Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Rose coloured glasses friend. Their competitors aren't doing it better, or you'd be playing those games. The language is showing that you're heating up though. Why is that?

Also, anyone in game design can tell you that it isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. I wish we could call those fellas into this thread, but essentially, throwing more money at the problem doesn't solve it. They ARE doing the best they can. Incidentally the best they can IS better than the competition and the 9 million is what they have to show for it.
    Athrasis doesnt play wow anymore. He has passed on but his angry spirit sticks around to haunt these forums to let us know just how unhappy he is. He is a Forum Ghost. Acknowledging his presence just gives him more power. He also thinks he is a "Rebel". Lol.

Tabard system WAS NOT god. It was really, really bad, because you earned reputation with no effort from your side, as you were doing heroics anyway. That's how it was in my case. In MoP actually, you finally need to DO SOMETHING to get this items. You spend additional time for dailes, and you are rewarded for it. No dailies = no reward, fair and simple. You want better gear without dailies? You have other way to get it.
    Tabards? They can add them once more, but in that case they should have weekly cap for rep. 500-750 rep from tabard per week? Seems fair, as for ADDITIONAL source of reputation. That's my opinion.

You people complaining about dailies always fail to realize you can take your time on them. You will get exalted with all the factions way before you can actually accumulate enough Valor Points to buy all the honored/revered gear, thanks to the weekly cap. Stop crying about them it's getting really old already. I'll be exalted with all MoP factions Thursday. But guess what? I'll still have to farm VP for another month or so to be able to even buy all the VP gear.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Athrasis doesnt play wow anymore. He has passed on but his angry spirit sticks around to haunt these forums to let us know just how unhappy he is. He is a Forum Ghost. Acknowledging his presence just gives him more power. He also thinks he is a "Rebel". Lol.
    Eh, I stuck around when I quit WoW. I can forgive him. On the other hand I wasn't angry with WoW or trying to blame anyone for it, I just knew that I wanted other parts of my life back and that I needed a break. I was trying to get him to that point with a little bit of prodding and not being overly combative about it.

Deleted
    Dailies are optional if you're fine with watching your valor rot. Or you're not earning valor at all, that leaves you with PvP and pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Didn't read any other post except OPs and just going to say that people will never ever be truly happy with whatever Blizzard does. Content is either too hard or too easy, not enough to do or too much to do, feeling forced to do things or not having enough push to leave a city.

No one cared in Burning Crusade or Classic and people just went out and played the game. Now you gamers/cryers feel that Blizzard owes you something because you spent $15/mo.

Everyone asks what the "Wow killer" will be and I truly think it's the players who play this game.

If you hate the game so bad and don't want to feel FORCED to do your dailies or whatever else the game makes you want to do - just login and unsubscribe and you will not be missed by anyone. MoP finally hit a great medium between BC & Wrath gating people from achieving gear without putting in time and effort.
    My only gripe with the dailies are the jerk PC's. Never seen so many. There's no way to avoid it, but it breeds more and brings out the worst in everyone. Likewise, if it was reversed and more were helpful and respectful, sure there'd still be some jerks, but not as many.

But, time and effort = rewards. The reputation system is working as it should, though I wouldn't be opposed to a tabard system that offered a very small amount of faction rep points, like 100 for completing a dungeon with a cap of 500 per day per faction which would lock out the ability as of the first dungeon per day to get rep through dailies and, likewise, the first rep gained through a daily would lock out the ability to get rep through dungeons.

I imagine such a system would generate a lot of complaints, but I'd be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    It feels like Blizzard is intentionally trying to kill doing 5 mans as a viable way of playing. Compared to previous expansions:
    -no faction reputation can be gained
    -last boss isn't dropping anything worthwhile like orbs for crafting
    -they removed deserter debuff
    -last two points promote "leave if I don't get an item I want from a first boss" behaviour
    -valor and justice gains has been drastically reduced
    -can't spend that valor anyway unless I do tons of dailies
    There were HUGE outcries on the forums that people found Cata heroics too difficult. So they made them easier, just as players said.
    You can't honestly expect to get the same rewards now? Heroics are faceroll, it would be an insult to get epics handed out there.

Also, best quote in this thread so far:
    I agree with all this gripe about dailies. Its the same issue I have with Heroic raid level gear. Why can I only get those through heroic raids? I don't like spending all that time to do heroic raids. I feel I should be able to acquire those items through something I like, questing. I'm really thinking of unsubbing because of the stupid REQUIRED grindy-ness of Heroic raids. I mean, heroic raid level gear is absolutely required for progression through this game, and its pointless to play if you don't have it. Maybe they can also make it so you can buy heroic raid level gear by gaining tokens in heroic dungeons while wearing a tabard, cause I don't feel I should be required to burn out on heroic raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    You're not wrong. But the thought of re-doing these rep grinds 10 times gives me the willies. BUT - I do recognize that, at some point, there will be gear resets and it will matter less. The issue, I guess, is gating crafting patterns behind reps.

I'd love to level, say, my JC and Enchanting which exist on 2 different alts. But if i can't get the patterns I need without rep grinds (and I'm not even sure if this is the case), then it's not worth doing.
    JC get's patterns in jade Forest, including the JC only stuff. No rep required, just the skill. You can max JC without setting foot into Pandaria.
    They also get vanity patterns from Revered with the Could serpents, to craft the panther mounts. Since they are vanity, I don't have a problem getting to the grind to revered, which goes actually very fast I have to say. My woman's main is JC and she is already exalted. It felt like just a few days to me.
    I myself did only the initial quests with them and the dailies twice, I am well into honored on my way to revered. They are on my back burner, since I don't see a need to get serpent flying skill and a free mount just yet.
    For enchanting, my main is a enchanter.... yeah there it is a grind. You need to get Golden Lotus to revered to unlock Shado-Pan and August Celestial Dailies.
    Both have the top enchanting patterns. Shado-Pan the weapon enchants, and Celestials the bracers. you get them at revered with those factions.
    But as an old school player I don't have any problem with that grind. Since TBC I am used to get the juicy stuff by working for it. And I am happy doing so.
    I am honest, and I prefer that method a lot more than the horrible RNG involved with running Ulduar 25 on end in WotLK, until you get lucky to get the enchant even drop, and then winning the roll against other enchanters. Was worse to get them, than the enchants dropping in the TBC 10 mans.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-10-30 at 04:09 PM.

Dailies are optional if you're fine with watching your valor rot. Or you're not earning valor at all, that leaves you with PvP and pet battles.
    Yeah except for the FACT that you can get to honored with a faction doing regular (non-daily) quests and that gives you access to some valor items and that it only requires you to do a few dailies 7 days in a row to unlock the rest. It takes 2 weeks of valor capping to get the low end valor gear and 3 weeks to get the high end valor gear. If you cant do a few dailies 7 times in a row in three weeks then you need to reconsider how you spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Can you please cite a source that says this in crystal clarity and not ambiguously? I like to think I follow the game and keep tabs on it at a regular basis but I may have missed that particular memo.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886

*emphasis added by me*

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Future of Valor
    The second change I want to mention is that we plan to adjust the role of Valor points. Valor (or the various other names that the currency has had over the years) was originally added to WoW for two reasons: it helped to mitigate really bad luck, for those times when the boss just refused to drop the item you wanted, and it helped encourage players to stay with the group even if they didn’t need anything off the next boss.

Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot. This is particularly the case when the tier sets are available on the Valor vendors. We think killing dragons and ransacking their hoard is more epic than shopping at the magic armor store, so we want to shift back toward boss kills being the primary source of epic PvE gear.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Yeah except for the FACT that you can get to honored with a faction doing regular (non-daily) quests and that gives you access to some valor items and that it only requires you to do a few dailies 7 days in a row to unlock the rest. It takes 2 weeks of valor capping to get the low end valor gear and 3 weeks to get the high end valor gear. If you cant do a few dailies 7 times in a row in three weeks then you need to reconsider how you spend your free time.
    Are you defending Blizzard's current system because you think this system is the best?

I see dailies and dungeons/raids and two completely different systems. They shouldn't use the same currency.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.
    If you want the rep-based rewars, you should have to do the rep-based work, no? I mean, what if I want to get PvP gear but I don't want to PvP? Should there be an Honor or Conquest tabard so I can get stuff I don't want to work for?

It's not a matter of hating people because they dislike dailies. It's hating that people feel this silly entitlement to stuff they are not working for. Yes, you have to do dungeons with the tabard system, but you already get rewarded with gear and Valor Points. More rewards are not necessary.

Here's kind of the other issue I have with the tabard system: If they do that, then people burn through dungeon after dungeon because it is faster than dailies (there is a cap on the number of dailies you can do, but not the number of dungeons). You then have people just grinding dungeons for rep for a few days, then you're Exalted with every faction. This will lead to these 2 complaints:

1. They will complain about being FORCED to do dungeons because dailies are capped at about 1,500 rep per day, making that method much slower than running dungeons.

2. They will complain about a lack of content because the content becomes short-term and easy to finish early on.

Personally, I have only finished 2 factions (Order of the Cloud Serpent and The Tillers) because I got bored of dailies and haven't been doing them for about a week now. I've been doing a lot of Pet Battles instead now, along with a bit of Archaeology. When I get bored/finished with Pet Battles, I can go back to dailies. However, with the tabard system, I would have been Exalted with every faction after 2 weeks, no question. I would have then moved to Archaeology and Pet Battles, and probably have been almost finished by now. After that, I would not have much to do, as I have a school schedule (Monday-Thursday nights) that makes raiding difficult for me.

So, you say how the tabard system worked, but it would make content last a shorter amount of time. If the tabard system was in-place, I'd be happy to have my mounts now, but I'd also be almost out of stuff to do on a regular basis. I'd be geared in 463s from running the MASSIVE number of dungeons to get Exalted, so I wouldn't need gear from there. I'd have finished rep sooner so I'd NEVER do dailies again. I'd have started back in on Pet Battles and Archaeology sooner, so I'd be that much closer to finishing what I want to do with both.

You act like what YOU want is the best option and THE solution, and you're acting like a victim because people disagree. Just stop it and accept that the game does not revolve around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886

*emphasis added by me*

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Future of Valor
    The second change I want to mention is that we plan to adjust the role of Valor points. Valor (or the various other names that the currency has had over the years) was originally added to WoW for two reasons: it helped to mitigate really bad luck, for those times when the boss just refused to drop the item you wanted, and it helped encourage players to stay with the group even if they didn’t need anything off the next boss.

Over time, we have felt like Valor has taken on too prominent a role, to the point that it risks becoming more important than actual boss loot. This is particularly the case when the tier sets are available on the Valor vendors. We think killing dragons and ransacking their hoard is more epic than shopping at the magic armor store, so we want to shift back toward boss kills being the primary source of epic PvE gear.
    Then the answer is simple. Don't reward valor from dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Are you defending Blizzard's current system because you think this system is the best?

I see dailies and dungeons/raids and two completely different systems. They shouldn't use the same currency.
    I think I agree with you a bit on that. However, the method of Valor from dailies will give people a way to avoid redundancy. If you've finished gearing from dungeons, just going in for Valor kind of starts giving you a mentality of hatred for dungeons (I know, I used to have to do that). Questing is still something of a PvE environment, so rewarding you with PvE-based Valor still makes sense. I would suggest that they give Justice Points instead, given the lack of difficulty involved with dailies. HOWEVER, they need to give you useful things to spend the Justice Points on first, like how you could buy trade goods in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    With a single faction. After that, what I said is valid.

1) Valor is the same ilvl gear as raid gear from normal modes.

2) If you aren't doing normal modes then you do dailies, but I'm of the school of "If you don't do normal modes you really don't need raid level gear nor do you deserve it".

3) You only need to do 1 faction of dailies at a time. By the time you accrue enough valor to purchase each item, you'd only be at 1 level of reputation for each faction. For example: By the time you hit honored with GL if you ONLY did golden lotus dailies every day you'd have enough to barely purchase the item from honored with GL. By the time you hit revered with GL doing ONLY GL dailies you will have barely enough for the revered item. Then you work on shado pan to honored which you should hit honored BEFORE you have enough VP to purchase the shado pan honored item. So then you do August Celestials to honored which is easy since those dailies take about 10 minutes max or do shado pan to revered or both.

Still crying about gear? If you did Dread Wastes, you should either be honored with Klaxxi or just a few dailies below honored. There's another VP item right there that you cannot afford.

Dailies are optional and even if you claim for VP dailies aren't optional, you only have to do 1 set of dailies at a time up to revered for that faction. You will not have enough VP to spend on all 4 factions if you do all of them at once.

So no, stop crying about dailies.

Then the answer is simple. Don't reward valor from dungeons and raids.
    I think making Valor rewards ust a level below would be good enough. That way, you're able to progress without having a good enough piece to skip something. Like now, we get 489s from Valor. Make them 476s, and that should keep people wating upgrades, ESPECIALLY if they actually made raids need more than just that bare-minimum 476 gear.

It's just, like they said, sometimes bosses hate you. I know that when I was doing Firelands, Shannox wouldn't drop his helm for the LIFE of me. I probably went in there 10+ times without success, and was lucky to have Ragnaros drop the tier helm, because in all the time we were there, I never saw the helm from Shannox drop. In cases like that, it sucks to be totally left behind in gearing up. If that happens now (I'm not raiding right now, so it won't), you get stuck in a 463 while you maybe see everyone else outgearing you by getting their 489s to drop. If Valor gave 476s, the gap would be smaller, and even bad RNG could feel like progress, mitigating frustration.

I do agree that giving Valor gear on-par (in terms of item level) with the actual raid gear is kind of crappy. Make it on-par with LFR gear.

Its not that people cant be bothered working for it, its that the dailies are mind numbingly boring. At least it is for me and many of my mates. After doing an hour of dailies i lose the will to do anything else.. Its become so bad i am now spending less than 10 hours per week gaming instead of the 30+ normally and of that half is levelling my monk.. /sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    1) Valor is the same ilvl gear as raid gear from normal modes.

2) If you aren't doing normal modes then you do dailies, but I'm of the school of "If you don't do normal modes you really don't need raid level gear nor do you deserve it".

3) You only need to do 1 faction of dailies at a time. By the time you accrue enough valor to purchase each item, you'd only be at 1 level of reputation for each faction. For example: By the time you hit honored with GL if you ONLY did golden lotus dailies every day you'd have enough to barely purchase the item from honored with GL. By the time you hit revered with GL doing ONLY GL dailies you will have barely enough for the revered item. Then you work on shado pan to honored which you should hit honored BEFORE you have enough VP to purchase the shado pan honored item. So then you do August Celestials to honored which is easy since those dailies take about 10 minutes max or do shado pan to revered or both.

Still crying about gear? If you did Dread Wastes, you should either be honored with Klaxxi or just a few dailies below honored. There's another VP item right there that you cannot afford.

Dailies are optional and even if you claim for VP dailies aren't optional, you only have to do 1 set of dailies at a time up to revered for that faction. You will not have enough VP to spend on all 4 factions if you do all of them at once.

So no, stop crying about dailies.
    And you invalidated what I said how exactly ? Dailies are optional if you don't want valor gear/are fine with your valor getting wasted. You can't argue with that.

Is there a best system? No. When you have more people playing a game than just you then Blizz has to try to put something out there for everyone. Some people love dailies and some don't. Some people like getting everything they need in dungeons and sitting around orgrimmar bitching that they are bored and some don't.

I've stated that I hate dailies, I hate them worse than people who I've broken ribs on and yet I do them and get them out of the way so I can have the rewards I want without screaming like a baby on a forum and saying lies that hold up my point of view like, "If you don't do dailies you can't spend valor" when you can get to honored off of dungeon quests and regular zone quests and there are things at honored you can spend valor on.

I also understand that 7 days of dailies to get revered is nothing when an expansion sticks around for nearly 500 days. Either man up and get it over with or don't do them but crying certainly isn't helping you get valor gear unlocked. God forbid that Blizz wants you to spend 7 days experiencing content. This ideal that 1 or 2 weeks is way too long could only be shared by an age group that complains in August that it's taking too long for Santa to get here.