Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

US vs Europe progression

Once again the European gamers get a world first before any US guilds. It makes me wonder why this happens frequently. Are there more European raiding guilds? Are they better players? Do they have more leisure time to play?

Any substantive reason for this?

Please if you can't keep this civil don't bother posting in this thread.

dont think anyone is going to post, since this topic has been talked about alot.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    dont think anyone is going to post, since this topic has been talked about alot.
    Still have yet to see anyone prove why European gamers always beat the US gamers though.

Unless you know something definitive.

Deleted
    It's the social security and amount of holidays in EU.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    It's the social security and amount of holidays in EU.
    So what are you suggesting, given equal time the US players are just as good if not better?

I can't speak about European vacation time off but I know we lack them here unless you use your sick time or wait for major holidays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    So what are you suggesting, given equal time the US players are just as good if not better?

I can't speak about European vacation time off but I know we lack them here unless you use your sick time or wait for major holidays.
    Europeans and US players share mainly the same genes so yes they are just as good if not better.

I don't think neither has better players, it's just that in EU you can have players without work because the social security will pay everything.

Blood Legion also did impressive job it aint cake to get 5/6H that fast...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Once again the European gamers get a world first before any US guilds. It makes me wonder why this happens frequently. Are there more European raiding guilds? Are they better players? Do they have more leisure time to play?

Any substantive reason for this?

Please if you can't keep this civil don't bother posting in this thread.
    We are more pro at life?

Why would you assume that video game skill is region bound? Also I call this a troll post as it always, always, ALWAYS devolves into a regional, national flame fest. You must have known that OP, I don't care that you put "keep it civil" in the title, the mere question 100% results in flame fest.

We are all human beings, making this a US, EU, or Asian race is stupid imho.

Most Top EU raiders are in University? IDK maybe just EU Education system is better than NA so we have more raiders in University instead of working stacking shelves in a supermarket? Really no way to know for sure, many vary factors.

But my above argument really counters the "they have free time cus of slack" because really most of them are Students.

Well w.e if US gets World first its "OMFG US #1 WE ARRE AWESOME LETS GO GET ME SOME INEQUALITY AND MEDICAL FEES IN A BURGER AND THEN EAT IT"
    When EU gets world first its "Lol EU MUST BE REALLY NO LIFERS".

Just saying...

Its ok if EU gets more world firsts in WoW. Its because they are so pissed we get more world firsts in the Olympics in their homeland. . Especially when Us gets as much Bronze as UK gets gold .
    2012 medal count
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Its ok if EU gets more world firsts in WoW. Its because they are so pissed we get more world firsts in the Olympics in their homeland. . Especially when Us gets as much Bronze as UK gets gold .
    2012 medal count
    Who cares about the Olympics, anyway?
    Didn't the European servers opened up way sooner than the Americans, in MoP?

More people around European server region -> more guilds to compete with US guilds -> More EU first kills. There's skilled players all around the globe.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Somewhat related to Chrispotter's post;

Also, having an additional week or two of vacation won't give you the upper hand, really.

And no. There are actually more players in the US than in the EU, according to statistics dating back all the way from vanilla to 2010-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

Pretty sure EU had an 8 hour head start... so that may be one factor why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Pretty sure EU had an 8 hour head start... so that may be one factor why.
    Of that few people could play.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Of that few people could play.
    Well the US had similar server issues resulting in the inability to login, so your point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Well the US had similar server issues resulting in the inability to login, so your point is moot.
    US had, and have always had (apart from MoP launch) a 12+ hour heads start.
    Last edited by Nigeldruid; 2012-10-13 at 12:59 AM.