Thread: Leveling?

Deleted

Leveling?

Hey guys

Just come back for MoP after a long time away

does anyone have any tips what spec i should be levelling as?

Also i wanted to know if anyone can help with this new talent system, i dont know anything about it and have no idea what my best options are!

So far i only need to know for the 85-90 run!

Thanks for any help!

Not Assassination so that leaves you with 2 options

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Not Assassination so that leaves you with 2 options
    i always played subtlety so perhaps ill continue with that

10+ Year Old Account
    See several other threads in the first 2 pages of this forum, please. There are multiple in-depth discussions.

Assassination is what I consider to be easiest, sub is also easy but you'll find yourself unable to one shot mobs fast and the positional requirement for backstabbing makes it slower unless you have stuns up. Combat is garbage to level as unless you grind dungeons.

Make sure whatever you level as to use deadly momentum glyph and keep SnD and recuperate up all the time. Also, reforge for hit and expertise because as soon as you get a couple levels you're stats are all jacked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Combat is garbage to level as unless you grind dungeons.
    And you base this on what? Combat is still very good, better than assassination as an all-around spec for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Combat is garbage to level as unless you grind dungeons.
    I got realm first level 90 rogue questing as combat, didn't do any dungeon past jade serpent or brewery.

Pro's/Con's per spec;

Assas: Takes out mobs quickly, you can get quite far with 120 energy and the regen running from snd/rupture. Barely any downtime
    Combat; Perfect for constantly having 2 mobs on you. The downside is it has some downtime for healing but you should always use 1 cooldown
    Sub; great for AOE in dungeons, good for quick killing of mobs, low downtime but very weak AOE unless you're in a group

For the rares I found that Sub still is the best spec, you cannot vanish or the bosses reset but you are able to use shadow dance kidney shot to give yourself some breathing room. If you attack rares that have around 1m hp and you are over lvl 87 combat pretty much is king due to the popping of all the CD's
    Overall with all the allies attacking me I prefer to go assas. Sub doesnt hit hard enough to kill anything really. Combat kills a paladin if his bubble is on CD but thats about it.
    Assas gives the longes sustained dmg on a decent time span and Combat gives the highest dps on a long term.
    Both Combat and Sub have insane burst with their CD's popped. Once you get rid of the legendaries I feel that nothing can beat assas.

I was Combat from 85 to 87 and felt I was doing better as Assassination after I've changed.

I don't know if it's because of the ratings going up each level, but I felt like I was energy starved a lot while Combat spec (i405).