View Poll Results: Do you think football should be banned?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • We should ban all sports and athletics.

38 15.90%
  • Football should be banned for everyone, including adults.

19 7.95%
  • Football should be banned in high schools and colleges.

4 1.67%
  • Football should be banned in high schools only.

9 3.77%
  • Football shouldn't be banned.

169 70.71%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Yeah, I would want to watch that game 10 times. No, I will watch that game 12 times!
    It is frankly amazing how many bright ideas such a dumbass cartoon has had
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is frankly amazing how many bright ideas such a dumbass cartoon has had
    I love southpark with every living cell in my body ^^ Just the satire on the western civilization is just brilliant

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I love southpark with every living cell in my body ^^ Just the satire on the western civilization is just brilliant
    I second that. Says alot if someone is just out to mock us and actually pull it off
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Banning shit because it under certain circumstances can be dangerous is idiotic. Might as well ban everything under the sun then. We talk so warmly about the freedom we humans are supposed to have, do we truly have it when we always seek to ban stuff we personally don't like?

Misc info:

Professional boxing is banned in Norway, we're together with Cuba and North Korea on this. Woho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ban all sports! then i dont have to watch them when my farther hogs the TV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Banning shit because it under certain circumstances can be dangerous is idiotic. Might as well ban everything under the sun then. We talk so warmly about the freedom we humans are supposed to have, do we truly have it when we always seek to ban stuff we personally don't like?

Misc info:

Professional boxing is banned in Norway, we're together with Cuba and North Korea on this. Woho.
    Curious what profesional means cos I know Sweden is dodgy as well. Head protection or not, what is profesional?

Now, I find this sport incredibly boring so it makes me no never mind but, can you link to this liberal outcry for banning this sport? Can't say I have hear anything about it all, except for some rumbling about the concussions.

Why stop at real football? Ban soda's, guns , scissors (ppl run with them) and anything else that could potentially harm someone.

It doesnt matter if they choose to do it to themselves, the gov knows whats best for you

I think it's funny people are trying to attribute one political party or the other to this as if it matters somehow. You guys are living in a crazy world, where an idea is either good or bad based on whether it was a republican or democrat who voiced it.

I think if you're ready to ban guns, you're ready to ban sports. All of them. It's pretty much all the exact same arguments for both discussions.

Personally, I think freedom of choice should be supreme... but it isn't, and it hasn't been for a long time. And when you think of freedom, I imagine you think (like most people) that freedom only includes things YOU like, and if somebody else has a different idea of what freedom means - legal prostitution, legalization of ALL drugs, arms, religion, as long as they don't include physically hurting someone else, NOT hurting their 'feelings' because you're doing something they consider 'morally repugnant' - then "THEY ARE WRONG, THAT'S NOT FREEDOM!" Government should not enforce morality. When it does, it becomes a tyranny - that's what we're living in.

Deleted
    when you say football, do you mean actual football or hand-egg?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post

Misc info:

A ban on boxing in competitive forms is something I'm completely for. I am a Norwegian and I have boxed since I was 13, by boxed I mean sparing, which you can do and there is also boxing clubs in Norway. I really like the sport but quite frankly it is not, as a professional sport, something I would let my kid do. The only way would be if he boxed without gloves.

15+ Year Old Account
    But...I can fianlly play football in wow! You naysayers!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think it's funny people are trying to attribute one political party or the other to this as if it matters somehow. You guys are living in a crazy world, where an idea is either good or bad based on whether it was a republican or democrat who voiced it.

I think if you're ready to ban guns, you're ready to ban sports. All of them. It's pretty much all the exact same arguments for both discussions.

Personally, I think freedom of choice should be supreme... but it isn't, and it hasn't been for a long time. And when you think of freedom, I imagine you think (like most people) that freedom only includes things YOU like, and if somebody else has a different idea of what freedom means - legal prostitution, legalization of ALL drugs, arms, religion, as long as they don't include physically hurting someone else, NOT hurting their 'feelings' because you're doing something they consider 'morally repugnant' - then "THEY ARE WRONG, THAT'S NOT FREEDOM!" Government should not enforce morality. When it does, it becomes a tyranny - that's what we're living in.
    Will you please explain how guns are like sports? I don't get that one, at all.

Except for prostitution and drugs what exactly is it that's illegal that you think people should be able to do?

Your definition of freedom basically makes any society with any laws or norms a tyranny, at which point the word loses all meaning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But...I can fianlly play football in wow! You naysayers!
    STFU overly happy WoW nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I never understood how American football can be even close to as dangerous as rugby. But, I guess I would say the helmets are nasty. They are of course great when they protect, but when used to make the tackle or hit - I can see why they are very dangerous. I don't have a solution, wish i did because I really enjoy American football.
    Rugby actually has a much lower concussion rate simply because of the lack of helmets. Players don't lead with their heads and do a better job of protecting their heads. In American football, the helmets are turned into a weapon, more often than not. If they wanted to drastically reduce concussions in the NFL, they'd eliminate the use of helmets. But they don't want that, so the helmets will continue to exist.

This is a dumb post. I played football from age 8-18 and i never got seriously injured. The chances are really slim to get long sustaining injuries. Only NFL players show long term vulnerability. But if you get paid that kind of money, you make the sacrifice.

Highschool football is more than fine. By that time the players have already been playing for 6ish years. And its a choice, nobody is forced to play outside the prisoners on The Longest Yard.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-12-25 at 09:26 PM.

I am not going to say you are an idiot, just that I strongly disagree with this. You obviously did not research this well enough as one of the links I chose at random was from a conservative.

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Darthcullen; 2012-12-25 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Rephrasing for infraction

15+ Year Old Account
    With no scientific data to support me, I would say the big sports that leads to serious longterm injuries are fotball (soccer for rednecks), rugby and hockey.
    Sprinkled ankle etc is not really a big deal

Warning: Please refrain from using stereotypical terms such as "redneck".
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-12-26 at 05:30 PM.

I'm English, while I do banter Americans at football - I'm clever enough to realise banning it is just plain fucking stupid. Ironically, all the armour and padding makes it mroe dangerous, people have less regard for their safety. Look at Rugby - huge contact - little in the way of protection, and surprisingly low number of casualties - I know, its swings and roundabouts, but the underlying principle is the same.

but seriously, stop wrapping kids in bubble wrap - broken bones and torn ligaments are character building.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I'm still curious as to who it is that actually wants this ban?