Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Make all races neutral! They pick a faction at level 10 at the end of their starting zone like pandaren. Then each side gets 6 "new" races.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I doubt naga will ever be playable. Not only there serpentine morphology would be a problem for sets, but male and female are widely different : males have 2 arms, but females have four or six... Another problem for itemization.

I also doubt we'll see any race from Outland, like the arakkoa, unless they revamp that world.

Ogres are an obvious choice for the Horde. I can see Furbolgs for the Alliance, since they already have ties to the Night Elves and also Draenei.

I would like to see a different form. I know it would seem contradictory, but I would like to see Children of Cenarius (Keepers of the Grove, Dryads) for Alliance and Centaurs for Horde. Yes, it would be a problem for itemization like the Naga. However, the only part that is a problem is the leg armor, which could be "invisible". The boots would be treated the same way they are on Draenei and Tauren on each legs. Also, the adaptation would be for two races instead of only one, since Centaurs and KotG share the same anatomy. It could also be used on NPCs.

Children of Cenarius joining the Alliance is pretty obvious, since they have strong ties to the Night Elves. Centaurs for the Horde is another thing, since they are traditionnal ennemies of the Tauren. Things have changed since Cataclysm with the Sons of Cenarion. Some could join the Horde for whatever reason. PLayers would start as neutral (or even unfriendly) with Thunder Bluff, but get Friendly during the starting area quest line.

Of course, mounts are a problem. but since neither of them would have a mount, it would not cause the same complaints Running Wild did.

Classes :
    Centaurs : Hunter, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior.
    Children of Cenarius : Druid, Hunter, Monk, Priest, Warrior.
    blizzards already said multiple times that they want to add naga as a playable race at some point. there was also an interview for i think behind the scenes for bc where metzen said he wants to add naga goblins and ogres at some point.

blizzard has also said no races with more then 2 feet. so that means no centaurs no dryads no children of cenarius no qiraji no nerubians ect ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzards already said multiple times that they want to add naga as a playable race at some point. there was also an interview for i think behind the scenes for bc where metzen said he wants to add naga goblins and ogres at some point.

blizzard has also said no races with more then 2 feet. so that means no centaurs no dryads no children of cenarius no qiraji no nerubians ect ect
    Too bad. Anyway, it was just for fun since I really think we have enough races to play. If they continue like that, there would be no more neutral races left to use as cannon fodder...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I have said as a joke for quite some time now that they would add a third faction (this does not match with lore, but it would be fun)

Elves:
    Night elves
    Blood elves
    High elevs
    Naga
    Satyrs
    Highborne
    Wretched

And basicly any other race that's tied to any elf

why not wait until they do the model revamps, and then instead of making it so you start at level 1 as new race models, have the option to change...imagine if you played a dwarf toon, if they revamp the dwarfs, they can also revamp the frost dwarves, and now you can choose between frost dwarf version or original (but new) model.

Same for the night elves, allow us to change into or "evolve" into a high elf if we choose to, because essentially night elves and high elves, despite their differences are still all elves right? same for frost dwarves, I'm sure there are different kinds of gnomes too, and the human vs vykrul thing, they are essentially bigger looking humans?

Imagine if when creating a character you chose a base race, like say regular dwarf, and then allow the option to change it to frost dwarf, you are still a dwarf, but now you are a different faction within that race in a sense, or you can just choose original, it would give a pretty deep customization to picking a race, even if they aren't separate races, they are pretty different within that race.

Its like in D&D you have several kinds of gnomes, deep rock gnomes, or underdrak gnomes (essentially dark-skinned, non-sun touched, live way deep underground) and you have stone dwarves, etc, there is really no theoretical limit on kinds of races, that's the beauty of D&D...but in wow it could work that they could develop a few sub-race type choices, such as high elf or night elf, or dwarf or frost dwarf, even orcs could have the choice of the blood crazed orcs, the original ones that went through the dark portal, or a regular orc, etc.

They don't need to add brand new races, but give us more options and customization to the ones we already have...of course with new models, updated lore, and all that...would probably be to much of a project, but be very cool to see lots more variety

they could even give each sub-race their own racials, furthering their differences and uniqueness.

/end very long post

Horde:

Ogres
    Hozen

Alliance:

Furbolg
    Jinyu

Neutral:

Ethereal
    Demon

Saurok for the Horde, I'd come back and play WoW forever. Forever, if I could just play a Horde Saurok.

No Furbolg, no no no no.
    1) We have a race of bear people already, with a vibrant culture as well, not angry, easily corrupted primitives living in the depths of a caves or darkened forests
    2) they have almost all fell under the sway of corrupting influences be it voodoo, old god or demonic. Those who aren't corrupted are neutral (Timbermaw) or hate the Alliance and Horde (ones in Ashenvale).
    3) NO

No Naga too, they can be around as the antagonist race for an expansion dealing with Azshara. Both playable Trolls and Night Elves hate them immensely, which means they would be a poor choice in Horde or Alliance. Saurok would be a much better fill for a reptilian playable race.

Please no ogres, they are dumb and ugly. Give the Horde Mantid, and the alliance Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Wooah, calm down, is there really a need for all the crude talk? I was going to ask why Arakkoa are supposed to be Alliance inclined but I don't get mad about it and swear my head off.

I don't think it will be a race we've never heard of. That has never been the case. There would be an outcry if the new playable race is something we've never heard of.
    Hehe sorry bud I wasn't referring to your post. I was saying how Arakkoa have been mentioned in older topics about this subject.
    Sorry<3

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No Naga too, they can be around as the antagonist race for an expansion dealing with Azshara. Both playable Trolls and Night Elves hate them immensely, which means they would be a poor choice in Horde or Alliance. Saurok would be a much better fill for a reptilian playable race.
    sorry but naga are guaranteed to be added in at some point in time blizzard has since vanilla talked about how they want them ingame its a matter of when not if

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 10:16 PM ----------

I was going to ask why Arakkoa are supposed to be Alliance inclined .
    when the orcs commited genocide against the draenei they didnt just kill draenei they killed other races from draenor too including the arrakoa so all arrakoa hate orcs with a passion and the few who are friendly are allies with the draenei and follow the light so if they became playable they would almost definitely be alliance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would play this game again if they gave alliance Arrokoa. :<
    Horde can have ogres.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Back before we knew all the base races, Ogres seemed obvious.

They'd always be an easy fit for the Horde, because some of them are already part of the Horde.
    just to say, that website from your signature broke the awesome barrier

Ogres for Horde, rebel Naga for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    There is a difference between "it doesn't fit logically" and "I don't like it". You're thinking of the latter.

Storywise, Worgen joining the Alliance make sense. Goblins joining the Horde made sense long before that. It's Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons to join their respective factions that are rather iffy. Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races. It's like Morocco joining NATO because they're Muslims and the French are Christians.

Gameplay wise, in all of those expansions a new race was always a fresh addition. If that depended on me, we'd have like four new races every expansion, just to have a lot of variety.

Now, personally, I think prime candidates would be three races. Ogres for Horde and neutral Ethereals as player favourites, while Alliance would get Arakkoa as a counter-point to Ogres.
    If the Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons for joining were tenuous... then what makes the Arakkoa joining the Alliance any more logical?

Wooah, calm down, is there really a need for all the crude talk? I was going to ask why Arakkoa are supposed to be Alliance inclined but I don't get mad about it and swear my head off.

I don't think it will be a race we've never heard of. That has never been the case. There would be an outcry if the new playable race is something we've never heard of.
    Exactly, like the Draenei when they were first introduced a lot of people freaked out because they were never heard from. Their back story made them a little more tolerable but they were christened "Space goats". I don't know how many times people were told to shut up with the constant whining about them. Blizzard themselves even said they would never pull another stunt like they did with the Draenei again. Though their reputation for "never" doing things isn't something to really go on.

I once saw a blizzcon/behind the scenes video of some blues being asked questions about new races back around the BC era and they had mentioned a ton of new playable races they wanted to add to game. I have spent the last week trying to re-find it but to no avail. Hopefully someone else can. ;x
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Before I make a suggestion I should point something out.
    Expansion Horde Races Alliance Races Horde Classes Alliance Classes All faction Classes
    Vanilla Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome Shaman Paladin Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
    The Burning Crusade Blood Elf Draenei Paladin Shaman -
    Wrath of the Litch King - - - - Death Knight
    Cataclysm Goblin Worgen - - -
    Mists of Pandaria. Pandaren Pandaren - - Monk

Considering the leaked plan which has mostly held true (see image) there is going to be one more expansion prior to the release of "Titan" of which the devs have hinted they are already working on. Up until MOP it has been add two races, then a class ever other expansion. This time they added a cross faction race and a class, so the next expansion if we are lucky will fallow the same format although it is possible the max level will be set to 99 (blizzard tradition is to go to 99 levels) this means they might add one cross faction race and the final class, of which the final class will most likely be a hero class, since most signs point to the Demon Hunter as the next Hero Class. it would also be a mail wearing class.

So to fit with my theory the final expansion will be facing off against the Titans and Sargeras to save Azeroth once and for all against the Old Gods, the titans wrath and Sargeras and his burning legions. the only allies left who could possibly have the power to bluster the horde and alliance would be something able to be all of the possible classes, including demon hunter, while being epic enough to stand as a mighty hero.

My thought is this race will be a shape-shifting race which already supports both factions, this race will get a racial breath weapon a combat form, and a travel form with built in flying. And if I have to say it out loud you have no imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    I have said as a joke for quite some time now that they would add a third faction (this does not match with lore, but it would be fun)

Elves:
    Night elves
    Blood elves
    High elevs
    Naga
    Satyrs
    Highborne
    Wretched

And basicly any other race that's tied to any elf
    So then every species/subspecies of Troll? That faction is looking pretty intense so far lol.

But seriously, if they somehow made it feasable, I'd love to play an ethereal. Especiallly if that had that little trail that follows them around like the NPCs do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Exactly, like the Draenei when they were first introduced a lot of people freaked out because they were never heard from.
    Except the Draenei were a mystery until their reveal. Arrakoa have been thoroughly shown there's essentially not a single millimeter of Outland that hasn't been explored by Alliance and Horde. Unless they just plop a new bit of land out there "Legend of Mana"-style, their starting zone will be Terrokar forest and Shattrath will likely be their home city.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I hope to god it's never Ogres, they're the ugliest looking things in the game.

I can't actually think of any races that I personally want in the game, could be interesting to see what/if they implement at a later date.