Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Considering you are condemning WPvP on a PvP server why should I even take you seriously. This is one thing in wow im adamant about, you have no right to complain about PvP on a PvP server.

Also those 10 seconds of lag you linked no proof of, are easily fixed by a server of semi competant players. Simply mass a group and take them head on. If anything brings people together in wow, its conflicting interests of loot and xp, and WPvP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 05:23 PM ----------

Im not ignoring any facts, because they arent facts to begin with. And if its soo impossible to ress in a safe place thats Blizzards fault and not player naivety.
    While the lag may be blizzard's fault, they did solve the problem by making them leave. You can try to spin it all you want but the fact remains Blizzard considered it griefing and did something about it.

In reference to the events the perspired yesterday on KJ-US, as a member of the Horde, the new Isle of Thunder zone was completely unplayable because of the Alliance group that had formed on the boat. They made it impossible to access the content that I am paying for, and made the entire zone lag. I took ~3 minutes from me accepting the rez to it actually going through. Ruinous is a guild known for causing server lag to area popular to the Horde. They like to camp spawn points in Orgrimmar, the Honor/Conquest vendors and many other places that the Horde populates. It's quite disgraceful that these players actually do these kind of things, stripping people of their valuable time.

Sure, I'm all for a skirmish in open world PvP and other things like that, but when they bring 40+ people to zones where only about 20 people present actually care about making a resistance force, it makes it a little unfair and quite annoying.

Yeah. Welcome to the party, OP. Blizzard takes action against anyone who amasses a bunch of player reports - it's how things work now. The TOS doesn't mean jack shit anymore - just the bottom line.

In capitalist America, game plays you.

Blizzard seems to have forgotten IQD where people would be getting ganked as soon as they ported into the city even at the expense of dying to guards. Or people sitting on the roofs of the buildings where the guards couldn't get them and nuking opposing faction players.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    You are clearly disrupting people who are trying to experience new content and progress in the game etc etc.

I see no problem at all with the GMs punishing you for this kind of behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say it with me now.

They were causing not just zone-wide disturbance, but server-wide disturbance with unworkable lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos View Post
    In reference to the events the perspired yesterday on KJ-US, as a member of the Horde, the new Isle of Thunder zone was completely unplayable because of the Alliance group that had formed on the boat. They made it impossible to access the content that I am paying for, and made the entire zone lag. I took ~3 minutes from me accepting the rez to it actually going through. Ruinous is a guild known for causing server lag to area popular to the Horde. They like to camp spawn points in Orgrimmar, the Honor/Conquest vendors and many other places that the Horde populates. It's quite disgraceful that these players actually do these kind of things, stripping people of their valuable time.

Sure, I'm all for a skirmish in open world PvP and other things like that, but when they bring 40+ people to zones where only about 20 people present actually care about making a resistance force, it makes it a little unfair and quite annoying.
    On Emerald Dream (US), the alliance used to put together 4-6 full raid groups and seige Ogrimmar for hours, while killing Garrosh a half a dozen times. That's not annoying - that's the glory days of WoW.

Deleted
    Seems fair enough.

Player versus player requires the second player to be able to do something, no matter how feeble. Being dead before you load ain't pvp> it's spawn camping the defenceless.

Quite why anyone would find spamming an AOE spell on an inert opponent a worthwhile use of their time I can only imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Say it with me now.

They were causing not just zone-wide disturbance, but server-wide disturbance.
    Exactly this! They deserve any punishment they get and i hope they recieve lots of it.

I feel like most of the people supporting this case of WPvP have never actually played on a legit PvP server. In this case, legit refers to a high population high skill PvP centered server like most of BG9.

The same exact thing happened on Isle of QD back in BC. Numerous arena teams (usually 2200+ 3s and 5s) waltzing around all day stomping (borderline griefing) pretty much everyone. It was brutal and absolutely sucked. Anyone thinks you can form a raid to combat T2 players is misguided and has never seen 2200+ 5s running around in Ironforge on Tichondrius stomping anyone and everyone while literally fighting 10+ people (uncoordinated of course).

Isle of QD is the main reason why Blizzard decided to implement only PvP rewards PvP zone (Wintergrasp) in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    On Emerald Dream (US), the alliance used to put together 4-6 full raid groups and seige Ogrimmar for hours, while killing Garrosh a half a dozen times. That's not annoying - that's the glory days of WoW.
    They don't go for Garrosh, they do it merely to clog up the server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    A small area with tons of players is always going to lag. If the lag was as bad as you say they have the same disadvantage as you
    There is a huge disadvantage to the horde in that situation, use your common sense....

If you zone into an area with immense lag your character appears while you are still on the loading screen meaning you are unable to act, (just thought i'd make that clear to you) while the other faction (despite the terrible lag) is already in the zone with dozens more of them all channelling aoe spells (which pretty much negates any lag you may have).

As a result, you are dead before you finish the loading screen, please tell me with your infinite wisdom, how you fight back after you are already dead?

Wow, really surprising to see all the carebears flood the thread. Just go re-roll, guys, seriously. Or is the overwhelming QQ an attempt to convince Blizzard to open FCM from PvP to PvE servers? Because I wouldn't mind that - at all.

The truth is that nobody did anything wrong. The truth is that Blizzard's real ToS is "Don't be a pain in our ass - if a bunch of people report you, we really dgaf how or why or what happened - you're gonna have a bad time."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blizzard seems to have forgotten IQD where people would be getting ganked as soon as they ported into the city even at the expense of dying to guards. Or people sitting on the roofs of the buildings where the guards couldn't get them and nuking opposing faction players.
    That was usually only a few players, you could LoS the roof guys(they did put guards up there eventually, you can see them now) and the people could kill flight path landers, but as guards would kill them it was only an annoyance, it didnt stop you from doing quests. At least not without having the ability to fight back.

In this case there is only one entrance to the zone and this mass of 60 players is sitting there unopposed by the handful of weak ineffective guards spamming aoe's instantly killing people before finish loading. With 10 min load screen and massive lag no one can do anything to put up a fight. (spellqueueing would work in favor of the aoe spamming gankers)

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Remember how quicky they removed Swifty's ban ?

An entirely different thing all together.

The Blizz GM might have handled this poorly but from the looks of the text they are just hammering the original spawn/landing zone with aoe and keeping ppl form entering the zone. That is something the almost always action against at some point. It is a lame way of handling it for sure but since we are missing 4 minutes of text we are clearly only getting one side of things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    They were slaughtering players as soon as they zoned on to the boat, I see no problem with the actions the GM took

How many people actually experienced what happened? We have two different reports of the event.

People say PvP happens on a PvP and there should be a PvP solution, such as organizing a counter party to remove them. Judging from what I read, this probably was not possible due to the zoning. So if a PvP solutions was not available, what should Blizzard do? Should they be allowed to continue? Some say yes, some say no. What should the players do?

If this happened to you, where a groupd of players prevents you from accessing content for hours and hours, would you be happy? Judging form my experience on the forums when the servers are not available, I would say no.

So it seems Blizzard took action to an activity where a PvP solution was not available. If that was the case, then intervention by Blizzard was justified.

Im not ignoring any facts, because they arent facts to begin with. And if its soo impossible to ress in a safe place thats Blizzards fault and not player naivety.
    Sure Blizz shares some blame for this, but to say ppl don't find a way to take advantage of circumstance then exploit it is rather naive also
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    The lag and the positioning of GY's ect is Blizz's fault yes, but they solved the problem by once again blaming the playerbase and threatening them. How the hell is that acceptable. You better just hope they fix the issues in that area, if its ever crowded with questers and such then were all fucked. As for the griefing claim, its really hypocritical of them to call it griefing, but whatever, thats the joys of changing your ToS on whatever whim you please.

Wow 1 person, shit, thats conclusive. I mean my friend lags in Minecraft but im perfect, Minecraft must be broken right?

I didnt personally attack you, Im calling into question your idea that its wrong to PvP on a PvP server. Infact most of your post apart from the first bit is pointless drivel about personal attacks so can we just cut that part off on your next response.
    You're slinging insults like you're trying to keep a bear away with honey. Let it go. There have been a few people who have posted since then who experienced it. I'm just going to sit back and relax in my little grey lawn chair, I'm sorry my thoughts upset you to the point where you thought the correct action was to become aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's griefing, textbook griefing.

You guys deserve a week off for that crap