Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lore wise ANYTHING can be a demon hunter as long as they are intelligent enough and have another demon hunter teach them.

however the vast majority of demon hunters are either night elves blood elves or humans but its definitely possible so for gameplay reasons demon hunter could be available to all races.

now if we look at each expansion you will notice that whatever they add is always something fans want ALOT blood elves? lots of people wanted them. death knights? lots of people wanted them. goblins? lots of people wanted them. pandaren and brewmasters? lots of people wanted them.

so if we go and look at what gets requested alot the top three right now would probably be demon hunters, naga, ogres. its very likely we will get atleast one of those sometime next xpansion and considering its pointing to a burning legion expansion demon hunter is pretty much a done deal.

some other popular options are ethereal, battle mages, dragonkin or drakonid either as a class or a race, high elves, arrakoa.

every expansion theyve added something fans have asked for alot so we should keep our speculation to these
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Didnt Blizzard already state they werent making another hero class?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I would suggest reading wow-wiki's article on demon hunters. There are quite a few active ones out there. Havent seen any topless female elven demon hunters though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Didnt Blizzard already state they werent making another hero class?
    no after wrath they said they werent going to add one EVERY expansion nor would every class added be a hero class.

a hero class means only two things, they get their own special starting zone and they start at a lvl higher then 1
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Wow wiki also states that the longer a demon hunter uses their chaotic energy souce to battle evil the more demonic they become until the undergo metamorphosis (much akin to warlock demonologists) until they end up as a demon just like Illidan did with cloven hooves, wings, talons and horns.

I can't believe they introduced Vrykul in lich king and didn't allow us to play them

Hozen too, i'd like playable hozen race

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I can't believe they introduced Vrykul in lich king and didn't allow us to play them

well vrykul are just big humans with dirty hair O-O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Wow wiki also states that the longer a demon hunter uses their chaotic energy souce to battle evil the more demonic they become until the undergo metamorphosis (much akin to warlock demonologists) until they end up as a demon just like Illidan did with cloven hooves, wings, talons and horns.
    This being said this could be implemented with leveling ! The higher you level the more demon-y you become. At max level you're something illadin ish or depending on your spec you get morphed differently

Quote Originally Posted by Bhiu View Post
    This being said this could be implemented with leveling ! The higher you level the more demon-y you become. At max level you're something illadin ish or depending on your spec you get morphed differently
    they could also make metamorphosis a vanity spell kind of like worgens with human form.

they could either go all out and give them a special model or if they want to be lazy they could just give them the updated nathrezim model

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they could also make metamorphosis a vanity spell kind of like worgens with human form.

they could either go all out and give them a special model or if they want to be lazy they could just give them the updated nathrezim model
    Well with what I'm saying lets take a race, Tauren for example, they'd grown and extra set of horns, different colored eyes, bigger hooves, maybe a spined back and losing their tail. Just stuff of the top of my head for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Blademaster; melee agi mail using 2h swords/polearms etc.

Orc, tauren, troll and panda for Horde.
    Human, nelf, dwarf and panda for Alliance.

Mainly DPS but has supporting wards of different kind for each spec, along with a unique playstyle for each.
    They've pretty much offloaded the entire thing to arms warriors. Sure there's things like mirror image and windwalk, but there are actual blademasters in game and they use warrior abilities.

Anyways, If they do do demon hunters, they BETTER let draenei be them. They've spent their entire lives battling demons as well.

They could easily revamp the black temple as a demon hunter training ground/starter zone akin to the ebon hold, have em start at level 60 in outland. Makes sense.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2012-12-14 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhiu View Post
    Well with what I'm saying lets take a race, Tauren for example, they'd grown and extra set of horns, different colored eyes, bigger hooves, maybe a spined back and losing their tail. Just stuff of the top of my head for an example.
    if they do something like this they should let demon hunters fly with wings kinda like how worgen are there own mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if they do something like this they should let demon hunters fly with wings kinda like how worgen are there own mount
    Maybe a glyph? Like the monks Zen flight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post

I didn't play as Horde in MoP but it seems like the horde is in alliance with Hozen in Jade forest but not in the later zones, do they figure out that the Hozen are not quite admirable or dependable allies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didn't play as Horde in MoP but it seems like the horde is in alliance with Hozen in Jade forest but not in the later zones, do they figure out that the Hozen are not quite admirable or dependable allies?
    You kinda just stop seeing them.

They say in wow wiki that the wings demon hunters grow are incapable of flight. Also the ideal is that they use destruction to destroy agents of destruction but eventually they succumb to their own chaotic natures, fully transform into their demonic shapes and become exactly that which they are fighting against, only they are much more powerful than most things they have destroyed which means they end up adding to the problem rather than truly defeating it. That is why they are shunned by the societies they come from.

It is not impossible that someone could figure out a way to sidestep the end result much like the night elves figured out a ritual to keep the Worgan from becoming psychotic killing machines like the worgan in Northrend Grizzly hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    What about fourth specs for classes? Warlocks get demon hunter, mages get warmage etc?
    This is my thinking as well. Not saying it would be easier but it would allow some of the class bloat to get redistributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I don't think they will add Demon hunters, since we got a leather melee class just this expansion.
    There is no precedence of them wearing leather, in fact the only precedence is that they wear robe bottoms and are shirtless/shoulderpadless with mystical tattoos and bracers. They could be put in cloth, leather, or mail.

In fact bliz could make them use mail and basically you put the mail in the chest slot and your mystical tats become imbued with the stats of the chainmail but you are still shirtless with tats.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-12-14 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the next xpac MIGHT bring in a new class, just to add a thrid mail wearer. But IMO there will be another neutral faction added and they will update existing models since players ask for it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Demon hunters are a melee class in the Warcraft universe. If they are the next hero class, they will probably be some form of magic/melee akin to Death Knights. DPS/Tank class almost assuredly.
    As good as that sounds (I'd love a new tank class to play) the problem I see is... We already have 4 tanks first of all, and second of all, another class is going to bring the total up to 12 classes. Meaning you won't be able to bring some classes to raids in a 10 man, which kinda sucks, but I suppose we could deal with that. Unless Blizzard goes with 15 man raiding, that would be legit