Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They should just remove all Mounts and FP. make people walk everywhere, in the word of blizzard "questing will flow better". That will please all the PVP realms too. Also walking was a "major part of game exploration back in the day too".

Yea Blizzard should just remove all mounts till max level, then next expansion remove them again till max level.

I agree with removing all movement increase mounts. and I'm sure all PVPer will too, plus the slower you move the more you can enjoy the exporation.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-03-28 at 04:59 PM.

LOL - you have to run...on a mount. Try running on foot til you're 40. Then another 10 levels because you couldn't afford a mount yet.

How anyone could possibly say levelling is difficult is beyond me

I wonder how many here really leveled a heirloom char since cata.

You will make 1-4 levels per dungeon. Especially under 50 it will happen all the time that mobs will be grey after you finish a dungeon.
    Sometimes it wasn't even worth flying to the next questing area, depending on your waiting time. But for sure it is in no way worth riding there.
    It just causes what they wanted to prevent in mop: Leveling people are ideling in the cities and are waiting for the dungeon invite.

Flight path being automatic killed feeling of exploration for me. Glad it's gone

It's hardly a tedious endeavor. The way breadcrumb quests work now, you get practically carried to the next questing hub where you can just pick the next flight path.

There's never an instance where you need to pick up the next quest in a zone you haven't visited before. Every where you need to go, you'll be given a breadcrumb to it if not a free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Flight path being automatic killed feeling of exploration for me. Glad it's gone
    Mounts are doing that for me, they need to remove all mount next....

Deleted
    Leveled my druid toon in 2 day 10 hours /played in a realtime like a week not rested or something like that. Just prepare with some food/flaks movementspeed enchant and looms and move to next questarea asap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    LOL - you have to run...on a mount. Try running on foot til you're 40. Then another 10 levels because you couldn't afford a mount yet.

Ah yes, the good ole days. Grinding out Scarlet Monastery with 4 friends and someone's lvl 60+ main, just to hit lvl 40 and hope to have the 300g needed to get 60% mount training and ONE mount. I was FLOORED the day mounts and achievements became "shared" and I could finally use my main's rare mounts on my alts. Folks just don't get how leveling-friendly this game has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The only people this will affect are the dungeon levelers. People who do not quest and discover the FPs can just come back after lvl 60 when they get flight and discover the paths if they really want them
    Not necessarily. The post cataclysm world is a lot more difficult to get around in. Want to go to Tanaris? Better start swimming through thousand needles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Not necessarily. The post cataclysm world is a lot more difficult to get around in. Want to go to Tanaris? Better start swimming through thousand needles.
    Unless the person just quests through Thousand Needles and gets the FPs or has a Guildie fly them out there. Or, Port to Dal and take the portal to Caverns of Time, then mount and run. There are hundreds of ways to get around in Warcraft. Folks just have to use their brains and leave their attitudes at the door

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post

been there, done that.
    I don't want to do it again...

Also, its not difficult, just annoying.

Unless the person just quests through Thousand Needles and gets the FPs or has a Guildie fly them out there. Or, Port to Dal and take the portal to Caverns of Time, then mount and run. There are hundreds of ways to get around in Warcraft. Folks just have to use their brains and leave their attitudes at the door
    I didn't say it was impossible. I said it was more difficult with the post cataclysm world. You shouldn't have to quest through one area to not take 20 minutes crossing it, and it's just one example. There are many others. My point is that variety won't be as easily obtainable. Some zones will go back to being completely desolate again, but I'm fine with that.

Deleted
    Perhaps they could make it so that learned FPs are account-wide.
    I believe everyone should at least once travel around the world to explore it.
    I would also like to see them doing the same with dungeons, so that you can only queue if you already visited once.
    Wasn't it that way before? Except this time account-wide.

It really wouldn't be such a big deal now with mounts at level 20 IMO.

Exploration > City camping

There are hundreds of ways to get around in Warcraft. Folks just have to use their brains and leave their attitudes at the door
    Here's the problem with your argument. If you're a brand new player. Then you can't expect them to know the hundred ways to get around and while I'm sure you'll disagree, I don't believe any new player should be required to "Go research" how to play the game. They should play the game.

If you're not a new player, then what's the point ? Surely after 3, 5, 7, 10 alts you can't possible thinking getting flight points is some kind of fun experience. It's just busy work for the sake of it. When I leveled my Monk, it was really nice and handy to be able to hop on a flight and go anywhere I wanted to quest somewhere different to break the boredom. Of course, I can still do that, but what value did removing the flight points add ? If you're one of those people that hate it, you always have the option of not using it

Removing flights points doesn't make, leveling any harder. It just adds unnecassary steps for no real gain. I'm not crying about it, I leveled in the time before auto flight points, I level in a time without. I just don't agree with the change, because it doesn't really make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Here's the problem with your argument. If you're a brand new player. Then you can't expect them to know the hundred ways to get around and while I'm sure you'll disagree, I don't believe any new player should be required to "Go research" how to play the game. They should play the game.

If you're not a new player, then what's the point ? Surely after 3, 5, 7, 10 alts you can't possible thinking getting flight points is some kind of fun experience. It's just busy work for the sake of it. When I leveled my Monk, it was really nice and handy to be able to hop on a flight and go anywhere I wanted to quest somewhere different to break the boredom. Of course, I can still do that, but what value did removing the flight points add ? If you're one of those people that hate it, you always have the option of not using it

Removing flights points doesn't make, leveling any harder. It just adds unnecassary steps for no real gain. I'm not crying about it, I leveled in the time before auto flight points, I level in a time without. I just don't agree with the change, because it doesn't really make sense.
    I was a new player in TBC. We did not get automatic flight paths. We leveled in a zone, took a quest, got a free flight to the next zone. Every zone in the game has a "free ride" for that zone attached to it. You can still ride the charger to Eastvale logging, and run to Red Ridge. As an old player, we never had free FPs, and adding them was a mistake. New players will not really know what they are missing since the handouts just happened and were just reversed.

Also, once you are above lvl 60, FPs don't really matter until you hit Pandaria, and then they are pretty easy to spot. People can still follow the breadcrumb quests to get the lead on the next FP or for the free ride to their next stop. Like the Goblin in Burning Stepps that takes you to Swamp of Sorrows when you complete the questline. Let's face it, most players are not new, have BoA gear, and prefer the BGs or Dungeons based on their hatred of CRZ. Others are questers who love the exploration. This change is miniscule in the grand scheme of things and will hopefully make Blizz think twice before adding an easymode feature like that again in the future.

I was a new player in TBC. We did not get automatic flight paths. We leveled in a zone, took a quest, got a free flight to the next zone....This change is miniscule in the grand scheme of things and will hopefully make Blizz think twice before adding an easymode feature like that again in the future.
    I leveled 4 toons in BC as well, and you're right, in the big picture this is minor. But then you add, " Hopefully Blizz will think twice before adding easy mode". Again, Why ? Why do you need ME to learn my flight points for YOU to enjoy the game ? I'm in Duskwood and I want to go quest in Ashenvale, what is so wrong about me being able to fly over to the nearest docks and then fly to Ashenvale ? What am I getting out of riding my ass down to bootybay, hopping a boat over to Ratchet and then riding over to Ashenvale ? It's a needless exercise. A new player isn't going to know they can go over there, so you're just adding steps to those who do and for what purpose ? Just so I can't have easy mode ? Just so I can be reminded of how things use to be ?

As a older person we use to write letters on Pencil and paper, now you guys have easy mode and send e-mails, hell most of them don't even do that, they send text messages. They should take away E-mail, cellphones, Color TVs so that you guys can experience the good ol days of the 1950s. In fact, we should get rid of wow and go back to the good ol table top games, that's how we do it in Kingsport!

Things being easier isn't a bad thing. All our lives are made easier pretty much everyday, I don't see people complaining about it and demanding we return to the golden days of the 1950s
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-28 at 06:21 PM.

I leveled 4 toons in BC as well, and you're right, in the big picture this is minor. But then you add, " Hopefully Blizz will think twice before adding easy mode". Again, Why ? Why do you need ME to learn my flight points for YOU to enjoy the game ? I'm in Duskwood and I want to go quest in Ashenvale, what is so wrong about me being able to fly over to the nearest docks and then fly to Ashenvale ? What am I getting out of riding my ass down to bootybay, hopping a boat over to Ratchet and then riding over to Ashenvale ? It's a needless exercise. A new player isn't going to know they can go over there, so you're just adding steps to those who do and for what purpose ? Just so I can't have easy mode ? Just so I can be reminded of how things use to be ?

As a older person we use to write letters on Pencil and paper, now you guys have easy mode and send e-mails, hell most of them don't even do that, they send text messages. They should take away E-mail, cellphones, Color TVs so that you guys can experience the good ol days of the 1950s. In fact, we should get rid of wow and go back to the good ol table top games, that's how we do it in Kingsport!

Things being easier isn't a bad thing. All our lives are made easier pretty much everyday, I don't see people complaining about it and demanding we return to the golden days of the 1950s

I think you nailed everything I was thinking. Couldn't have said it any better. We need a like button on these forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Duskwood and I want to go quest in Ashenvale, what is so wrong about me being able to fly over to the nearest docks and then fly to Ashenvale ? What am I getting out of riding my ass down to bootybay, hopping a boat over to Ratchet and then riding over to Ashenvale ? It's a needless exercise. A new player isn't going to know they can go over there, so you're just adding steps to those who do and for what purpose ? Just so I can't have easy mode ? Just so I can be reminded of how things use to be ?
    That's just it, if you are questing in Duskwood and want to go to Ashenvale, the fastest route is to take the FP you have in Darkshire and fly to Stormwind and hop a boat to Darnassus. There are lots of ways to get around in Azeroth without the FPs. Also, it's not about MY need for YOU to do anything. Blizzard figured out they screwed up and gave out the FPs for free for what... a year or so? I merely agreed with them fixing their mistake.

And no, we don't need to return to "Classic" to improve the game, but we should have left the auto-learn out of the equation. Everything in this RPG is on cruise control, and immersion is hard to come by or justify anymore. Like Class trainers. What's the point? Why not have 1 NPC that teaches you your trade profs and lets you re-spec? Why even keep them around? We ditched the materials to make fire with, the need to level weapon skills, the use of ammo, the need to train our class, and have almost abandoned the need to even THINK for ourselves anymore in the game. People run with dozens of addons, use BoA, SoR, Guild Perks, WoWHead, YouTube, and a host of other tools at their fingertips and then complain when the game is too easy. It's still an MMO... but the RPG is rapidly abandoning the game.

I understand the need to evolve in the game, but quite frankly, they've removed the more immersive content and left us leveling in 2 days instead of 2 months. Even my first character was almost 7 months from start to 70. Took another 3 months just to afford flight lessons and a single gryphon. My way is neither right, nor wrong. But, I have my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours. I just wish Blizz would put some of the RPG back in the MMO. This, in my own personal opinion, is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    It seems for a very long time Blizzard was trying to facilitate levelling. The most recent move of removing automatic flight paths seems to be a huge stepback. Having to run extremely long distances (most commonly in the 1-58 zones) is pretty tedious
    We did it just fine when the flight paths weren't all just sitting there charted out for you beforehand.

Discovering the flight paths for yourself is a privilege. Respect it, my boy.

difficult? no. Boring and more time consuming? yes
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.