Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wondered if anyone was going to post this or if it was going to be conveniently ignored. NBC knowingly violated the law as others have pointed. They went as far to ask the DC police for permission and were denied, yet still went ahead with using the magazine. This whole situation is just dripping with irony. David Gregory violates the very law he is advocating for.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Well, too bad he didn't know the law.
    Not knowing it is not an excuse. If you had it in your car in your possession in DC you would be arrested and charged with a felony count which could impact the rest of your life. Why should he get a pass where the rest of us wouldn't.

Also shows how stupid and ineffective the ban in DC is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Not knowing it is not an excuse. If you had it in your car in your possession in DC you would be arrested and charged with a felony count which could impact the rest of your life. Why should he get a pass where the rest of us wouldn't.
    What the ? what ?
    I said : Too bad he didn't know the law. Now he's going to have to face the consequences. He shouldn't get a pass. He broke the law. And apparently he did so knowingly. If he gets punished then good, the law has been enforced. Next!

So it's against the law for him to bring in a magazine that can hold over 10 rounds, but at the same time they don't believe reducing a magazine from 30 to 5 rounds will help anything...I'm not sure how that even makes sense. 10 rounds is too many and 5 rounds won't change anything. Then why have the law at 10 rounds?

The entire thing seems stupid and not worth thinking about a second more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    What the ? what ?
    I said : Too bad he didn't know the law. Now he's going to have to face the consequences. He shouldn't get a pass. He broke the law. And apparently he did so knowingly. If he gets punished then good, the law has been enforced. Next!
    I took that a different way, sorry about that.

Right now he should be glad there is even a discussion, you or I would be in jail now sleeping on a green mat hoping to get a bond until a court date.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So it's against the law for him to bring in a magazine that can hold over 10 rounds, but at the same time they don't believe reducing a magazine from 30 to 5 rounds will help anything...I'm not sure how that even makes sense. 10 rounds is too many and 5 rounds won't change anything. Then why have the law at 10 rounds?

The entire thing seems stupid and not worth thinking about a second more.
    I'm not really sure if you got what you wanted across properly, but to address what I assume you were getting at...

The problem will always be the intent to kill vs those who cannot defend themselves, which is the point that has been raised and ignored time and time again. Let us say fine, 10 rounds, which is what they were after originally but not this time, So I have to carry more magazines and reload more often but yet this is verse unarmed targets (initially). So what is the idea situation for those 4 seconds? To bum rush the guy with the gun? The last several mass shootings I've heard of have all involved guns jamming and never ending with "And then the gun man was rushed and taken to the ground." Shouldn't that be a more drastic talking point?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Also, he showed a magazine, not a clip. A clip is totally different.
    Why do gun fans constantly make this distinction as if anyone but them cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Because it makes you look clueless, thats why. Like calling a Jet fighter a helicopter just because they both fly, if you are going to give an opinion on something, at least know a little about what you are talking about.

"Man stabbed to death with a pencil" *Shows picture of a crayon*.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Because if you're going to get into a nitty gritty debate on the matter you should at least know what the hell it is that your talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it makes you look clueless, thats why. Like calling a Jet fighter a helicopter just because they both fly, if you are going to give an opinion on something, at least know a little about what you are talking about.

That's why you're one of the few posters I take seriously when debating in gun control discussions.

Slightly OT though, my grandfather have me his Garand for Xmas but I have no bloc clips for it, and I know of no gun stores that have them.

AHHHHHHHHH

Oh, and Garand > Enfield

It's not as accurate but it's better overall.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    That's why you're one of the few posters I take seriously when debating in gun control discussions.

Slightly OT though, my grandfather have me his Garand for Xmas but I have no bloc clips for it, and I know of no gun stores that have them.

AHHHHHHHHH

Oh, and Garand > Enfield

Ever tried shooting an M14? Beaut of a gun, to be sure.

AHHHHHHHHH

Oh, and Garand > Enfield

Gun broker is my suggestion. I don't remember if that part is regulated off of Ebay or not though.

Deleted

AHHHHHHHHH

Oh, and Garand > Enfield

At least I can still fire my Enfield while you are still looking for clips

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-2450

any good to you?

...a 4 year old can tell the difference between a Jet Fighter/Helicopter and a Pencil/Crayon.

I sincerely doubt a 4 year old can tell you the difference between a gun's ammunition clip and a magazine casing.

The day a 4 year old in my country can do that is the day when I move to another country. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...a 4 year old can tell the difference between a Jet Fighter/Helicopter and a Pencil/Crayon.

I sincerely doubt a 4 year old can tell you the difference between a gun's ammunition clip and a magazine casing.

The day a 4 year old in my country can do that is the day when I move to another country. :P
    A 4 year is not on the news debating their agenda to you (I hope). I firmly believe that unless you have knowledge on a subject it is better to keep quiet.

"Better to be silent and be thought of a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Ever tried shooting an M14? Beaut of a gun, to be sure.
    Yup, they're great.

A 4 year is not on the news debating their agenda to you (I hope). I firmly believe that unless you have knowledge on a subject it is better to keep quiet.

"Better to be silent and be thought of a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt".
    lol, damn you and your points Rich.

On the other hand, as it has been pointed out elsewhere, the News Media isn't legally required or obligated to tell you the truth. Actually, they are completely within their rights to tell you whatever they want, even if it is a lie, with zero legal recourse..... as long as its on the Television.

GO AMERICA!

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I can still fire my Enfield while you are still looking for clips

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-2450

any good to you?
    Yeah, thanks. I just don't have any experience buying gun related stuff online.

Is it common for people to call a jet fighter a helicopter or a crayon a pencil? No? Then your point is moot.

You're basically trying to say a message is invalid because a specific word that is used in common vernacular to refer to something other than what it is was spoken. If it was being written into the law as clip rather than magazine or vice versa, then yes, you'd have a point, but for people who are simply talking about the subject and have developed a habit of referring to something as a clip rather than a magazine because it is so damned common to do so, not really.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-28 at 12:53 AM.

A 4 year is not on the news debating their agenda to you
    The intellectual equivalent of one is if you are watching someone who works for fox news.