Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

My guild issue's

To start of i'm rather annoyed at the guild i'm currently in.
    They are 8/8hc(after the 25% nerf) I missed out on the kill due to running out of gametime(before on previous attempts i was #1 damage doing around 63k in P2 where the hunter i compete with doing around 60k.(i have 400 ilevel in pve he has 406 also a note on the kill the GM hpala got the mount)

I missed the kill and that was no problem, then i saw the calander invites for next week, it was set as an achievement run for the meta but with spine + madness HC. I was fine with this as i really want the savior title that i've worked hard trying to achieve. Then when i asked the GM on the alt run i went to on my main(from missing our main run) if the plan was still HC dw +spine he said no we're now doing meta on madness + spine. i was annoyed at the realisation that i would have to wait 3 reset's now to get my savior title, and due to the meta, i won't get the mount until i get saviour because i missed spine + madness kill's.

The GM then said his reason for doing so was that he needed the mount, even though he already got the mount when it dropped from HC.
    Another issue i have is the Hunter i raid with, he glyphs + gem's wrong, and recieves all the gear due to dkp, i'm fine with this as i have just overtaken him on dkp but he recieved the heroic polearm from the madness kill and no dkp was deducted. It mystifies me that i have to lose loot to a hunter i outdps on all fight's when he continues to gem it wrong.

I feel incredibly frustrated in this guild, i used to be in a guild for T12 and it was the best i've ever been in we only got 6/7hc but i loved the people in there so progress was no issue as i had fun. Raiding with my guild now, the GM's mic gives me a headache, i feel undervalued despite outperforming the dps most of the time.

I would consider looking for another guild on my server but my option's are fairly limited.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/dragonblight - i would consider monster's inc but they already have 2 savior hunter's in each of their raid teams.
    Kebab i could probably step up to the level of play but they raid 5 days a week during progress, i'm only looking for 2/3 day's a week raiding.

I just need some advice, thank's in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc63942041bb; 2012-06-12 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only you can make the decision if you are unhappy. Waiting 3 weeks for the title isn't so bad when you've had to wait 5 months to be able to even kill the damn thing. And who cares if the hunter isn't gemmed perfect? Proper gemming probably wouldn't be the difference between a 25% kill and a 20% kill, so you were all doing something wrong to begin with.

Do what you feel is right. It sucks you missed the kill and all, but that's life. How come you didn't get gametime immediately - just curious? Looking from a GM's perspective they may have thought that you just couldn't be bothered playing that evening. Also spout your frustrations to an officer or to the gm if it bothers you so much. You can complain here, but how the hell are they supposed to know how you feel if you don't talk to them?

Good luck regardless.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    The other hunter has 3 spine kills. You don't have any...Not to be contraversial but where were you? Are you fairly new to this guild? Is he?
    HAS he put in more time than you? Does the GM always pick him over you? More impartial informations please.
    And sorry but running out of game time cannot be helped, make sure you are prepared man, you're in a raiding guild. I've forfeited the first spine kill my guild achieved because of similar reasons (unavoidable medical emergency)and I've had to just deal with it.

Doing 60k dps is fine and dandy for Hc Madness anyway, heck you can get away with 55k. If dps is a non issue then decisions will come down to which hunter is performing better at survivablity and signing more frequantly, being reliable and being more involved in guild events. A 3k dps difference is a bit picky he can't be doing THAT much wrong. Don't you talk to him about it? I thought classes in raiding guilds are supposed to compare methods of achieveing better results no? You're supposed to help each other achieve for the sake of the guild, raiding is not a competion WITHIN your guild.

This sounds like you're being shy about the issue and not talking to the leaders/making your concerns enough of reason to be brought to attention. If you've got a problem you NEED to address it with a calm but firm demeanor.

If you don't like this guild that much then just leave, don't pussyfoot around the issue but it sounds to me like you aren't involving yourself enough.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same boat as you man. Joined a guild a month ago and now find out they want to raid 4 days 4 hours when MoP comes out. Raiding now is 3 days at 3 hours which I can do. Looks like I'll have to find another guild when MoP hits

Its been so heavily nerfed that it actually feels like normal before the nerfs. Just get all the achievements with them and after 3 weeks get Spine and Madness down and it will all be fine.

Btw. having Hunter vs. Wild instead of Survival Tactics is a huge help (which the other hunter actually has) on Spine and Madness, or at least it was pre-nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Only you can make the decision if you are unhappy. Waiting 3 weeks for the title isn't so bad when you've had to wait 5 months to be able to even kill the damn thing. And who cares if the hunter isn't gemmed perfect? Proper gemming probably wouldn't be the difference between a 25% kill and a 20% kill, so you were all doing something wrong to begin with.
    Well personally i think i could of killed DW much sooner than just the 25% buff, and gemming won't make the difference im just saying the hunter isn't putting effort in.

He's doing 3.2% less damage than you. That's a fairly minor mistake at some point in rotation kind of issue.

As pointed out above, as ex GM/RL, i'm not THAT interested in the bleeding edge dps if the guy playing isn't as reliable/witty/fun/communicative/self aware/helpful/other aware as someone else. Depending on how it weights up i'd be taking the someone else.

If the other hunter is an old timer in the guild, does his job well enough and gets on with ppl/attends better, expect him to get picked more. There's a LOT more to a good raider than position on the meters. I'm currently a few % down on our best DK, they'd still rather take me as the other guy can't keep himself up and is rather slow with understanding boss tactics/positional requirements.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    Well personally i think i could of killed DW much sooner than just the 25% buff, and gemming won't make the difference im just saying the hunter isn't putting effort in.
    If the other guy has madness kills and you don't I'd say it's you, not him, who isn't putting the effort in.

I would also say, the fact you are very "self" orientated:

"He gets way more gear than me, really sucks that he had more DKP" - so he's either been around longer and earnt it or raided more than you and earnt it
    "I have to wait 3 weeks for title while they all do stuff the guild wants" - so they should get your gear rather than progressing as a guild?

I could be taking a very extreme view of your character (meaning how you act not your wow character) from only very minor evidence but there's a new "I'M AWESOME! GIVE ME STUFF" guy in a guild, in most guilds every other month. They last about as long before they move on because their self importance fairly rapidly outstrips their patience.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-06-12 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    He's doing 3.2% less damage than you. That's a fairly minor mistake at some point in rotation kind of issue.

As pointed out above, as ex GM/RL, i'm not THAT interested in the bleeding edge dps if the guy playing isn't as reliable/witty/fun/communicative/self aware/helpful/other aware as someone else. Depending on how it weights up i'd be taking the someone else.

If the other hunter is an old timer in the guild, does his job well enough and gets on with ppl/attends better, expect him to get picked more. There's a LOT more to a good raider than position on the meters. I'm currently a few % down on our best DK, they'd still rather take me as the other guy can't keep himself up and is rather slow with understanding boss tactics/positional requirements.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 09:30 AM ----------

If the other guy has madness kills and you don't I'd say it's you, not him, who isn't putting the effort in.

I would also say, the fact you are very "self" orientated:

"He gets way more gear than me, really sucks that he had more DKP" - so he's either been around longer and earnt it or raided more than you and earnt it
    "I have to wait 3 weeks for title while they all do stuff the guild wants" - so they should get your gear rather than progressing as a guild?

I could be taking a very extreme view of your character (meaning how you act not your wow character) from only very minor evidence but there's a new "I'M AWESOME! GIVE ME STUFF" guy in a guild, in most guilds every other month. They last about as long before they move on because their self importance fairly rapidly outstrips their patience.
    I play better than the other hunter survivability wise + tactic's.
    The reason im self orientated is because i joined this particular guild for 8/8 hc + bis gear before mists.
    The reason he got the madness kill was because i ran out of game time and had no money to get some as i was getting paid the next day.
    I want to be in a guild where i want the guild to do well, but i find it hard to do so with these frustration's.
    I'm not the " IM AWESOME GIVE ME STUFF" player, i just think it's better for me to raid over this hunter, i've been picked for every raid i've signed for, the fact is im outdpsing him and he's in far better gear i outperform him in every fashion.

I just assumed this guild would get madness down and continue to do hc's, that was the wrong impression but i have no other option's for guilds on the server really, i don't want to raid 25 man so clearly boosted is out of the question, darkside already have a hunter they love(could outperform him if i tried but it's hard to now with him in BiS and me in pretty awful gear.
    Last edited by mmoc63942041bb; 2012-06-12 at 12:48 PM.

You have no Spine and Madness kills on heroic, whereas the other hunter has 3 Spine and 1 Madness. So clearly the other hunter is a regular raider whereas you aren't. So he gems slightly wrong and is missing out on a small ammount of agi, maybe try sugest it to him, or point it out to the GM if you feel the need to.

Last I checked the 410 Staff was better than the 416 Polearm for Hunters anyway so I don't know what you're complaining about, he probably got it with no DKP cost because no one else wanted it?

You don't really have any reason to complain about him gemming incorrectly in a few places, you're still using +15 stats to chest and have 8 non-epic gems whereas he only has 2.

As far as having to wait 3 weeks for Savior kill? If you did 6/8 on Normal for metas then you wouldn't be able to do Spine+Madness on heroic anyway, so you're only missing out on 2 weeks really. If you went to do another Heroic clear just so you get your Savior title and then go back and do the meta achievements after that, then the other 9 people have to wait an extra week just for you. What makes you feel like you're entitled to make the rest of the raid team wait an extra week for their meta mounts?

You're trying to shift blame to everyone else and say that they are doing it just so you have to wait. Maybe you should have had game time when you were doing your Madness kill. You clearly don't care about the guild if you managed to run out of game time during progression and didn't get more before raid time. It takes 1 minute to buy more from the Blizzard store.

Just saw what you posted above. Wow, just wow. You joined the guild just to get BiS gear and 8/8 Heroic before Mists? Yet you feel that you're the only person that matters and their raid schedule should be changed just so you get something a couple of weeks earlier. In every post you've made on this thread you also talk about how all other hunters on your server are bad and you could out-perform them? I really hope you never get any gear or your Deathwing kill, you seem like an absolute dick and I think I'm actually going to log onto your server and show this thread to your GM, since you were apparently smart enough to name and shame the other hunter (which is against MMO-C rules) and show us what guild you're in.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-06-12 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You have no Spine and Madness kills on heroic, whereas the other hunter has 3 Spine and 1 Madness. So clearly the other hunter is a regular raider whereas you aren't. So he gems slightly wrong and is missing out on a small ammount of agi, maybe try sugest it to him, or point it out to the GM if you feel the need to.

Last I checked the 410 Staff was better than the 416 Polearm for Hunters anyway so I don't know what you're complaining about, he probably got it with no DKP cost because no one else wanted it?

You don't really have any reason to complain about him gemming incorrectly in a few places, you're still using +15 stats to chest and have 8 non-epic gems whereas he only has 2.

As far as having to wait 3 weeks for Savior kill? If you did 6/8 on Normal for metas then you wouldn't be able to do Spine+Madness on heroic anyway, so you're only missing out on 2 weeks really. If you went to do another Heroic clear just so you get your Savior title and then go back and do the meta achievements after that, then the other 9 people have to wait an extra week just for you. What makes you feel like you're entitled to make the rest of the raid team wait an extra week for their meta mounts?

You're trying to shift blame to everyone else and say that they are doing it just so you have to wait. Maybe you should have had game time when you were doing your Madness kill. You clearly don't care about the guild if you managed to run out of game time during progression and didn't get more before raid time. It takes 1 minute to buy more from the Blizzard store.

Just saw what you posted above. Wow, just wow. You joined the guild just to get BiS gear and 8/8 Heroic before Mists? Yet you feel that you're the only person that matters and their raid schedule should be changed just so you get something a couple of weeks earlier. In every post you've made on this thread you also talk about how all other hunters on your server are bad and you could out-perform them? I really hope you never get any gear or your Deathwing kill, you seem like an absolute dick and I think I'm actually going to log onto your server and show this thread to your GM, since you were apparently smart enough to name and shame the other hunter (which is against MMO-C rules) and show us what guild you're in.
    Thanks for the help really appreciate it.
    Hunter melee wep's go 390>403>397>410>416 don't try to educate me with misinformation.
    He has more Bis so he's going to have more epic gem's and my chest is only +15 stat's.
    It only takes 1 minute to get game time, but it takes much longer without money in my account
    It's not name and shame? i'm just showing who the other hunter in my guild is.
    You call me an absolute dick yet your about to try to get me kicked from a guild :L
    I worked hard on the madness kill so i'm entitled to get it? they're entitled to the mount as they can get all the ach's it's just 2 different option's.
    I'm a regular raider who joined after 2 of their spine kill's then i missed one due to a social event.

May i say again thank's for your help and advice and for calling me an absolute dick, i appreciate it

Requesting a lock, i've left the guild so no issues anymore .

Deleted
    I wouldn't be upset over losing such a self absorbed raider, next time turn up to progression perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    I wouldn't be upset over losing such a self absorbed raider, next time turn up to progression perhaps?
    Ran out of money + gametime, i usually have a 3 month sub running, but i got underpayed so it wouldn't go through?
    I am more than happy to do what's best for a guild, this one just didn't share the same interests as me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that almost every serious endgame hunter I see has more than 1 hunter???

OT: If the guild you are currently a part of doesn't make you happy: Move on. Find a different guild with like minded people. I know from personal experience that leaving a guild is often a hard thing to do, but if you are not happy then what is the point of continuing to play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    Why is it that almost every serious endgame hunter I see has more than 1 hunter???

OT: If the guild you are currently a part of doesn't make you happy: Move on. Find a different guild with like minded people. I know from personal experience that leaving a guild is often a hard thing to do, but if you are not happy then what is the point of continuing to play?
    Need more people like you who actually give advice, and i don't know i love hunter's, don't enjoy any class as much so hunter for alt run is fun, + can play in 2 arena teams of each bracket.

Have left the guild now gonna try to look elsewhere but the server is limited, might try to upgrade pc and try a 25 man guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selfish player, crying over another player receiving loot when his own game time ran out due to his own circumstances and thereby missing out on the opportunity for the kill... So you want 9 people to cater to you? You are not special. But since you have already gquit, this thread has ran its course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Selfish player, crying over another player receiving loot when his own game time ran out due to his own circumstances and thereby missing out on the opportunity for the kill... So you want 9 people to cater to you? You are not special. But since you have already gquit, this thread has ran its course.
    Not crying, i just don't care for the other hunter as he doesn't min/max or play right and me getting underpayed is my own fault?
    not 9 people catering to me, i've spoken to guildies and some would also rather get HC Madness again.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    I have to agree. This si the major problem with WoW that dated back all the way back to BC when you had to attune new raiding members that hadn't cleared content yet. People do not want to do anything that doesn't directly benefit them. You ran out of game time. It does not matter why. YOU were not reliable. YOU said teh only reason you joined teh guild was to get geared for Mop. This means YOU are selfish, and officers and GM probably know this. It is a guild , a team. Be apart it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    I have to agree. This si the major problem with WoW that dated back all the way back to BC when you had to attune new raiding members that hadn't cleared content yet. People do not want to do anything that doesn't directly benefit them. You ran out of game time. It does not matter why. YOU were not reliable. YOU said teh only reason you joined teh guild was to get geared for Mop. This means YOU are selfish, and officers and GM probably know this. It is a guild , a team. Be apart it.
    Didn't feel like a team, i didn't enjoy the guild. I'm sick and tired of being criticised when i asked for help, if you don't want to help me don't comment?
    I want a guild to commit myself too but it's no easy thing to find.

yep sounds like a selfish, greedy raider to me. though tbh sounds like his now old GM was probably selfish and greedy as well. i'm sure you will be able to find a more suitable guild for you out there since selfish and greedy people can rarely ever exist at the same time in a raid group. good luck!

Keep things civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-06-12 at 03:06 PM.