Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    I personally love the bomb change, I really saw the difference on Horridon and Council

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...1&e=2597#Chaos
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4&e=4024#Chaos

But, I do hate it at the same time, being forced to multi dot on fights like some glorified spriest is demeaning.
    Although, multi dotting as a mage feels wrong, I love how well NT scales with haste.... multidot spam with haste procs and BL is nice (I think it gets to 24 ticks per cast). Tiny arcane bugs everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Sykko View Post
    I went through the list and you've basically convinced me that you're a follower of what other ppl are spamming the threads with, instead of thinking for yourself. playing for 8 years won't help that.

None of the issues you mention are a problem, except for one. Have you gone through your spell book?

This is exactly why there are basically no top mages that participate on these forums. the Need to go through so much noise if you want to find some useful information is overwhelming.

EDIT: for sake of clarification, me suggesting you take the time to think for yourself does not imply that I think you are not capable of it. It implies the opposite.
    I'm a complete noob, and I have noticed that Didactic does, indeed, know what's going on in here. There are a number of top Mages who add their advice in here; to say otherwise is not being honest.

Also, if you've truly looked, over 80% of the Mages in the top 25 Guilds in the world have stopped playing their Mages and have pulled out Warlock toons, in order to remain in their raid groups. Method and Wraith are prime examples of this...

We, as a group, must stop attacking each other and present a united front to the Developers at Blizzard, in proposing real, decent and well-thought-out changes in order to make the Mage community viable for ALL players.

Fights like Tortos are still a heavy pita.

I'm doing quite well as Frost on Jin'Rokh and Horridon after the bomb buff. Not topping anything but keeping up with most classes except Shadow Priests.

But Tortos is a different story even with the bomb buff. We have 3 good Mages (2 Fire, 1 Frost) in our 25-man and all of us are at the bottom of the meters in that fight. If we're lucky, the overall raid dps is sufficient and we can stay. If we get outnumbered by adds, we get replaced by hunters.

I'm not even sure what it is. Maybe it's our horrible aoe spells? Anyway, they still need to fix Mages for those fights.
    Last edited by noxx2k; 2013-03-14 at 07:32 PM.

Does anyone know what was hotfixed today? I cannot find any notes

Quote Originally Posted by noxx2k View Post
    But Tortos is a different story even with the bomb buff. We have 3 good Mages (2 Fire, 1 Frost) in our 25-man and all of us are at the bottom of the meters in that fight. If we're lucky, the overall raid dps is sufficient and we can stay. If we get outnumbered by adds, we get replaced by hunters.

I'm not even sure what it is. Maybe it's our horrible aoe spells? Anyway, they still need to fix Mages for those fights.
    Same here, Tortos is complete shit for mages. We are penalized by switching targets and we do poorly against quickly dying adds. (plus the knock-ups interupt our spell casts and do nothing to locks/hunters)

10+ Year Old Account
    We have to remember tortos is only 1 of 12 fights. Because of that its not that big of a problem. Normal isn't really a dps race anyway.

As frost I just use IW and blazing speed and kick turtles and dps turtles and bats. Healing is a much bigger part of the fight then dps.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

As long as we get replaced when the raid dps on the adds is not enough and I really can't do much about it, it is a problem for me.

But I have only done ToT up to Megaera so I don't really know if this is the only fight where Mages don't stand a chance. If it is, I probably will have to get used to it. Blizzard seems to be too cautious not to overbuff Mages again.

Quote Originally Posted by noxx2k View Post
    As long as we get replaced when the raid dps on the adds is not enough and I really can't do much about it, it is a problem for me.

But I have only done ToT up to Megaera so I don't really know if this is the only fight where Mages don't stand a chance. If it is, I probably will have to get used to it. Blizzard seems to be too cautious not to overbuff Mages again.
    Fire shines on Durumu if you focus the boss the entire time. We can DPS him pretty well during the maze phase.

I do decently on Tortos, but maybe you guys have higher DPS as a raid. I usually find myself with plenty of BF and FoF procs to throw at turtles while I run around like a chicken with its head cut off. If I run out, frozen orb roughly tracking the pathing of the whirl turtles. I shoot freeze at the bat packs while I'm running typically. Of course, you won't have 3x stacks of FB to go with your charges, but you can still do a fair amount of damage on the move this way.

edit: frost bomb is a bit easier to manage than NT on Tortos as well.
    Last edited by Europe; 2013-03-14 at 08:08 PM.

Tortos is probably the worst fight for mages in the instance. I may experiment with playing arcane / invocation on it if frost ends up blowing. You can impact combustion onto whirl turtles as they come in, so I suspect fire should be okay, but that particular fight is definitely a "bring your warlock or hunter alt" fight for those of us in top guilds.

This is not a -bad- thing per se as there are inevitably fights in every tier where particular classes are amazing or awful. Top world guilds maintain a roster of alts and usually have depth in key classes so they can stack them for specific fights.

If your rank #1200 guild that's progressing Ji-Kun normal or whatever is sitting you because you're a mage, you should probably consider another guild rather than another class.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not fond of Tortos, I've found a strat that works well with our group. I slow the turtles with cone of cold, freeze, fbomb and orb the bats. Overall I dont do that bad. Icy flows helps quite a bit in this fight. I also use IW and Ice Barrier (before each quake).
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    While I'm not fond of Tortos, I've found a strat that works well with our group. I slow the turtles with cone of cold, freeze, fbomb and orb the bats. Overall I dont do that bad. Icy flows helps quite a bit in this fight. I also use IW and Ice Barrier (before each quake).
    Similar strat here for me, I know I tank the DPS meter but I am very useful that fight.

I CoC turtles once they come out, then when it's off CD I spin around and Blazing Speed over to the bats, drop frozen orb & another CoC on the bats.

I Nether Tempest each turtle + Tortos (it works better because Frost Bomb won't explode and hit everything with them whirling about, yet another example why NT is better in practice).

I prefer Flameglow because of repeated damage, and it just seems to be more healer-friendly. Why negate damage when smart heals are going to hit you anyway?

Deleted
    I like the buffs to be honest.

Still lacking a lot of gear :/ - Armory is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ycobi/advanced

Jin'kroh - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iq...=10975&e=11153
    Horridon (padded hard) - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iq...=12334&e=12881

I don't know, im not even top 3 geared caster in my raid but so far on heroic bosses, i dont feel like i should be buffed significantly. Fire's single target seems really good (really really really good in some BL or crit streak scenarios). Also doing 300-550k dps for the first minute with all the cooldowns makes you feel good

Deleted
    With some training in frost (haven't played anything other than arcane in ages) im #1 again in my raid (SV hunter, destro lock, spriest, 2nd mage and sometimes a feral druid; warlock and hunter are better players than me imo). with exeption of the 2nd mage, they all have higher item lvl than me.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etheris/simple , got 2 drops and 2 items from shado pan assault.
    i still have most of my gear from when i played arcane, so i still have low haste compared to mastery.

it feels like i do a lot less damage than back with arcane, but it's actually not that much difference.
    with the mage bomb buff it kinda shortens the gap between 5.1 arcane and 5.2 frost.

so there IS still some light at the end of the tunnel. i often act improvised, waste proccs (trinket + FoF/BF) or mess up AT (sadly -.-) and my invocation uptime is horrible.
    can't post any logs because i'm not familiar with it (and too lazy), but if I can top our 10 man raid, then there should be plenty of other mages that can do even better.

we're at 2/12, so i haven't seen much of ToT. maybe all that changes at the next encouters, but atm i'm happy that i still can compete somewhere/somehow which wasn't a given for me at last week's patchday.

to all who don't like fire, frost is not thaaaat bad. i'd chose it over fire in many situations. as far as i can see frost mage isn't that bad in simcraft either, and we're nowhere near the bottom in most of the ToT fights regarding raidbots.

all of this is for ToT 10 nhc. some of you might be doing progress raiding in hc and i also saw ppl complaining about losing their raidspots. personally, i can't understand that in any way. if my guild would sat me on the bench for my dps, i'd lol at them while breaking the record for the fastest /gquit in the world.

especially when a class gets literally nerfed in to the ground (compared to 5.1) it's time for the guild to support the player, not the other way round; no matter if your'e gimping on council nhc like me or doing world first rei-den attempts. at this point there surely are different opinions, but this is a subjective post after all.

on the other hand ppl need to understand that 5.1 arcane was a bad joke to every other DD spec in wow. even if massive damage on stationary fights was the only thing we could do, it was too high. tanks can only tank but they can still die etc, but thats not an argument.
    a fair load of QQ is acceptable and understandable to all who played 5.1 arcane and now sit in the ruins of their dps back then, but it's enough at some point.

it's not like anything posted here will ever reach the right ppl at blizzard, and even if, it won't make tham change the game. my expierience is, that unless they're GMs and you have some sort of problem, blizzard gives a fuck about players' opinions.

2 facts that are the same for every class regardles its spec in wow:
    buffs are good.
    nerfs are bad.
    no one would ever say "no pls dont buff our main nukes, but remove blink because its by far the most useful spell in this game". i'm ofc exaggerating here, but maybe so gets my point :>

to sum it up: don't make mountains out of molehills, talk some reason into your guildmates/guild leaders. whenever i have a problem with this game, i rethink the reason i play it. that solves 99% of my problems. so don't let it get to you. when i started whining in our gchat, a guildmate told me "you're an intelligent player, you'll find a way to do damage with your mage". when i read that i just thought i'd reroll to some melee dd, but now i'm pretty sure that that was a very good advice, at least for me.

just my 2-3 cents...

Deleted
    After all the complaints and the QQ in this thread, I would like to prove that going as Fire (although with better gear than the most of you) will top meters again, if played right And not to much of RNG.

Logs from yesterdays run : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6ask9...um/damageDone/
    My Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Liveet/simple

Look at the First try of Magaera. We pulled directly after we ressed on the second try, so I didn´t have any CDs

Can´t wait for that lovely Heroic gear, and 522 ilvl +!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not seeing the issues on Tortos as you guys are describing. We have a lot of free dps time on Tortos. Multidotting everything and cleaving whenever possible (Arcane 5-Barrage cleave on bats after the small turtles are down). You can see my logs on the last page of the arcane thread.

So far the only tragically bad fight for me is Durumu and I'm considering running it with Invocation or Ward next week to see if I can counter the loss of dps in the maze.

However, having a 522 weapon is a significant boost. I also broke my T14 4-set in favor of a bunch more Intellect and Mastery (13355 with mage armor now).
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    After all the complaints and the QQ in this thread, I would like to prove that going as Fire (although with better gear than the most of you) will top meters again, if played right And not to much of RNG.

Logs from yesterdays run : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6ask9...um/damageDone/
    My Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Liveet/simple

Look at the First try of Magaera. We pulled directly after we ressed on the second try, so I didn´t have any CDs

Can´t wait for that lovely Heroic gear, and 522 ilvl +!
    Then again your groups damage seems kinda low overall..

Am liking the 16% hit you're sporting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have to echo the opinions of some earlier posters in that after the boost to our mage bombs I feel very competetive on all bosses. It feels like I am where I should be now.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post

Just put on the neck. Didn´t have time to reforge

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post

Link a group that is high then btw. I would love to see if my dps wouldn´t be competitive there.