Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I honestly hope we never find out what really did happen to them. Part of what makes the Dwemer so interesting is the mystery that surrounds them.
    It's a love-hate relationship, we want to know more but at the same time don't due to what you just said. I love the little amount of information we have about them due to the mystery it creates.

Fingers crossed it never changes.

Thinking of a class to make:
    Race: Breton
    Class: Purifier
    His voice alone can purifies Daedric shrines all over Tamriel. In battle he shouts blessings of the eight divines to aid his allies. His armor glimpses in the light made from silver to aid him in battle versus all the evils in the world. He is the will of the divines their words are his voice. His voice burns away diseases and poisons.
    Blessings:
    Blessing of Akatosh: The Purifier shouts this blessing to increase his mana regen and of his allies by % and lowers his enemies mana regen by %.
    Blessing of Arkay: The Purifier shouts this blessing to increase his health and of his allies by % and lowers this health of his enemies by %
    Blessing of Dibella: The Purifier ‘s voice are heard from a further distance.
    Blessing of Julianos: The Purifier shouts this blessing to increase his mana and of his allies by % and lowers the mana of his enemies by %
    Blessing of Kynareth: The Purifier shouts this blessing to increase his energy regen and of his allies by %
    Blessing of Mara: The Purifier shouts this blessing to heal himself and his allies for % and removes all diseases and poisons from himself and his allies
    Blessing of Stendarr: The Purifier shouts this blessing to increase his armor and of his allies by % and lowers the armor of his enemies by %
    Blessing of Zenithar: The Purifiers shouts this blessing to revive any dead allies in # of feet.

I would love to see a buffers like this eso

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaty View Post
    what
    I'm sorry, what?

Wasnt this game ment to go into CB soon? are there any player gameplay vids atleast? theres hardly any gameplay footage anywhere... bad thing or good thing =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in closed beta yet and when it starts it'll be under NDA anyways.. So technically a good thing :P

Deleted
    I'm conflicted whether I should avoid all information about this game and discover everything while playing, or if I should follow it super closely like a crazy maniac (which has been the case for most MMOs I've played), but then I will get burned out after a couple of weeks. But it feels like I will be missing out on important stuff that will give me an advantage once playing. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I'm conflicted whether I should avoid all information about this game and discover everything while playing, or if I should follow it super closely like a crazy maniac (which has been the case for most MMOs I've played), but then I will get burned out after a couple of weeks. But it feels like I will be missing out on important stuff that will give me an advantage once playing. :P
    I personally find it's better to avoid most of the information entirely. Just having a mindset like "Miss out on importing stuff..." can burn you out quicker than you realize. Be a newb. Get lost. Have no idea what you're doing. It's awesome. Then, later on when you try another class (etc) apply the knowledge you've LEARNED about the game, rather than the stuff you've read up on.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I avoid information on new games involving quests/locations and other spoilers, but I go crazy for the gameplay tidbits just so I have a general idea of how to play and not wind up being a hunter wearing spell power gear

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    I avoid information on new games involving quests/locations and other spoilers, but I go crazy for the gameplay tidbits just so I have a general idea of how to play and not wind up being a hunter wearing spell power gear
    In ESO you could be a hunter wearing spell power (or the ESO equivalent of) gear and make it work.

I'm hoping to create a mage that uses a bow, has a pet and summons lesser daedra.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-02-13 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    In ESO you could be a hunter wearing spell power gear and make it work.
    That brings up an interesting point. Will this be a stat oriented game (spell power and such)?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That brings up an interesting point. Will this be a stat oriented game (spell power and such)?
    Not sure. Elder scrolls games always had the damage come from the ability you were using and not gear. I guess they could go the same route that way they could just balance the abilities themselves and not the stats on items. But im sure the 'elitists' out there would complain about no end-game because they dont have a gear treadmill to run on to increase their power. The devs have said that at max level you wont have everything you can get and there is still room to progress, i take this to mean to can laterally progress your character into getting more abilities diversifying your class. And im pretty sure 'elitists' will hate this and say 'blah blah blah no end game'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I personally find it's better to avoid most of the information entirely. Just having a mindset like "Miss out on importing stuff..." can burn you out quicker than you realize. Be a newb. Get lost. Have no idea what you're doing. It's awesome. Then, later on when you try another class (etc) apply the knowledge you've LEARNED about the game, rather than the stuff you've read up on.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. :P I say that now but when the beta content is leaked I'll be like AMG FEED ME YOUR INFORMATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Not sure. Elder scrolls games always had the damage come from the ability you were using and not gear. I guess they could go the same route that way they could just balance the abilities themselves and not the stats on items. But im sure the 'elitists' out there would complain about no end-game because they dont have a gear treadmill to run on to increase their power. The devs have said that at max level you wont have everything you can get and there is still room to progress, i take this to mean to can laterally progress your character into getting more abilities diversifying your class. And im pretty sure 'elitists' will hate this and say 'blah blah blah no end game'.
    If you were melee or an archer/ranger, then your damage did come from the gear. Stats are much less pronounced than in other games, that's true. Still, there are enchanting and daedric weapons or items (like rings or masks). I could see them putting stats on gear in the transition to make this an MMO. Maybe it still won't be as big of a deal and take the GW2 route of lateral progression when you reach the end.

It's still up in the air, but I'd like if they kept it to armor, weapon damage and enchants as the only stats to worry about. Gear can still play a role, but it'd be nice not to have to check a spreadsheet to see if you want to put it on.

i REALLY fucking hope they do NOT have stats like normal mmos. keep it with just enchanting like skyrim. i swear, if they go the stat route, that might just ruin this game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i REALLY fucking hope they do NOT have stats like normal mmos. keep it with just enchanting like skyrim. i swear, if they go the stat route, that might just ruin this game for me.
    Yeah I'll sad face pretty hard. However we'll see what they do, maybe they can do "better" gear from harder places in terms of you can enchant it more or it has better armour value etc? who knows...
    Raaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Yeah I'll sad face pretty hard. However we'll see what they do, maybe they can do "better" gear from harder places in terms of you can enchant it more or it has better armour value etc? who knows...
    I don't really see how they can have only an armour value unless you want a way to make the armour value important for everyone and not just tanks. If all stats on armour are done via enchanting then it would seem enchanting would be way too important, as we don't know how crafting works we don't know if everyone can have every crafting profession or if it is limited some way.

I didn't play a caster in skyrim but didn't the robes have specific benefits for casters effectivly working like a stat? So every one had a stat coming from gear (either their weapon or their robe) and then you had armour value which was important for most builds and enchants added something extra on top.

If they go down the route of gear ranks, ie similar to WoW's unommon -> legendary, and that is the only thing that effects your power due to what enchants you can put on it, expansions are going to get very messy as each expansion needs to add a new rank so that you can have a more powerful enchant.

I think the best solution would be to have maybe one stat on gear that everyone wants (dps, tanks and healers), maybe stamina regen stat? And then everything else is done via enchants. That way getting a new piece of gear will make you more powerful and will have a noticeable effect on how you play.

I know a lot of people like to talk about the gear treadmill as if it is a bad thing, but it is kind of what makes PvE endgame sensible, GW2 sort of implemented a weird version of it to try to improve their end game. You could change it into an ability treadmill I guess, where a boss has a chance to drop a new ability for you but that's basically the same thing and considering the limited number of abilities you will be using in battle, seems odd. If people can't repeatedly do something to improve their player's power when they hit a hurdle they will give up, that's why you grind gear from things you can kill so the hard thing you can't kill becomes more attainable.

If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the Alpha hands-on preview players from October said they had picked up a medium chest piece that had a bonus to sneak on it. Of course that was almost four months ago so anything could have happened to the game between now and then.

From what I've read though, heavy armor should have bonuses to health, medium to stamina and light to magicka. So there may be other bonuses as well on the gear but we don't really know what those are yet. Keep in mind though that you can mix and match your armor to get the bonuses you want. So you could be a character that wears light, medium and heavy armor all at once if you really wanted to.

I actually wouldn't mind if they had typical mmo stats to create a linear gear progression for future content. Some people seem to forget, Elder Scrolls has always had stats, except for Skyrim. Hell, Arena was probably the most stat based Elder Scrolls game and it was the original. Strength increased your damage, agility increased your hit chance, luck increased your damage and speed increased your attack speed. With each game they've lessened the effects of stats, and I don't feel that it's been beneficial for gameplay, character customization and character progression.

In Daggerfall they changed luck so that it no longer gives a bonus to damage. In Morrowind they changed speed so that it no longer increases attack speed. In Oblivion they removed the chance to miss with attacks which nerfed agility. To compensate for that they added staggers and made agility reduce them by an insignificant amount, which produced, imo, the worst gameplay in the entire Elder Scrolls series. In Oblivion they also hard capped the extra damage from attributes at the soft cap of 100, nerfing the crap out of fortify attribute spells/enchants. Then of course in Skyrim they removed attributes entirely.

I see this as a great opportunity to bring attributes back into the series. As much as I loved Skyrim, its character progression sucked monkey nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    If you were melee or an archer/ranger, then your damage did come from the gear. Stats are much less pronounced than in other games, that's true. Still, there are enchanting and daedric weapons or items (like rings or masks). I could see them putting stats on gear in the transition to make this an MMO. Maybe it still won't be as big of a deal and take the GW2 route of lateral progression when you reach the end.

It's still up in the air, but I'd like if they kept it to armor, weapon damage and enchants as the only stats to worry about. Gear can still play a role, but it'd be nice not to have to check a spreadsheet to see if you want to put it on.
    Stats came from weapons but not armor. Armor just gave defensive bonuses. And usually the weapons didnt improve that much as you found new ones you would have to specialize in a certain kind to really progress your damage output, where as in modern MMO's all pieces of gear progress your damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Stats came from weapons but not armor. Armor just gave defensive bonuses. And usually the weapons didnt improve that much as you found new ones you would have to specialize in a certain kind to really progress your damage output, where as in modern MMO's all pieces of gear progress your damage output.
    I suppose you're not talking about Skyrim are you?

Sorry if you're not, but I remenber quite well of bonuses to damage in Armor in Skyrim.