other places. Right?
    Last edited by mmocfcbe462c17; 2012-03-28 at 06:10 AM.

i hate sexism against either gender. i had to put up with that stupidity as a girl in school. i don't think sexism against males is right either. two wrongs don't make a right. even though some see it as payback.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    I do believe you have miss-understood what Feminism is.
    Feminism is believing everyone is equal in all ways.
    It doesn't mean a woman is smart than a man, or a man is smarter than a women.
    If it was about real equality it would be humanists not feminists...

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 08:30 AM ----------

Then again - some people cut off parts of children's penises but if the equivalent is done to women then suddenly its a human rights violation...

And it is - but why isnt the male one one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    When men are equally discriminated against maybe you'll have a point.

Deleted
    No, no, you've misunderstood "equality". For true equality to be achieved women need to hold a privilegied position for a couple centuries to balance out historical male dominance.

that seems to be the problem with labels. if i say i am a feminist because i believe in standing up for my rights as a woman, some guys will misunderstand and think i hate men. i hate no one. i just try to avoid labels altogether.

Deleted
    Men are discriminated against on a daily basis, you're just not seeing it (this could be a case of confirmation bias if you've "trained" yourself to spot discrimination that targets women but not discrimination that targets men) or you're handwaving it away as being of lesser importance than the discrimination that targets women.

Just like the discrimination of women might seem small to a privileged rich and powerful man the discrimination of men in areas in which women have the upper hand is likely to be ignored or even outright mocked by women who, in those situations, are the privileged ones and who don't see why such "small-scale" discrimination is anything to complain about.
    Last edited by mmocfcbe462c17; 2012-03-28 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    Many women need such things for their ego, and because commercials are mostly aimed at them...well.
    Of course it's sexist BS, but unfortunately, that's how it goes.

feminism implies it is ONLY women - humanism implies going to equality from both sides...

Deleted
    There's not really any significant wide-spread gender imbalances in the western developed world.

modern day double standards. was probably different 30-50 years ago.

they'd throw a feminist rally over it if it was women being depicted as stupid.

in my opinion of the adverts, meh, doesnt phase me. instructions are on the box, and being able to read them is step 0, so i should be safe.

i do not always recognize the discrimination against men until it is pointed out to me. i see the OP's point, though. yes, women were bullied for thousands of years by men, but two wrongs do not make a right. all i ever wanted as a kid was to be treated like a human being. i didn't want payback.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Since we're big tough men, we can take it!

Will you be paying for my reassignment surgery?
    Real men don't get no pansy reassignment surgery, they just sit on a circular saw.