Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    These numbers are very good.
    Seems that MoP already got 900K players resubbed in the first week.
    how can we know the proportion of those 900k additional player is from europe/america and the portion from asia.

Have you considered the possibility that all of the 900k are actually from asia, given that they only need to pay a few bucks (expansion is free) to try some new adventure

anything's possible, the only hard number we can discuss is 2.7 millions sales. the rest is debatable.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Even less than Cata and with even easier access to the game.

Also with that sentence watch Blizzard spin the China numbers, despite no one from the US nor EU plays with them to count as a player population. It's like comparing the population of GW2, they don't play with WoW players...and neither do the Chinese.
    '

I don't play with anyone from the EU does that mean we should not count them also?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwhirl View Post
    MoP isn't required until you hit level 85 and want to level further. A lot of people may have heard the hype and want to see what WoW is all about, so just bought the vanilla/Battlechest, which tbh is plenty of content for a new player for now.
    I think a lot of those "users" who only have the battlechest are RAF account which were used to lvl up a toon quick, subscriptions that only last 2 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Then maybe you shouldn't be doing hardmodes. Other normal people can do it, not even top guilds, just raiding guilds, then why can't you?
    Fact is they can't. Hardly any guilds could.
    And most guilds had no issues with heroic T12 and heroic DS. That goes to show which tier is the broken one, T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Then why exclude CN players?
    CN? I'm not sure what you are asking here.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Fact is they can't. Hardly any guilds could.
    And most guilds had no issues with heroic T12 and heroic DS. That goes to show which tier is the broken one, T11.
    In my eyes, it shows that T11 is the only tier where Blizzard showed class and didn't water the fights down. You think it's broken, I just think you need to play better.

Do you know why they have normal modes? So you guys can see the content. You actually have to work if you want the hard stuff. Difficult concept, I know.

Hopefully this shuts up all the people saying MoP was just going to drive away the old players. lol
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    how can we know the proportion of those 900k additional player is from europe/america and the portion from asia.

Have you considered the possibility that all of the 900k are actually from asia, given that they only need to pay a few bucks (expansion is free) to try some new adventure

anything's possible, the only hard number we can discuss is 2.7 millions sales. the rest is debatable.
    We don't know where the subs came from but we do know that MoP hadn't been launched in China (or presumably the rest of Asia) when Blizzard determined those numbers. So the subscription presumably are from US/Europe unless the Asians are playing more in anticipation of MoP.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2012-10-04 at 02:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    CN? I'm not sure what you are asking here.
    Sorry, thought you were replying to my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    In my eyes, it shows that T11 is the only tier where Blizzard showed class and didn't water the fights down. You think it's broken, I just think you need to play better.
    That is the good thing about opinions. Everyone is allowed to have them. Doesn't make them right or wrong.

Subs are subs, that is the way I see it.
    We had 9.1mill.... now we're back at 10 mill; that is great. And this is only the first week.......
    It doesn't matter if these are from China or whatever country.. they are players returning. THAT alone is a good thing.

And 2.7 million sales is maybe less than cata in the first day but nevertheless a great number of sales for the first week.
    This number will only grow in the coming time as not every player is buying an expac the day it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, thought you were replying to my post.
    Ah. Nope I was pretty much saying the same thing as you. I think.

I foresee a lot more pets/mounts in the Blizzard Store. Gotta keep that revenue up somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    That is the good thing about opinions. Everyone is allowed to have them. Doesn't make them right or wrong.
    I don't think I disputed the definition of opinion.

Deleted
    Observation: I can't count the number of people on my server, org and sw are full all the time, during peak my serv is listed as high, AH has good throughput, more guilds than I can name and I still manage to have people I have fun with on a regular basis.

Conclusion: this game is fucking dead, not worth it any more. NINE MILLION? That's a joke, Guild Wars 2 sold 2 million as well.

Note the sarcasm. This game is nearing a decade of being online, persistently and somehow manages to have 10 million players (in whatever capacity) and sell 2.7 million copies of its latest expansion. Dead? Ha! I baulk at the very idea.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Subs are subs, that is the way I see it.
    We had 9.1mill.... now we're back at 10 mill; that is great. And this is only the first week.......
    It doesn't matter if these are from China or whatever country.. they are players returning. THAT alone is a good thing.

And 2.7 million sales is maybe less than cata in the first day but nevertheless a great number of sales for the first week.
    This number will only grow in the coming time as not every player is buying an expac the day it comes out.
    you do know the difference between europe/america sub and chinese subs right? you can't say subs are sub, there are a significant difference in the economic model (and income).

You realize there are more countries in Asia besides China, don't you?? some geography lessons would be great.-

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?
    You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Wait, did Cata really sell 3.3 million in one day? Didn't know that.

That's pretty impressive.
    Cata had Wrath success boosting it. We now come from a bad expansion, many people prefered to wait before buying it.

I think this does not include digital copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I guess it was just a flesh-wound

But I doubt that this will shut people up in their "WoW is dying!"-rage, they are not very intelligent trolls.
    It sold less than previous expansions, so don't get your hopes up.