Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda... I hate when people cut me off, or don't know who has the right away. I do talk to myself when driving. Like "oh stop sign" Or "Oh crap a cop" I guess i'm insane...
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vietnam the culture is to Honk at all times possible since there are no protected lights and its pretty much all hell getting loose. My experience down there for a month truly changed my perception of the use of a car honk. So the answer to the OP would be no, in America i dont, but in Vietnam i do and quite often

Living in New Jersey, you literately need your horn to survive all the worlds most terrible drivers. (aka New Yorkers)

That or, an assault rifle to shoot out there tires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismack View Post
    Living in New Jersey, you literately need your horn to survive all the worlds most terrible drivers. (aka New Yorkers)

Yes i'm from New York are some of us drive insane... You jersey drivers ain't all that great either from my turnpike and GWB experiences :P
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I use my finger more than my horn.

Very rarely. If I'm sitting behind a car at a red light, the light turns green, and the person doesn't start moving shortly thereafter, I'll give em a honk to motivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Yes i'm from New York are some of us drive insane... You jersey drivers ain't all that great either from my turnpike and GWB experiences :P
    Jersey drivers are the bane of the east coast. I'm under the impression that cars in NJ aren't sold with turn signals. Have you ever tried to drive in NJ? They have next to no street signs and a ton of roundabouts that the Jerseyites don't know how to deal with. It is rather sad, tbh. (Extremely frustrating as well)

Deleted
    I've used the horn numerous times, quite a few times recently too.

Yesterday somebody tried to pull out from the left on a roundabout (for the non brits, the left are supposed to give way) but because it was icy we almost skidded into each other, she got a blast from the horn.

A few days earlier 2 teenagers were walking along the path pushing and shoving each other, just having a laugh but they kept getting close to the road so I gave a little honk on the horn to let them know I was coming, not in annoyance at them but more to make them aware.

I often honk the horn at people I know.

On more than 1 occasion on the motorway people in the lane alongside you try and shove their way into your lane, expecting you to move. They get a blast from the horn, often a prolonged one until they get back to their own lane.

As said numerous times, if somebody is at a green light but not paying attention i'll use the horn for them to get a move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it several times, like when someone try to cut infront of me or makes some crazy passings (usually ppl don't pass me since i am going at a high pace when i can).
    Also when someone decides to enter the way from some side road without looking for coming traffic, those i usually honk like hell on and also sewar and yell alot on.
    As for those who drives like 55 - 60 km/h on a 90km/h road thats straight and not hazzard is present...for those bastards i tend to make them going faster by catching up to them fast and stay close to their rear while being prepaired if they slam on the brakes, usually this works and the speed limit is achived. for those it don't work on i have good opportunity to blow of some steam with some crazy cursing and yelling for myself in my car. if those infront of me could lip-read me they would be shocked for life i guess.

I hope that hell have a spot for slow drivers without reasons to drive slow.

And yeah i am mostly alone when driving and i live in the forests of Sweden.

Slightly of topic, A Friend of mine has a sister that was in Norway for a trip and she is a slow slow driver and the cops there pulled her over and she got a ticket for slow driving. first one i know that gotten one hehe.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Deleted
    I use it when people piss me off (mostly people who cut me up or just pull out on me), or are about to crash into me by changing lanes without looking. Bit of the horn and plenty of abuse, works wonders for the soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I use mine all the time, almost exclusive accompanied by the finger as well. Every time some stupid old person is doing 10 miles an hour under the speed limit, they get steady horn blast until they either speed up to the speed limit or pull over and let me pass. You sit at a green light for more than 3 seconds, its a constant blast till you get moving. You pull out in front of me close enough that I have to use my brakes? You get a 10 second blast with finger.

If you tailgate me, then I slam on my brakes so you either get the hint or spin off the road trying to avoid hitting me. IF you pass me afterwards, you then get the finger

You seem to be confused about a great many things.

Speed limits are just that, a limit. Unless otherwise posted there is no reason people need to drive at exactly that speed.

Using your horn excessively, or without cause is illegal, next to speeding its probably the least enforced law in the country, but it is illegal nonetheless.

Slamming on your brakes without cause is illegal. It isn't your job to enforce tailgating laws, that's the cops job, if you cause a wreck, it will be your fault. You will get the ticket, the insurance hit and be responsible for any damage you cause.

The way you are describing yourself driving is aggressive and angry, in some places even THAT is illegal. Flipping the bird? There are plenty of road rage laws on the books that will earn you a ticket for doing that.

Drive like a dick the way your describing in front of a cop? Your just asking to earn yourself a reckless driving ticket which carries major penalties.

You might live in one of those places where everybody drives crazy ( LA, NY, Chicago, Philly and so on ) but then, if you actually did all the shit your claiming you do, its amazing another rager hasn't shot you yet.

Why don't you try just chilling the fuck out for once. Listen to the radio or something. Maybe leave on time so you don't have to drive like a psychopath to get where you are going?

Its kind ironic if you read these posts, you people are mad at each other. You are the people making each other mad.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2013-01-18 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Extremely rarely. I'd much rather use the the valuable seconds of motor function dodging whatever I could be honking at. Plus, what good is it? It would have zero effect.

The only time I use it is when the other driver legitimately needs to be made aware of my presence, which is rare. Usually they are aware, but don't care

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Slamming on your brakes without cause is illegal. It isn't your job to enforce tailgating laws, that's the cops job, if you cause a wreck, it will be your fault. You will get the ticket, the insurance hit and be responsible for any damage you cause.
    I'm actually not too sure about this one. I'm fairly certain that it is always the fault of the driver behind in rear-end collisions. Unless the driver in front specifically tells the police, "I slammed on my brakes to intentionally cause the accident because he was tailgaiting," I'm pretty sure everything falls on the driver behind.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2013-01-18 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

I'm actually not too sure about this one. I'm fairly certain that it is always the fault of the driver behind in rear-end collisions. Unless the driver in front specifically tells the police, "I slammed on my brakes to intentionally cause the accident because he was tailgaiting," I'm pretty sure everything falls on the driver behind.
    People here will just cut out in front of you, I think they are trying to get hit so they can get a check like the commercial they saw during Maury.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    People here will just cut out in front of you, I think they are trying to get hit so they can get a check like the commercial they saw during Maury.
    I just installed a dashcam, so I'm waiting for some foolhardy individual to cut in front of me and slam on his brakes. Or sideswipe me. Or anything.

Deleted
    I ride a motorbike so yes, continually alterting seamingly bling car drivers to my being there, if the horn does not work, a steel capped boot to their door usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    I ride a motorbike so yes, continually alterting seamingly bling car drivers to my being there, if the horn does not work, a steel capped boot to their door usually does the trick.
    About a week ago a motorcyclist tore past me as I was going 5 MPH in rush-hour traffic, and OBLITERATED my side mirror.

Please don't be that guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    You seem to be confused about a great many things.

Speed limits are just that, a limit. Unless otherwise posted there is no reason people need to drive at exactly that speed.

I'm not advocating being a pillock about it, but driving way below the speed limit is actually agaist the law if its causing a dangerous situation (at least in the UK) you can be booked for dangerous driving, and possibly driving without due care and attention. Its just that its easier to put up cameras for exceeding teh speed limit, whereas going far below it is about context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismack View Post

Those are banned now so looks like your screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    About a week ago a motorcyclist tore past me as I was going 5 MPH in rush-hour traffic, and OBLITERATED my side mirror.

Please don't be that guy

I dont hit mirrors.

I have however had 2 vans drive into me when I was stationary, one decide to do a right turn on me at cross roads when my light was green (his was red!) and cause me to have to ditch it, and numerous times of people on car parks, stopping, and then reversing right at me....

I'm 6'1", clad in CE protected leathers, usually wearing a H belt or other reflective/luminous clothing, my bike is big and continually has the head light on.......if drivers cant see me, they really shoudl not be allowed behind the wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never! Im patient