Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen is so big he will always be standing in Defile and he doesn't have a way to dispel Infest.

Lich King will farm him for a mount on every single lockout.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it can be beaten by 10/25 "normal" people, then it will never be really powerful.. since if something is really powerful it wouldent fall for the normal "hey look at me im haveing insane armor and shield only hit on me even tho there are like 6/17 other people hurting u and alot of people healing all off them"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    if it can be beaten by 10/25 "normal" people, then it will never be really powerful.. since if something is really powerful it wouldent fall for the normal "hey look at me im haveing insane armor and shield only hit on me even tho there are like 6/17 other people hurting u and alot of people healing all off them"
    Game mechanics.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    That weak reply prooves my point, as long as the helm is on his head Nerzhul pulls all the strings and arthas soul means shit since Nerzhul subdued it easily even when arthas was a pala
    Arthas defeated Ner'zhul inside his mind while he was on the frozen throne; only Arthas remained during WotLK.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    no-one ever 1 shots heroic mode, so really you die, you cant come back to life...boss wins, if we ress boss resses next week...no1 wins!

Lich King is stronger because he had a unique in game model.

Thunder King is just a reskinned Draenei so he is lame.

Somebody asked if Archimonde would defeat Lich King.

Actually, remember that eredar were extremely powerful race, between which Archimonde and KilJaeden were most powerful sorcerers. Then, Sargeras ( most powerful titan ) bestowed his divine power upon them, making them most powerful demon lords of the just created Burning Legion. Therefore, their power is actually unmatched, with united forces of orcs, humans and night elves unable to stop Archimonde. Even beings like Cenarius would be unable to face him in combat. Also, not Dragon Aspects nor Elemental Lords ( I am sure Alextrasza would have interfered if she had been able to do anything ).

Kil'jaeden said that Lich King grew too powerful for him to CONTROL. He had never even implied that lich king became more powerful than him ( remember Kil'jaeden could not enter Azeroth and face Lich King himself ). I suppose most of the Lich King's powers ( like sucking into frostmourne ) just would not work on Archimonde, just like Dragon Soul is unable to hurt Sargeras. Therefore, I think that Lich King would not be able to defeat Archimonde or Kil'jaeden. You simply underestimate the power of demon lords ;p. Kil'jaeden is probably going to be last boss in some future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBone View Post
    Lich King is stronger because he had a unique in game model.

Thunder King is just a reskinned Draenei so he is lame.

*Facedesk* Really? You're complaining about that? Have you seen his model? He looks amazing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    As interesting as this discussion might be, there is just no way of knowing.

Maybe LK could just snap his fingers and kill Lei just as easy as he did with us, or maybe not. That insta-kill thing he did kinda breaks all LK vs random because we don't know just how powerful it is.

Edit: we as heroes are supposed to be the most powerful beings Azeroth ever seen (we all know it will en with us killing a Titan), so if we really relay on game lore, LK should be able to kill anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Game mechanics.
    thought we were talking lore here <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Lich King really that strong? When Arthas was the LK he was so with Frostmourne. Now that Bolvar is the new LK he wont have the extra power Arthas had with his sword.
    And besides, what makes the two different LKs(Arthas LK and Bolvar LK) weak is that they still have their humanity within them.

anyone read the title as lei she and just lol?

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    These are my thoughts, The Lich King was weak because of Arthas, the only thing that kept him from making mass devastation was that little brat. The Thunder King doesn't care about shit like that, this guy is brutal, and it took a whole race to defeat him the first time, it took 10 or 25 brave soldiers and an old fart to beat The Lich King. Not only that, but The Lich King's powers all came from relics, Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, The Thunder King has weapons sure, but he can still strike down intense lightning at will, and if all else fails he'll just crush you under his foot. I personally feel that Lei Shen has this one.
    And Lei Shen will be killed by 10-25 brave heroes. Let us not forget that it wasn't 25+ 1 old guy that killed Arthas. It took all the souls from Frostmourne + 25 heroes + Tirion and the powers of the "Light". Lore wise, it took 2 legendary weapons to kill Arthas. In which case, he could kill the entire group by just lifting his weapon up.

I'm sorry, but based on lore requiring thousands of souls + 2 legendary weapons + the light + 25 heroes over 25 heroes makes Arthas stronger. Not to mention, Arthas was holding back and toying with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgal View Post
    Wrong. You are quoting things that are not quotes.

Loh-ki tells us that the ARMIES of Lei Shen were defeated by pandaren monks, nothing about Lei Shen. Yes, Alani was created in his final momoents... but what were they? What was he doing? Why did he die? How did it happen?

In fact, we have no clue how Lei Shen lost his life.
    So what, he died of old age? You are knit picking now. He was killed in battle. Sorry to break it to you.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    They are also insanely arrogant, and without knowledge of current times. Mogu also quarrel alot and only obey the one with most power till they see an opening to seize it themself. Oh and they got they ass handed to them by their own creation the Saurok, and the Pandaran for that matter.
    Don't forget the Mantid taught them a lesson for breaching the wall and attacking them.

FYI most emperors probably including Thunder King used Pools of Youth to live forever so he must've died in battle.

For the poll I can't decide cause lore almost portrays Thunder King as a freaking god. Lich King had a ton of tricks up his sleeve tho, just questing through Icecrown showed us what he was doing including building an indestructible Necropolis and developing an ever more powerful plague. If it didn't raise you it simply fucking killed you on the spot.

Mogu's probably best bet to beat the Lich King is their ability to store souls into stone in all sizes which makes the plague severely less useful and the countless artifacts that pretty much all emperors used to greatly empower their rule. It's a fact that all living things are vulnerable to plague one way or another, some just more resistant.
    Last edited by Saft; 2012-12-29 at 12:18 AM.

Hmmm.

The Thunder King was powerful, but he died a long time ago to pandaren monks. He also built a wall to keep the Mantid out of the rest of the continent.

The Lich King(Nerzhul) from his throne, created the whole Scourge, from scrap. He killed the Nerubians, and raised them as to do his bidding. And even raised Dragons as frost wyrms.
    Arthas(Death Kinght), who received strength from this Lich King, destroyed Lordaeron, Quelthalas and even the great Dalaran. He Slew Uther, Anasterian and Antonidas, some of the greatest heroes at the time. Then the events of Frozen Throne, where he slew SAPHYRON! a dragon probably far older and powerful than Lei Shan. He also did battle with YOGG SARON! and won, kinda. Then he fought not only Kaelthas, but Illidan, and showed the Night Elf mercy, and became the Lich King.
    Lich King(Arthas) took a nap for 5 years, to figure out who he was, not because he was trapped, or however you said it. From his slumber, he still commanded the Scourge, or they were so organized, thanks to his loyal subjects, that they claimed most of Northrend, with ease, which is much larger than Pandaria. When he awoke, he resurrected one of the most powerful dragons ever to live. He also planned to Raise Galakrond, the first Dragon aswell as wage a war with Yogg Saron and his Titanish minions. He also won the loyalty of one of the most powerful races on Azeroth, who worshiped him as a god. He then proceeded to attack every major city on azeroth to taunt them into sending their armies to Northrend. He eradicated the strongest gathering of Scarlet crusaders ever, ppl who were professionals at killing undead. He also spared our lives every time he saw us, except Tirion's Gambit. Before the final attack on Icecrown, its discovered that he was holding back this whole time, that the good in him that was dying, was all that kept us alive. When we fight him, at 10% it is revealed that he was testing us and could have killed a full raid at any moment he wanted too, but because of this, he was wounded enough for Tirion to destroy Frostmourne and with the help of all those souls, we defeated him.

So, the Lich King had the potential to destroy every living being on the planet and still does, if Bolvar loses control. Lei Shen couldn't even take his own continent and was killed by Pandaren who didn't even wield weapons(seriously). He also built a wall to protect him from Mantids, who the Lich king in a matter of a couple years, wiped out their cousins in years.

Idk, maybe im bias to my favorite character, but it seems Lich King is far more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But wouldn't you consider Deathwing stronger than Arthas?
    Oh wow that would be interesting for sure.
    If we take Ner'zhul version of the LK then I would say DW but thats because Ner'zhul was stuck on the throne incomplete.
    But if we take the Arthas LK version then I'd think Azeroth would well be fucked period as tha war between those two would destroy all life.

You can say that DW would burn it all but then again LK would raise the dead and DW would burn them and DW wins but for some reason don't ask me what I just think that kinda of fight would simply wipe out everything on Azeroth, leaving only Outland and Sageras would win it all without getting out of bed, this due to the lack of any power being around to stop him.

My lore has major gaps so I could be way of track with this but meh its what I think.

P.S. The Mantid in MoP are related to the bugs from Wrath now Lei Shen had to build that great big wall to keep them out as they were a threat to his powerbase but the LK just enslaved the Wrath bugs so LK beats LS on that front also.
    Last edited by Risale; 2012-12-29 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added PS
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Where do you think the Thunder King got his power? Helm, Spear, Axe, Divine Bell.

Yes he defeated his foes but only with an ancient artifact. I would put the Lich King and Thunder King near each other in strength but I would still say the Lich King is the winner here. We were being toyed with the entire fight, we really had no hope of beating him without the help of Tirion breaking his sword and the souls of the thousands of people holding him back so that we could finish him off. He could of killed us at any moment. We stood absolutely 0 chance of defeating him without Tirion. He had an army that only grew whenever he killed someone. If the Lich King didn't have Arthas' last bit of sanity holding back, you can surely bet we would be playing World of Scourgecraft. Doing quests from LK himself, playing as Ghoul DKs, Undead Necromancers, and Lich Acolytes.
    Frostmourne may have been a large source of LK/Arthas' power but Lei-Shen is no different. I doubt Lei-Shen would be nearly as dangerous without his toys.

Also as Yzyz said, we would've been screwed if Tirion wasn't around. Us 10/25 heroes were no match for the LK and the only reason he died is because all of the souls he captured (not only is that a big number but some of these souls are the strongest that Azeroth has seen) were holding him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The Lich King was stronger...
    Don't forget the end of the fight when he instantly kills us "the heroes".
    We've killed every lore character so far which makes us stronger than him, but he had the power to instantly kill us.
    Which makes him stronger than the greatest beings.