Quote Originally Posted by xkungx View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises 10/10!!
    thats yesterday at cinema.. and todays at home

War Horse 7/10.

Not doing a full review for the Expendables 2, but will for the Bourne Legacy

The Bourne Legacy

Plot
    I believe it takes place a bit after the Ultimatum, and honestly the plot is really stale, especially compared to the other three bourne movies. The pacing was fairly slow and mostly backstory that I stopped caring about, plus the whole pill concept and him luckily not needing the pills didn't make to much sense. Honestly by the end of the movie I stopped caring about the plot and just watched everything go by on the screen, and honestly for an action movie with a mediocre plot there was very little action in this. There was the disturbing lab scene, but honestly that scene does not give this movie a higher score, if anything a lower one, it was just uncomfortable to watch and did not tie in well with the actual plot. 4.4/10

Characters and Performances
    First of all Jeremy Runner played his part perfectly like he always does, so props for that, but other than that there wasn't anything that interesting on the character side, heck even Jeremy Runner's character was fairly boring, he was just acted really well. The characters were all quite forgettable. 4.6/10

Soundtrack and Visuals
    The visuals were pretty good, and that's about all I can really say. There is nothing in the soundtrack that sticks out, except for the one time it played the bourne theme and that just felt forced considering Bourne wasn't in this movie at all. This was just a big 'meh'. 4.8/10

Overall
    If you go see this movie you will probably forgot you even saw it a week later, it does give a decent starting point for future movies, but as a movie itself it isn't really worth watching. Just a cash grab trying to milk the Bourne franchise. 4.6/10

The Expendables 2 - I honestly can't do a broken down review for this like I do most movies simply because when you go to see a movie about all the biggest action stars in one big explosive movie, you don't see it for plot, character development, and oscar worthy acting. You go see it to watch things get blown up, and for a movie about things blowing up, this was very enjoyable. I laughed quite a number of times, I enjoyed the explosions, and the pacing of downtime and action scenes was great. There was even a little bit of a decent (yet cheesy) plot in it, nothing memorable, but again you don't go to see the Expendables 2 to make yourself think or cry, you watch it so you can see great action scenes, which all of them were great. I will give it a 6.7/10 for being really entertaining and worth seeing if you simply just want to be entertained.

The Expendables 2 - 4/10

Vilain seemed like a poorly put together villain, one which barely got more screen time than Arnold or Chuck Norris. I didn't like the idea that almost the entire cast of the previous movie was without a purpose in this one. Jet Li's character is gone within minutes of the movie starting. Dolph Lundgren's only real activity in the movie is a bar scene in which the audience is made aware that he used to be a scholar. Terry Crews seemed to exist entirely so that later on he could hand over his gun to Arnold and last but not least Randy Couture was only there to be the butt of another ear joke. The only person who got any screen time from his team was Jason Statham. At least in the previous film they all had a weapon or fighting specialty, but this installment seemed like it just wanted to show off Chuck/Arnold/Bruce in any way possible.

The Hunger Games - 2/10

Over an hour wasted watching them walk around like they're contestants in a beauty pagent just so that we could understand the idea that sponsors can help them? Something that ended up mattering for less than a minute throughout the rest of the entire movie. During their training we see that a number of them are deadly accurate with their weapons of choice only to see them fail over and over when they actually get into the field. I mean one contestant can hit a bullseye from what looked like probably 20+yards, only to repeatedly miss a partially conceiled person in a tree who isn't moving. Most of the kills we get to see are of kids being moved down with the meaningful contestants being killed off camera.

Deleted
    Finding Neverland 8.5/10

A biography of the author of Peter Pan.
    Really, really touching, don't watch it if you don't want to cry.

Deleted
    The Watch: 7.5/10

Crammed full of immature jokes. I hate myself for it, but I found it hilarious. Contained certain similarities to Superbad. The whole focusing on Costco was a bit out of place though, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man 2.

7/10.

It was entertaining, but nothing special.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-26 at 01:01 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

The Dark Knight Rises 5/10.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Expendables 2 I was ok great for the action stars of yesteryear I give it 6.5/10.
    Dark Knight Rises uhh it was decent I enjoyed it but it wasn't the best of the 3 for sure 7.8/10

15+ Year Old Account
    Conan the Barbarian 2/10

I had been wanting to watch this one for a while, just to see if it was any good. It wasn't. It's probably in my top ten "worst movies ever watched". It had a retarded plot, terrible acting, and I didn't care about any of the characters.

Final Destination 2

Re-watching the entire series over a few days, the second one doesn't hold any originality 6/10

Deleted
    Shaun of the Dead.

9/10

Deleted
    Promethious
    8/10
    it was a great film but i was a little disappointed that there was not much action but i didnt mind its just i was expecting it to have more oh no loads of things trying to get on my face pew pew. But overall great film hoping for a squeal to answer those annoying questions.
    Last edited by mmoc88eb7b8be1; 2012-08-27 at 09:48 AM.

The Hills Have Eyes

7/10

Decent horror movie, thats basically a clone of the Wrong Turn movies. The only difference is that these cannibals could talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Incredible Hulk - 8/10
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 7.5/10

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    The Thing (2011) - The original The Thing (1982) is my all-time favourite movie, so I put off watching this prequel for quite a while because I assumed I would be extremely disappointed, as I believed nothing could come close to the original. Two big turn-offs for me were having female members at the Norwegian base (the all-male cast for the first movie made the plot development so much less predictable than typical horror movies because it wasn't inhibited by the trope of "always having the pretty girl survive") and having English-speaking team members involved in the incident. The fact that the awakening of the organism took place on a site where English was not the primary language spoken and, from the brief contact we get from the Norge, most members seemed not to speak it at all, made both teams feel very isolated from each other, heightening the apparent impending danger and making past events seem so much more mysterious and foreboding.
    I think, however, that my cynicism and complete lack of expectation actually made me enjoy the prequel at a level I didn't expect. I think they captured a good portion of the atmosphere of the original, while making events escalate a little too quickly, favouring chases over suspense etc, and I think they made appropriate use of certain aesthetic elements of the original to draw old fans into a new experience. Same credits font, some pieces from the original score being used, etc. I was also glad they didn't go overboard with stealing event progression from the first (no exploding huskies or jumping vials of blood!).
    The ending tie in to the beginning of the original film was pretty damn smooth too.

(I thought it was extremely odd that they seemingly used the distress beacon loop of the Icarus 1 from another of my favourite movies, Sunshine, as the distress signal of the organism's ship!)

I give it a 7/10. I think it did a good job of trying, not too hard, to add to the universe and story of a movie that it could never live up to, without spoiling the classic. I was pleasantly surprised. (And I have rambled a lot! )

The Cabin in the Woods - 9/10 easily.

Still waters run deep.

Blood and bone, i think its an old movie but i rate it 10/10

Deleted
    Tommorow Never Dies 7/10. Good lines, bit silly and ridiculous even if I enjoy the anti media mogul line. "Nice work".

Deleted
    I saw Captain America and it was simply the worst movie I've ever seen except for Manos
    I don't really know why I think it is that bad but it's just bad and by bad I mean really, really, disturbing, time-stealing bad. I finished this movie and just wanted my time back. I wish I could tell why this movie was so bad but I can't help, can't tell.
    1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphina View Post
    I saw Captain America and it was simply the worst movie I've ever seen except for Manos
    You take that back! Manos: The Hands of Fate is a blockbuster movie, 10/10 easily!

Just re-watched 30 Minutes or Less today, for some reason. Decent movie, with some chuckles, but nothing really funny or anything. 7/10.