Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb
    Thank you for fucking up my evening, bro.
    That line had me rolling.

So addicted to this amazing show. I miss Lumen! hope she comes back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like a lot of the other characters in this show. Quinn, Batista, Masuka.. they're all really boring me at this point.

Might be cruel of me, but thank god they finally killed of Louis. God i hated that guy, but i guess thats what the writers were going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Might be cruel of me, but thank god they finally killed of Louis. God i hated that guy, but i guess thats what the writers were going for.
    I'm glad he is dead. But on the other hand, I was hoping it was going to be Dexter that did it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'm glad he is dead. But on the other hand, I was hoping it was going to be Dexter that did it.
    I think that Dexter will start hunting down the guys how killed him because he was "his"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I think that Dexter will start hunting down the guys how killed him because he was "his"
    Doubt he'll have to do much hunting, with them on his feet. Also, Waaldo, they're the russian/ukranian mafia, they don't really care about those details :P (although, dexter's marina is far from the police station as shown in season 2 or 3, when doakes was after him)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Dexter hasn't stumbled on that lead yet. I'm sure he will, but he's unaware of it right now.

I wish Deb would make up her mind. Part of me kinda wants her to go along with it and start using Dexter. I don't think she has the balls to become an accomplice though, even though she already is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I was really surprised that Louis died. They spent so much time building up on his character that it feels really odd to just kill him off like that. I guess it's possible that the writers wanted him to have a bigger role, but later changed their minds because there were too many people figuring out who Dexter really his. (LaGuerta, Deb and now the mafia)
    They made a point to show the blood spatter in the boat. Something tells me that's going to come back to bite Dexter.

I think she'll come to accept it as a necessary evil, they kinda forced that perspective on here this last episode. Harry Trained Dexter to fill a hole in the system, and Deb was just forced to look deep into that hole.

Personally, and I may be misremembering, I think Harry's original plan was to help Dexter suppress it and train to avoid the urges. But saw one too many bad guy kill again because they slipped through the system, and turned Dexter into a weapon for his sense of Justice. Who is to say Harry wouldn't regret that decision if he saw Dexter's body count?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    Personally, and I may be misremembering, I think Harry's original plan was to help Dexter suppress it and train to avoid the urges. But saw one too many bad guy kill again because they slipped through the system, and turned Dexter into a weapon for his sense of Justice. Who is to say Harry wouldn't regret that decision if he saw Dexter's body count?
    It's also pretty clear that Harry was a sociopath too. At least that's my interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's also pretty clear that Harry was a sociopath too. At least that's my interpretation.
    Not sure I'd go with that, but something does occur to me, Dexter doesn't always just take out the garbage the system misses, he has on several occasion interred with the police getting someone because he wanted the kill instead. That IS something Deb will 100% not be okay with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see what happens with Yvonne Strahovskis character, apparently she's supposed to play a rather big part in the season. Possible love interest for Dexter?
    I'm not sure if Deb would put up with a love interest now know what Dexter is like.

Not sure I'd go with that, but something does occur to me, Dexter doesn't always just take out the garbage the system misses, he has on several occasion interred with the police getting someone because he wanted the kill instead. That IS something Deb will 100% not be okay with.
    Well he's always trying to feed the beast. It's not as if we're talking about an individual who is in control of his actions.

Well he's always trying to feed the beast. It's not as if we're talking about an individual who is in control of his actions.
    My point is he can't safely hide behind the whole "i only take out the people you miss" reasoning. Frankly I'm surprised Deb hasn't grilled him on if any of her cold cases are people he took out.

I really really love this show and I almost hope they stop making it because I feel like it's starting to jump the shark. The last two seasons were a bit weak and in particular Deb's feelings for Dexter are... not a good twist. :S

I'm actually trying to remember what all the seasons were exactly. It's been over a year since I started watching.

Season 1 was "The Ice Truck Killer" bit. Great season.
    Season 2 was "The Bay Harbour Butcher" one. Probably one of my favourite seasons.
    Season 3 was the Jimmy Smits season. Always awesome when he's around. Also had the Skinner plot.
    Season 4 was The Trinity Killer season. Also when Dexter had his son. Pretty good season. Wasn't the one I was thinking of.
    Season 5 was the one with Lumen. I didn't care for this season much.
    Season 6 was the Doomsday Killers season. I didn't like this season much either.

and season 7 is the new one. Okay, got that straight now.
    Yeah good summary. Pretty much how I felt about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    My point is he can't safely hide behind the whole "i only take out the people you miss" reasoning. Frankly I'm surprised Deb hasn't grilled him on if any of her cold cases are people he took out.
    She's in denial. I'm a little upset by her reaction really. It's out of character..

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly, but I hope they don't overplay this whole mafia thing. Is Dexter going to take down a whole organization by himself?

I'm curious to see what happens with Yvonne Strahovskis character, apparently she's supposed to play a rather big part in the season. Possible love interest for Dexter?
    I think maybe Dexter will actually help Deb with this one and get her a big bust, there is no way he can do this on his own.

I'm so glad that Yvonne is on the show! Ever since I saw Chuck she is one of my favorite actresses.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I think maybe Dexter will actually help Deb with this one and get her a big bust, there is no way he can do this on his own.

I'm so glad that Yvonne is on the show! Ever since I saw Chuck she is one of my favorite actresses.
    Jennifer Carpenter isn't that flat chested, you nasty, nasty boy.

15+ Year Old Account
    last episode was a little meh.. I don't like the direction it's going with Deb. It all just seems way too out of character.

10+ Year Old Account
    last episode was a little meh.. I don't like the direction it's going with Deb. It all just seems way too out of character.
    I couldn't agree more. I still really like the show and I'm glad to see Dexter is killing again, but Deb really shouldn't be going along with all of this.

Move along.