Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    What do you guys think is the best AD carry to accompany Thresh?
    I did well as Graves with Thresh support.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea yet. I've seen Twitch and played with a MF and Graves. All the lanes went incredibly well. If I had to guess, I would say he works best with early game powerhouses, like MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    The Box is a pretty good setup for MF's cacklebullets. His Q is also great for anyone with a skillshot.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-01-25 at 08:49 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried Graves, Twitch and Vayne with him. Took some getting used to Thresh and I'm quite sure we missplayed the Graves game. Seems like a lot of fun to have alongside you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    The Box is a pretty good setup for MF's cacklebullets. His Q is also great for anyone with a skillshot.
    Cacklebullets, awesome
    RETH

Thresh's lantern is tons of fun. A jungler-friend of mine fell in love with him when I used the lantern to get him to camps faster.

Also, he's seriously underestimated sometimes. I was in a game where we lost a team battle, I was the only one left, their Nocturne comes by the turret I'm standing at being all "lol support can't do nuthin". I hook him in, knock him around, he dies and I get shut-down gold. Pure greatness.

Would it work for Skarner to use his ultimate and then click the Lantern to pull someone a huge distance or over a wall? I'm just imagining Skarner flashing over a wall at the same time Thresh places his ultimate over it, using his Ulti on someone and clicking the lantern to drag them back over the wall.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Would it work for Skarner to use his ultimate and then click the Lantern to pull someone a huge distance or over a wall? I'm just imagining Skarner flashing over a wall at the same time Thresh places his ultimate over it, using his Ulti on someone and clicking the lantern to drag them back over the wall.
    I don't think they can go over the wall with him, but I would imagine it working to pull them farther into your team in a lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I have no idea yet. I've seen Twitch and played with a MF and Graves. All the lanes went incredibly well. If I had to guess, I would say he works best with early game powerhouses, like MF.
    I've played against a Thresh in 12 games, 5 top 7 bot. In every game I saw him top vs. me, he got crushed (2 times Riven, rushing Brut and harass,1 time Jax, rushing Sheen, and 2 times Vlad rushing Revolver into Will) . His hook has a bigger hotbox than the graphic implies, and melee are more susceptible to The Box, but wards kept me safe from ganks, and all of my tops are mobile, anyway. I don't think he's viable top.

Thresh vs bot lane was a diff story. When he paired with early game carries (MF Graves etc), they usually won the lane, crushing sustain lanes with ease because of harass and dives. Cait seemed to work well as a poke comp. Saw him with a Kog and Lulu/Ez wrecked them, so he depends on early game damage, from what I see. In teamfights, mobile comps couldn't be tied down easily, and forgave bad positioning. Any Thresh that was behind usually came through in displacement and cc in teamfights. Best to deny in early game and really watch positioning, as he can easily capitolize.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    I don't get the AD top Thresh thing really. I mean, it's not that bad, but I feel like I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less use then any other top champ really.

He's just like if you were to run Nautilus top, except Thresh's Q passive gives him some actual damage on his attacks. His CC is pretty crazy too.

Deleted
    I don't have the guts to try out Thresh on top, but as support... As I usually sit silent in the champ selection and let others pick their roles I end up supporting more often than not and thus I got to play around with Thresh a bit. He's a freaking monster of epic proportions. Can be tricky with smartcast due to his' E nature and his Q is damn hard to hit against an awake opponent, so he needs a lot of getting used to. However, once you get a grasp on him, even a bit, your carry will end up like an obese kid let loose in a McDonald's. Up till now I played Leona most of the time when supporting, this has just changed to Thresh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    He's just like if you were to run Nautilus top, except Thresh's Q passive gives him some actual damage on his attacks. His CC is pretty crazy too.
    I do wonder how to build him really. Right now I've got AD reds and quints and flat armor en mr, using a 9/21 defense page. Biggest problem is his items. Do you go fast damage with BC, or start more tanky with Frozen Mallet or something?

My scores generally aren't bad, it's just that I don't seem to dish out tons of damage, I'm not that tanky and I'm kinda lost in teamfights. Generally trying to get their carry or protect ours with his tons of CC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    If he suddenly throws his lantern into the brush or jungle then it should be pretty clear that you should back off.
    Ye this is so obvious that actually I do this when there is noone in the brush and I'm in danger so that the enemy back off

After 10/15 games with Tresh support I can say that I've never had so much fun since a long time with a new champion, I was expecting a lot from Nami but I did reallly understimated Tresh.
    I guess his passive will be nerfed, I reached 250 armor in a game with a couple of items I could tank xin and the enemy AD easily while myteam shut them down.

Once I played support LULU with a TRESH AD in my lane...our burst and cc was insane on the carry.

Now I just need a cool skin for him and I'm done, hope ppl will not ban him soon.

Deleted
    I think he'll be a lot more fair if they removed the stun on his chain. It's bad enough that you get pulled (in a very buggy fashion I must add), but also adding a stun? :/

I feel he offers too much of everything. If he has a good lane he'll also be way up on souls. I fought him (AD Tresh) and he had Blitz, they could zone me out (but they didn't really win lane) - but eventually he had 72 armor! against my 42~.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Tristana.

I ban him every game.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-28 at 03:50 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you say Tristana? o.O

Deleted
    As far as I know MF and Draven are the best, standing on what ppl say and pick.

As i said Graves gets my Vote to partner Thresh, so much bully and cc for Graves.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

So far everyone has been saying how terrifying Thresh is. This guy is by far the worst support I have played against, every game I play against him, he does nothing. The hook is easily avoidable ~ stand behind minions (it also x10 worse than Blitz's, barely moves you in comparison), his ult box is just Veigar but with nothing to back it up, the lantern is by far the best thing this guy can offer, even then you just have to wait it out. While it was enjoyable to have him on my team playing Ashe, there are much better supports in my opinion such as Taric (IMO).

The most terrifying combo I have seen with Thresh out of all the bot ADC I have played against is MF. The chain + box with MF "cacklebullets" as previously stated is devastating, but very rarely does it happen sucessfully as he is easily avoidable. Every single one of his moves telegraphs other than his ult, and even then you know when he's going to do something, because his range is piss poor. Or am I the only one that backs away when I see an advancing champion?