Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Having leveled a Pandaren (two, actually), this was a changed concept. No longer is the island floating toward the maelstrom, it's just wounded (implied to be dying) from when the Skyfire crashed into it.
    So are they implying we find Pandaria due to what is left of the crew aboard the SkyFire ship were we battle Deathwing...and said ship with its damage crashes into the island. Or upon the Skyfire disappearing from the zone after Deathwing is killed they mount a search for said ship ..cause the ship includes both alliance and horde crew?

I haven't read the books ....due to fact I can afford them but very much interested in Lore of how things happen to move from expansion to expansion...I do look up quite a bit of information on the Lore via the internet but some of it is not always included on sites like wikipedia and that.

I think they changed the concept of the wandering isle floating into the Maelstrom, because then the isle would fall into Deepholme; and then they would need to change the whole Zone.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by esjde83 View Post
    Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft
    Am I the only one that thinks that it would be terrible to live in a world that's constantly at war 100% of the time, with no breaks in the conflict? What happened to cease-fires, armistices, treaties, etc? A war can still be 'going on' without people constantly shooting at each other and swinging swords.

EDIT: I'm hoping that they might be updating the 10-20 zones for Pandaren levelers... then again, this would still cause a lot of inconsistencies and make things not flow very well. Mostly I'd just like to see the Draenei/Blood Elf zones updated. T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that it would be terrible to live in a world that's constantly at war 100% of the time, with no breaks in the conflict? What happened to cease-fires, armistices, treaties, etc? A war can still be 'going on' without people constantly shooting at each other and swinging swords.

EDIT: I'm hoping that they might be updating the 10-20 zones for Pandaren levelers... then again, this would still cause a lot of inconsistencies and make things not flow very well. Mostly I'd just like to see the Draenei/Blood Elf zones updated. T_T
    Call me strange, but I would love it, I'd find somewhere away from all the crap, like, out in the middle of Nagrand, by a nice little pond, and just be a hermit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    True, however this doesn't change that the entire story there revolves around you trying to save a neutral night elven training camp and failing.
    The only zone I can think of where Horde players participate and fail is the Swamp of Sorrows, but even in the end state the town is still filled with orcs. And despite what the Joan d'Arc look-alike commander says, I would have liked to burn Stonard and dance on the Horde ashes.

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 12:16 PM ----------

True... however now we return to the quests on the night elven side, the orcs are still leaving the wood to rot. So cutting the forest is still about just provoking the night elves.
    Horde does need the lumber, pissing off Night Elves is just and added bonus
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

In real life, my nephew was born in a country at war, and that has been at war for his entire life -- the United States of America.

I think people forget the US has been at war since October, 2001 ...

But, yeah, it is terrible, imo.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that would be quite awful. I feel that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This doesn't seem like a war, though. Are people often talking about it? Do we see massive military maneuvers going on? Are multiple countries and great deals of people hanging in the balance? We're such a huge country, and these military actions going on in some tiny little country somewhere far away that most people here don't even seem to really care about don't feel like a war. Did Congress ever declare a state of war? Are people being drafted and factories transformed into tank production lines?

It just doesn't feel like a war.

Maybe I have a different perspective than some, as my dad was in the military and one of my younger brothers is currently in the military and is stationed in Afghanistan, as well as one of my good friends having been previously stationed there (fairly recently, but not currently)

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think I can see where you're coming from, then. I've got cousins in the military, and my brother-in-law is likely to be shipped out overseas sometime later this year. I honestly can't think of something I've hoped for more than him coming back alive and well to meet his own son or daughter when my sister gives birth.

Probably, for me at least, it wouldn't feel like a war unless I was there, or it felt like everyone was involved. By everyone I mean our allied nations, as in a real war we've got treaties and documents saying that they're pretty much obliged to come help us, just like we're obliged to help them. This just feels more like... taking out a rebel group, or a large terrorist organization. Wars are more along the lines of country versus country.

Also maybe has something to do with me being from Korea, which has technically (but not really) been at war for decades. North Korea has enough artillery just on their side of the demilitarized zone that if the cease-fire ends / real war does break out again, Seoul (South Korea's capital) would be a pile of rubble in approximately 20 minutes (time figure from one of my professors this semester). Not to mention North Korea's nuclear arsenal. But even beyond my personal ties, I'm very scared we're on the brink of World War III, should Israel and Iran get into a nuclear conflict.

But, anyway, to bring it back kinda on topic ... I do feel like WoW has a lot more social commentary than people give it credit for. It really isn't just mindless fantasy-influenced warfare ... lots of political intrigue and whatnot, both sides of the conflict have their legit reasons / perspective, leadership is not at all infallible and often corrupt, etc, etc ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Alliance are finally rallying to take out the Zoram Strand shipyard.

Quote Originally Posted by esjde83 View Post
    Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft Warcraft
    It's not the war that bugs me (Very mature way to try and get that belabored point across, BTW), it's that alliance wins NOTHING of any importance, ooh we take out camp Taurajo, tauren players will sorely miss the level or two they spend there, meanwhile horde wins at pretty much everything they do (Any questlines that end in "Oh crap, RUN!", hordies?)

All that alliance have by way of victories is getting back part of what we had before Cataclysm hit, ooh we broke the horde offensive in Ashenvale, shame the horde NPC-camps are still there, Stonard is toast! oh wait, it's back the way it was again, ten drifters and a pair of rogues burn Sentinel hill to the ground, to stay as a big burning symbol of alliance plot-incompetence (We complete all the quests, get a plot-mandated "Oh no, RUN FOR THE HILLS!", and then lose anyway), not to mention all of the Cataclysm endgame content involving horde poster-boy Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Having leveled a Pandaren (two, actually), this was a changed concept. No longer is the island floating toward the maelstrom, it's just wounded (implied to be dying) from when the Skyfire crashed into it.
    Aw dammit.

Well its cool to see story consistency like that regardless.

I'm sure Sky Captain Swayze and Ka'anu Reevs thought it completely through when they BOTH parachuted onto Deathwing, leaving the Skybreaker without a captain.

Yup.

All according to plan.

Oh.

Ooooh. :/
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Chonar, if you're interested in knowing, we make the turtle better by the end, so don't worry too much.

But... you heal it.

Did you miss that part? You heal the wound, which is why the turtle becomes stable again. >_>

Anyway, I for one am peeved at this.

The Night Elves are being targeted by Garrosh. I wonder what his reasons are... I wonder if Azshara is behind his corruption...

Actually... that would make a LOT of sense, AND would explain why Blizzard said Tyrande is a key player in the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    But... you heal it.

Did you miss that part? You heal the wound, which is why the turtle becomes stable again. >_>

Anyway, I for one am peeved at this.

The Night Elves are being targeted by Garrosh. I wonder what his reasons are... I wonder if Azshara is behind his corruption...

Actually... that would make a LOT of sense, AND would explain why Blizzard said Tyrande is a key player in the next expansion.
    You mean a reason other than Night Elves' refusal to allow the Horde to gather materials, their cutting off of trade after Wrath, and their saying that the Horde can't even move through Ashenvale?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

It's people like mysticx and Scummer that make me proud to be a Horde...freaking whiny Alliance sods, "Things aren't balanced, or are in favor of the Horde, my faction needs love, QQ"

Anyway, on topic, this looks pretty cool, it makes sense to me that it would be related to the Varian quest-line about getting the favor of the Night Elves.

Deleted
    What pisses me off the most is, that after getting malfurion back, cenarion back, the ancients back , jarod shadowsong back aswell as maloren! ALL OF THEM seem to do NOTHING in this war.

The Nightelves have some of the mightiest characters and forces in their arsenal, i mean maldurion could wreck the horde fleet with a storm created like the one he created in the exact same zone, but no, all those characters are sitting on their butts doing nothing while the horde is attacking.

i don´t mind losing ground in war or losing due to superioir numbers, but losing because these npcs are doing exactly NOTHING is totaly frustrating from the alliance point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    It wasn't enough that night elves preety much lost Auberdine(to Cataclysm), half of Ashenvale (to Horde and a fire elemental), Azshara (to Horde), Winterspring (to neutrality), Stonetalon Peak base (to Old Gods), some other base on Stonetalon (to a Horde bomb), now they bring warships next to Teldrassil.

You know what, I'm just tired of this, they bring all this then say that just killing Garrosh and getting a more "united' Alliance will tip the scales back. Well I don't think that. Even Horde wants Garrosh dead, so it's a benefit to both factions and many don't want to sit under king Chin, some of us want the Alliance to stay as that, an Alliance between distinct nations, an EU with army if you wish.
    The Night Elves lost most of these places long ago and by their own foolish hands. I totally agree with the sentiment of a Human driven Alliance being bleh. All the races of the game need a distinct identity. The Night Elves should be beating the Humans upside the head for all the trouble they cause. They should also be causing a lot of mischief with that foolish pride of theirs. Their story is just.... tepid when it has so much more potential. Particularly in inter-Alliance relations.