Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

Exclamation Waiting until marriage for sex good or bad?

I think a lot of people will say it's stupid, but I actually wish a would have waited. I have discovered that modesty has it's own reasons for existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to practice to be good once you're married. Or in my case not plan on getting married and just having short, non-trusting relationships.

Depends on how much you value sex. The higher priority, the worse waiting would be.

What would be bad about it? Seems a big improvement over getting pregnant before marriage, then getting married to take care of the kid instead of any particular bond between the two individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad. Why would you want to tie yourself to another person forever without even knowing if you're going to be sexually compatible? It would be like marrying someone you'd never even spoken to before. You should definitely know that sex is at least not unpleasant before marrying the person.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, to be honest. If you're in a committed relationship, what's the difference between having sex now as opposed to having a different status and having sex? Conversely, I don't believe you should be having sex immediately, unless that's all the relationship is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What would be bad about it? Seems a big improvement over getting pregnant before marriage, then getting married to take care of the kid instead of any particular bond between the two individuals.
    Not really talking about having a kid just sex.

I'm very much against waiting until marriage, but that doesn't mean I condone the "OMG-YOLO-unprotected-sex" craze that seems to be sweeping many parts of the Western world...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sexual compatibility is very important for many, if not most couples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    I'm very much against waiting until marriage, but that doesn't mean I condone the "OMG-YOLO-unprotected-sex" craze that seems to be sweeping many parts of the Western world...
    YOLO is slut talk for "I do anal."

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on the reasoning. If you're doing it because a really old book told you to do it, then its bad.

I really can't think of a good reason to wait, but I'm sure there's a few.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, to be honest. If you're in a committed relationship, what's the difference between having sex now as opposed to having a different status and having sex? Conversely, I don't believe you should be having sex immediately, unless that's all the relationship is for.
    I've been with a woman who I thought was pretty fantastic. We were having a great time with each other, etc. Once we'd kissed, it was like, "Well, I guess we're going to be good friends." Sometimes people just aren't sexually compatible. I wouldn't want to be married to someone who would never be more than a friend to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I actually think it's the best course as well.
    It will solve alot of problems, most ppl (mostly those who are addicted to it) will disaprove of this idea I know, But in the end it's the best course of action to be taken. I for one intends to wait until I get married (or at least is in a relationship that will hold), so that stuff like that would happen.

Deleted
    I'd think it would be a problem for the marriage if it turns out you aren't sexually compatible.

At least, it's not an ideal situation at all. You could avoid that situation by not waiting. Personally, I don't have a problem with people who have one night stands, that's their business as long as they're all adults, but in a committed relationship I don't really see the benefit in waiting. It just elevates a part of human nature to a taboo and increases the expectations as well as sets you up for disappointment, because like most things you may need to work on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it shouldn't (or can't) be special, but it's not exactly sacred either. It's part of getting to know each other, bonding and looking for similarities.

I'm also not sure what you mean by modesty.

Deleted
    Personally, I think it's neither good nor bad - it's simply a personal choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    YOLO is slut talk for "I do anal."
    "Ye Other Love Orifice?"

Deleted
    Waiting and then having it turn into a major let down, or worse still you or your partner are not sexually compatible with each other and having it turn into a major relationship problem is not a good thing.
    I see no reason to wait until your married, There is no medical reason why you should wait, only religion states you should wait.

so for me personally it is a bad idea for many many reason not just the ones I have listed above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I think a lot of people will say it's stupid, but I actually wish a would have waited. I have discovered that modesty has it's own reasons for existing.
    Pointless. Marriage isn't a key to start fucking.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it when you are comfortable with it OP, the worst advice you can take is when people tell you "oh yeah, do it bro, do it today and everyday bro!". If you ruin your sexual lifestyle before it even gets started, that is on you forever. The chumps on the internet are the same as any chump that is peer pressuring you into something you very clearly don't want to do, otherwise why even ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Bad, wouldn't want to be in a relationship where the sex sucks. I wouldn't stay in such a relationship.