Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 90 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was doing Alysrazor solo weekly since MoP, usually 1 shoot. Until this week, when i stupidly died 3x on trash then 2x on boss because I forget to use proper CDs etc in tornado phase. I was so pissed about my stupidty because I was already there for like 1 hour and I was about to just log off and do it another time this reset, but I just pull boss once more. And Flametalon dropped.

Deleted
    I was farming "Helm of the Executioner" to go with my Transmog set of Dark Iron... On my 8th attempt at trying for it, my heart skipped a beat. Rivendare's Deathcharger dropped. One of my friends had been in there a total of 600 times until he got it... He was pissed off to say the least!

Well the story behind my Raven Lord: It was the day when me and my guild killed nefarian back in the start of cata, the last boss we needed for the guild achievement that awarded the Dark phoenix. After buying the Dark Phoenix I used it for a bit and then I logged of happy with my new bird. And then just after I went to bed I remembered that I forgot my daily Anzu run, so I turned on my computer, killed the boss and got the Raven lord.
    Lets just say that I was glad that I turned my comp back on just to do that

I also had dumb luck with mounts dropping in guild runs, got the Blue Proto 2 times in guild runs. And I got the very first Black drake from 3D, wasnt that lucky on the twilight drake sadly as I DCd when the boss was at 5% and didnt get back untill 30 mins later.

Swift white hawkstrider took me 54 runs on my main, then it dropped on the 2 first runs I had with my rogue just after mounts became account wide.
    150+ runs in stratholme still no Horse.
    Got the green proto on my 5th egg
    Saw the Time lost protodrake while I was on FLIGHTPATH! im never going to take a FP in Storm peaks again!
    Last edited by Retlul; 2013-03-31 at 10:25 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    been doing onyxia weekly on my lock. yesterday i decided, what the hell, ill do it on my shaman too. boom, mount drops

Deleted
    Rivendare's took me 10 runs.
    Raven Lord took me 22 runs.
    White Hawkstrider 2 drops in 5 runs as well as 1x pet.
    Blue Proto-Drake took me 7 runs.
    Green Proto-Drake on egg number #2.

Farming malygos + kael + onyxia since some 5-6 resets back hoping my ridiculous luck still exists.

trading to glad at 4am and some jerk is sniping, I mean wtf. another day of getting trade team mmr back up.

Ravenlord took about 10 runs I believe.
    White Hawkstrider dropped in 4 runs.
    Blue Protodrake took around 2 weeks.
    Green Proto around 5 eggs.

Was farming for Vitreous Stonedrake today and while I was on the cooldown for to many instances Aeonaxx spawned! Hurray! Phosphorescent Stonedrake is mine!
    And later today I decided to do Vault of Archavon, Toravon ofcourse dropped me the Grand Black War Mammoth!

Edit: Oh and yeah, forgot about the Raptor from Zul Gurub! I got that one on first solo run! (the heroic dungeon version)
    Last edited by Cobbiie; 2013-03-31 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not start trying to farm mounts on my main (Tholl) until the end of Wrath.

First Kara farm run for the Fiery Horse and it dropped. I won with a 99.

First heroic run with guild in Cata was VP, and who wins the epic drake from the second boss? This guy.

Time Lost I got while on my horde toon. THAT was a fun fight. There was still a bunch of people farming for it so I was lucky I got my tag in. Had to kill a couple players for it as well. Was stressful.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Back towards the end of Firelands, I decided "Hmm hunting the Time-Lost Proto drake would be a great idea right now", considering there was really nothing else to do at the time. The hunt went on for days and days until finally 2 weeks had gone by with nothing but Vyragosa sightings. Eventually, my cousin decided to come over to keep me company over the night. I had very little sleep, and decided to quit if I didn't get it tonight. At around 4 A:M we decided to get hammerd drunk out of pure borden. I come back at 6 A:M, stumbling into the computer chair, to see my NPC Scan had gone off, boom, TLPD. I never sobered up so fast, I flew around storm peaks for 10 minutes and almost cut my losses, when I found him.
    The following morning, was the best hangover of my life

Got my green proto-drake in my second egg.
    My zg raptor my first run and did 5 more runs for tiger.
    Farmed strat 10 times for baron mount.
    Did 20 runs for ravenlord.
    15 for headless horseman.

A friend got the raptor mount the same day after MANY runs and told me "haha you think you'll get it on your first run?". Shut him up alright

10+ Year Old Account
    When Cata came out and I hit level 85 on my Hunter I decided to go looking for Aeonaxx. I camped for it on and off for about 2 months. One day before work I went sitting for about 2 hrs and had no luck, later that day after work I log on to my hunter to do some more camping, 5 mins into it _NPCScan goes off, I look left and right and nothing I didn't see it then i look down and there it is, spawned directly under me. I got to him and killed him in about 2 mins . Was so happy when I got the Phosphorescent Stone Drake.
    Last edited by bane2792; 2013-04-01 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Typo.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rolled my DK as soon as WotLK released.

Ran Stratholme undead for the awesome Runesword for RP purposes for the first time.

Rivendare's Deathcharger drops instead.

got the headless horseman mount on my druid way back when and thought, "FML, not on my druid. i'll never use it!"

fastforward a few years later when i've completely forgotten i had it and mounts go account wide. im on my dk and i go through my mounts and there it is! i let out a *sqeeeee!!!! and think its a bug but vow to not report it. only days later i remember that it dropped on my druid way back when...

ashes of a'lar on my first run of TK EVER on any toon. Started to run it weekly to help the two guys that were in the group from guild that didnt get it. about 9 weeks later it was monday before reset, decided to run it cuz i hadnt that week, texted my guildies, they didnt wanna come. I decided to run a pug group and it dropped, lucky warlock pug won it, i decided to pass and not sell the drop. Now as far as bad luck, I think my mage has about 250 sethekk runs, still no alakir

Just rocked up to Kara for some transmog gear and bam Reins drop.

Deleted
    Don't hate on me, but this is what happened to me just before

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Don't hate on me, but this is what happened to me just before
    is invincible only from 25HC? and did you solo? and also IHATEYOUALITTLEBIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is April 1st, and no, it's not an April 1st joke (or maybe the game is pulling it on me? )

Happy! \o/
    Last edited by Tomana; 2013-04-01 at 07:56 PM.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Farming rep for violet eye in kharazan while cleaning everything and killed attumen every time got about 8 kills on my warrior and he didn't drop it and i got exalted. next time i ran in on my rogue it dropped immedialty first run so i was really happy

I got server-second Grand Black War Mammoth during early Wrath, and (I think) server-third Flametalon of Alysrazor during Firelands.

The GBWM was probably the more important one, many jaws dropped when we saw it. I tied on the first roll, and then won when we re-rolled. Pretty significant because the first GBWM was ninja'd. This was also before really EVERYONE had a Traveller's Tundra, and likewise no one could afford a mechano-hog, so vehicle mounts were pretty rare (at least on my server).