Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Blizzard can modify the lore to their will, so that's no excuse. Do not make me talk about the worgen retcon for example.
    What retcon? We already know for a fact that there were absolutely worgen who were part human and not 100% pure beast prior to cataclysm, hell, even during classic. And while Blizzard can absolutely modify the lore, they would be turning their backs on YEARS, not just one occurrence (I.E. the draenei), YEARS of naga being one of the most hated, antagonistic races in Azeroth. The naga have done something to piss off basically every race within the Alliance and Horde. If naga are introduced as a playable race, it would be proof that Blizzard no longer cared about the story of Warcraft.

As has been amply demonstrated, the numbers in WoW do not matter, that excuse is neither valid. Do not make me talk about the population of playable gnomes, draenei, trolls or goblins...
    They have larger populations than the high elves. The draenei, goblins, and trolls have towns and cities to their names, which is proof of this. Gnomes may only have Tinker Town, a similar predicament to the high elves, but they are also a solid part of the Alliance military and obviously have a large enough population to wage war and be spread across the world. There's a reason we only see high elves in "large" numbers in or around Dalaran. The high elves' biggest "settlement" was lost to them when the quel'dorei there became wretched.

In short, for me personally the races that have more right to be playable are:

• The Ogres (Horde historic race)
    • The High Elves (Alliance historic race)
    • The Naga (preferably for the Horde)
    Give me a reason why Naga should join the Horde when they A) slaughtered or enslaved the majority of the force that was sent to Vashj'ir B) Drove the Darkspear away from their original home and came back to kill them off C) Had numerous lesser conflicts with the Horde D) Can arguably be partially to blame for the madness of Kael'thas, as he followed them, and through those events, was ushered into Outland (which was Lady Vashj's idea), where he got a taste of demonic power E) are basically all servants of the Old Gods. Blizzard can't possibly ignore all of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well either way thanks for the information, however i thought with Cata they basically revamped azeroth and might have open the door to that kind of thing, like they were going for new race models. ah well Dragonkin doesnt look bad, but I am personally interested in the Naga lore more just my opinion.
    The revamp of Azeroth didn't include raising the door height, the revamp was done to make flying possible.

Naga do have some interesting lore, but that doesn't make them a viable race, once again it's the leg issue. Also female Naga have 4 arms.

There are a lot of interesting races in WOW with colorful lore, but the last race or races added prior to Titan will be something the majority of players would enjoy. Which would require the least amount of work to add. This pretty much means no to any thing that doesn't have bipedal locomotion. And nothing to tall.

So looking at all the past ideas in this thread.

Ogres - to tall
    Ethereals - possible, since I'm fairly sure the next class added will be a mail melee class (demon hunter) I'm sure they could be demon hunters.
    Arakkoa - they would have to be completely remodeled so they have legs. And who would want to play a sexy bird?
    High Elves - in game on the horde, also Elves and elvish type races are all over the place already. Trolls, Night Elves, Goblins, Blood Elves, enough with knife ears already.
    Dragonkin - Would fit lore, can be made to work.
    Aqir - only if they use the Night Elf looking ones
    Jinyu - possible, if they are lazy
    Hozen - possible, if they are lazy
    Naga - leg issues
    Harpy - So many issues here, gnome sized female only race who never touch the ground.
    Furblog - possible
    Vrykul - to tall
    kobolds - possible
    gnolls -possible
    Treants - to many issues, already possible if you play a druid.
    elementals - no legs, no real body, too many issues, also they are pets for mages and Warlocks.
    mantid - if they make them a bit more humanoid.
    qiraji - to much work
    Murloc - Jinyu
    Unbroken Ones - doubtful
    Demon - already in game see Draenei
    Centaurs 4 legs, too much work
    Children of Cenarius4 legs, too much work
    Tigon - Tiger shaped Troll shaman as a race.
    Sporeloks - not impossible but a boring choice.
    Dark Irons- Play Dwarven Warlock
    Tuskarr - not impossible but a boring choice.
    hobbits - play a gnome

Deleted
    If they're going to add faction specific races again the Horde will definitely get Ogres. Blizzard have wanted to introduce them for a while now but for various reasons they never got in.

That Brackenwall emissary in the wilds looks to me like a big fat juicy hint and seeing as Theramore is no more, Dustwallow could easily make a new starting area, maybe even revamp Alcaz island and give it a purpose again.

Seeing as Rexxar is also looking likely to return to dispense justice on Garrosh, it gives the ogres another incentive to solidfy their union with the Horde given his ties with the stonemaul and ogre kind in general.

With the new models, I think the next group of races will actually be the sub-races. One or two for each existing playable race would give us much more customization with much less effort than making 1/2 completely new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The revamp of Azeroth didn't include raising the door height, the revamp was done to make flying possible.

Naga do have some interesting lore, but that doesn't make them a viable race, once again it's the leg issue. Also female Naga have 4 arms.

There are a lot of interesting races in WOW with colorful lore, but the last race or races added prior to Titan will be something the majority of players would enjoy. Which would require the least amount of work to add. This pretty much means no to any thing that doesn't have bipedal locomotion. And nothing to tall.

So looking at all the past ideas in this thread.

Ogres - to tall
    Ethereals - possible, since I'm fairly sure the next class added will be a mail melee class (demon hunter) I'm sure they could be demon hunters.
    Arakkoa - they would have to be completely remodeled so they have legs. And who would want to play a sexy bird?
    High Elves - in game on the horde, also Elves and elvish type races are all over the place already. Trolls, Night Elves, Goblins, Blood Elves, enough with knife ears already.
    Dragonkin - Would fit lore, can be made to work.
    Aqir - only if they use the Night Elf looking ones
    Jinyu - possible, if they are lazy
    Hozen - possible, if they are lazy
    Naga - leg issues
    Harpy - So many issues here, gnome sized female only race who never touch the ground.
    Furblog - possible
    Vrykul - to tall
    kobolds - possible
    gnolls -possible
    Treants - to many issues, already possible if you play a druid.
    elementals - no legs, no real body, too many issues, also they are pets for mages and Warlocks.
    mantid - if they make them a bit more humanoid.
    qiraji - to much work
    Murloc - Jinyu
    Unbroken Ones - doubtful
    Demon - already in game see Draenei
    Centaurs 4 legs, too much work
    Children of Cenarius4 legs, too much work
    Tigon - Tiger shaped Troll shaman as a race.
    Sporeloks - not impossible but a boring choice.
    Dark Irons- Play Dwarven Warlock
    Tuskarr - not impossible but a boring choice.
    hobbits - play a gnome
    Some of the statements that you said before are wrong

Ogres: They are a lot of Ogres that have the same size as Taurens, so size is not a problem.
    Ethereals: ~
    Arakoa: Yeah they would be remodel... like all other races that became playable..., Look at the worgens... they really changed....
    High Elf: They can be implemented but is true... There are to many elf (I don't know why you put Goblins there... but ok)
    Dragonkin: These are as hard to implement as the Arakoas (Yes they may fit in lore, but Blizzard can made any race fit lorewise)
    Aqir: The NE looking ones? ermmm those are the Qiraji
    Jinyu: True, but they will have to modify the model to create uniques animation (cause the use the animations the NE use)
    Hozen: Yeah... just like you say
    Naga: There aren't really any legs issues anymore, if you use Wowmodelviewer you can see that Blizzard already added how the shoes and pants looks on Nagas, and how they will mount.... I don't know... maybe like a princess :P
    Harpies: They are harpies that have the size of dwarfs and even humans, also they can make them stand, and we really don't know if they are not Male harpies, The book that say that the harpies reproduce raping their victims is non-canon, so Blizzard can add them (Remenber because something does not appear in-game it doesn't mean it does not exist)
    Furbolg: Possible, but now we have pandarens and the Furbolgs may look really alike them.
    Vrykul: There are Vrykul with the size of Taurens and Draneais (male draneais)
    Kobolds: Possible but they will have to be modify a lot and create a lore-wise reason explaining that something happen to make them smarter cause right now they are really dumb
    Gnolls: Same as Kobolds
    Treants: I agree
    Elementals: I agree
    Mantid: They are ok as they are.
    Qiraji: All races are too much work..., that's not a reason, They can modify the flying ones and make them stand and walk...
    Murloc: I remenber Blizzard said that the Murlocs will never become a playable race.
    Unbroken Ones (I think there actual name is Broken -The other group name is Lost ones-): Possible... why not?
    Demon: Dreneais aren't Demons, The Eredars are Draneais that became demons, like Archimonde, and i don't think demons will ever become a playable race.
    Centaurs: I agree....
    Children of Cenarius: I agree
    Tigon: I don't know...
    Sporeloks: I agree
    Dark Irons: I think they should add them as part of the Dwarves ( i mean they should add more costumization options to Dwarves to look like Dark Irons and Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Tuskarr: I agree (they are not really a boring choice)
    Hobbits: I think do you mean Pygmys, possible but same as Kobolds...

For all the people saying Naga can't be playable because it would require complete redesign of pants/feet, just watch the video and you'll see that armor already works on Naga and the only items left to be done for them are head and back and that wouldn't be that difficult. Change all existing models is not needed ,as you can see on the model viewer you can already equip every pants/feet in the game to a Naga and they look decent.With a few touches here and there Naga makes an excellent playable race look and lore wise .

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlI-Ec73sM

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Naga - leg issues
    naga have no leg issues.

mounting - non-issue. I can mount on a bike with my legs tied together.
    jumping - non-issue. some real snakes can jump. copy their movements for animation.
    pants - non-issue. http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...grido/naga.jpg
    boots - non-issue. just do the same as trolls and draenei do.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    With the new models, I think the next group of races will actually be the sub-races. One or two for each existing playable race would give us much more customization with much less effort than making 1/2 completely new races.
    Yeah that's true, they can add:

Dwarves: Wildhammer (Different skin color and tatoos) and Dark Iron Dwarves (Black skin and red eyes)
    Orcs: DragonMaw orcs (Black skin with tatoos) and Maghar orcs (brown skin)
    Tauren: Taunka as sub-race
    Gnome: Leeper Gnome.... i mean, you come out of a place full of radiation and you don't change a little, they can make possible to create Gnomes with a more greenish skin or something like that...
    Trolls: Jungle trolls (There's one clan of those in the horde that is Fighting the Wildhammer clan)

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    naga have no leg issues.

mounting - non-issue. I can mount on a bike with my legs tied together.
    jumping - non-issue. some real snakes can jump. copy their movements for animation.
    pants - non-issue. http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...grido/naga.jpg
    boots - non-issue. just do the same as trolls and draenei do.
    That's the old model, the new model fixed also the issue with the boots, they appear and you can see them

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Holy Light! This topic already tires...

How many pages will have this thread this time? Whatever, the conclusions are clear:

Blizzard can do whatever they want, nothing is impossible: since Nagas riding horses, until creating a capital for the High Elves of the Alliance or even Ogres with a more restrained size, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, so stop of making excuses and looking for drawbacks and limit yourselves to give your opinions.

The mine is:

• The last historical race of the Horde that remains being not playable: Ogres
    • The last historical race of the Alliance that remains being not playable: High Elves
    • Neutral race with its own background and until even its own architecture: Nagas (note that it is certain that when we visit in an upcoming expansion the submerged continent of The Eye, the nagas will be playable, just a matter of time)

Blizzard is the one who made these limitations, friend, not I. I am simply knowledgeable of them. Yeah, Blizzard can do whatever they want, they can add Invader Zim, My Little Pony, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, or Rugrats stuff to the game if they got the rights to it... but that doesn't mean they should or will. In order for Naga to be playable they would have to go against years of them basically writing in "Yeah these guys are just out to fuck with the Alliance and Horde." I think they've simply dug too deep a hole in that regard. Note I've never said whether or not I'd like to play as a naga or a high elf... I think it'd be interesting. I am merely stating that there is a lot against the addition of these two races. As a writer, I wouldn't go back against that much writing, no matter how interesting the outcome of such would be. I would rather my creative work be fairly consistent.

I'm betting we're simply going to be having new "neutral" races from this point on that appear both Horde and Alliance. It's much easier to develop one starting zone/race than two completely different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Blizzard is the one who made these limitations, friend, not I. I am simply knowledgeable of them. Yeah, Blizzard can do whatever they want, they can add Invader Zim, My Little Pony, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, or Rugrats stuff to the game if they got the rights to it... but that doesn't mean they should or will. In order for Naga to be playable they would have to go against years of them basically writing in "Yeah these guys are just out to fuck with the Alliance and Horde." I think they've simply dug too deep a hole in that regard. Note I've never said whether or not I'd like to play as a naga or a high elf... I think it'd be interesting. I am merely stating that there is a lot against the addition of these two races. As a writer, I wouldn't go back against that much writing, no matter how interesting the outcome of such would be. I would rather my creative work be fairly consistent.
    the naga are in the same place blood elves were pre-BC.

nobody trusts them, nobody wants them. they don't like anyone. they are unstable. stay away from them.

the big problem about the naga is queen azshara. she wants to take over the world, and the naga believe she's their goddess.

to make playable naga, all blizz has to do is to make azshara sacrifice a huge army of naga for world domination. those naga will be like "hey, guys. our goddess queen threw us away. what now?". they'd get pissed, they would want revenge, they'd join a faction for that.

it worked for death knights, it works for the naga

For the Holy Light! This topic already tires...

How many pages will have this thread this time? Whatever, the conclusions are clear:

Blizzard can do whatever they want, nothing is impossible: since Nagas riding horses, until creating a capital for the High Elves of the Alliance or even Ogres with a more restrained size, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE(.....)

...[snip]
    ...but ALL of what is possible must be possible to develop within the time frames given and the abilities/resources of the developers. :P

Don't believe it for a SECOND that the Pandaren going neutral was purely an act of lore-based decision making. Chances are it was purely done for convenience of development time with resources going into Pandaria/endgame itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Tuskarr.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Armour, mounts..the customisation of all this speaks agains Nagas. I swear we will only get races with legs and arms and humanlike bodies.

High elves just looking too much like Night elves and Blood elves and thus being YAWN speaks against those

Disclaimer: IMHO.
    ...it may shock you to know that they did radically redesign the Bloodelves when they became a playable race...

...and the Worgen...

...and the Goblins....

Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    If the next expansion is about the Legion, my fingers are crossed for neutral ethereals.
    I am going for Broken as a new race if there will be a new race next expansion. We probably visit Argus that expansion and Argus was the home planet of Eredar race. I think we have them as a new race to support them in their battle against Sargaras' Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the naga are in the same place blood elves were pre-BC.

nobody trusts them, nobody wants them. they don't like anyone. they are unstable. stay away from them.

the big problem about the naga is queen azshara. she wants to take over the world, and the naga believe she's their goddess.

to make playable naga, all blizz has to do is to make azshara sacrifice a huge army of naga for world domination. those naga will be like "hey, guys. our goddess queen threw us away. what now?". they'd get pissed, they would want revenge, they'd join a faction for that.

it worked for death knights, it works for the naga
    The only difference is that the blood elves never did anything to harm anyone, they were oppressed by the human leadership (I.E. Garithos) and that the death knights were once heroes of the Alliance and Horde, tortured, killed, and enslaved by the Scourge, then set free. They had bridges they could cross. If there were any for the naga, they burned them down long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see playable High Elves, Vrykul, Jinyu, Naga, Ethereal, Ogres, and Eredar (e.g. Twins and Archimonde-style).

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The only difference is that the blood elves never did anything to harm anyone, they were oppressed by the human leadership (I.E. Garithos) and that the death knights were once heroes of the Alliance and Horde, tortured, killed, and enslaved by the Scourge, then set free. They had bridges they could cross. If there were any for the naga, they burned them down long ago.
    they were draining magic from living beings and becoming increasingly more open to demon summoning.

also, the blood elves under kael'thas did a lot of bad things to many people. they screwed the draenei up. they dropped gigantic crystals from the sky. they blew people up with mana bombs, they made a mess with manaforges, they... summoned kil'jaeden!

the naga we fough against were serving under vashj and azshara. a group of naga who doesn't like them for some reason could very well be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still ... Naga; Serpents. All the underwater quests in Vashir? You think we would get them redesigned with legs and such?
    I'm not suggesting they could give the Naga's legs.... I'm suggesting they could re-design the Naga model to be compatible with helmet armor and mounts. Mounts are particularly easy as they could just have an animation with them riding them either side-saddle or coiled up.