Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Public Transport seems to be a bad place to be a young woman these days. I think modern society is pushing out the fight instinct in people, so they sit meekly and let this shit happen, instead of intervening.

Seen a few other similar stories.
    Like this one: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/wo...-van.html?_r=0
    Yeah modern society sucks, the past was much better. When instead of sitting meekly, the men around it would give an approving nod/cheer the rapist on/join the rape, and the women would look at the victim as if she was to blame, because "she was asking for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    With them? Do you go somewhere alone with every person on a bus with you? They were just on the same bus as her. 10:30 does not turn most people into a rapist.
    they were ALL downstairs. she decided to follow them upstairs to be alone. her friend is the one who walked in on whatever was happening and asked for help. rape wasn't even a topic at the time, just a 14 year old girl getting fucked by an 18 and 20 year old

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    how old are you? do you have children? if they don't know better than to sneak away with grown men they're attracted to at 14 they're fucking morons. she's 14, not 3, at 14 you know better but you're stupid enough to do it anyway. that's why 14 year olds shouldn't have free reign of a shitty city. she didn't try to fuck them right there in front of everyone did she? 14 year old girls don't sneak away with guys to hang out, that's just ridiculous. it sounds like you're 80 lol
    so out of touch with reality
    Out of touch? These guys where on a bus with her. She did not go out with them. You think she was attracted to them now?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:42 AM ----------

they were ALL downstairs. she decided to follow them upstairs to be alone. her friend is the one who walked in on whatever was happening and asked for help. rape wasn't even a topic at the time, just a 14 year old girl getting fucked by an 18 and 20 year old
    Uhm... That's still rape dude... You are insinuating she welcomed it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Again, when you're 14 that sense is not developed because you don't have the life experiences to have it fleshed out.

Hence why you would have a minor point if she was an adult. She's a child. She's not expected to have a perfect grasp of "common sense" when it applies to sexual situations.
    I think you're wasting your (e-)breath arguing with someone who's trying to pin the blame on someone who's not even of age to give consent. If people can't even understand something as basic as that you might as well give up :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Yeah modern society sucks, the past was much better. When instead of sitting meekly, the men around it would give an approving nod/cheer the rapist on/join the rape, and the women would look at the victim as if she was to blame, because "she was asking for it".
    Yeah, now it's only immature men on internet forums who who do this. /sigh
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Again, when you're 14 that sense is not developed because you don't have the life experiences to have it fleshed out.

Hence why you would have a minor point if she was an adult. She's a child. She's not expected to have a perfect grasp of "common sense" when it applies to sexual situations.
    Well, on one hand you have people claiming 14 is plenty old to be out that late alone. Then you have people like you saying she is only a child, which is it? 14yr olds now adays are far more sexually advanced then our generation was when we were 14 (especially in the Netherlands, damn horndogs) i expect them to have common sense at least, that doesnt seem like much to ask.

10+ Year Old Account

women DO lie about rape you know and a 14 year old girl lies about every fucking thing there is
    So your assertion is... she didn't visibly put up a struggle, and so it couldn't possibly be rape? You're adopting an immensely reprehensible viewpoint with this. You're also trying to pretend that a 14 year old has the same mental maturity of an adult. You're also making an assumption that she is a liar solely on the basis that she is the victim. This is pretty classical victim blaming you're employing here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So your assertion is... she didn't visibly put up a struggle, and so it couldn't possibly be rape? You're adopting an immensely reprehensible viewpoint with this. You're also trying to pretend that a 14 year old has the same mental maturity of an adult. You're also making an assumption that she is a liar solely on the basis that she is the victim. This is pretty classical victim blaming you're employing here.
    He is saying it was not rape, until her friend stopped it. How it's not victim blaming at least there, I have no clue. Harsh...

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Well, on one hand you have people claiming 14 is plenty old to be out that late alone. Then you have people like you saying she is only a child, which is it? 14yr olds now adays are far more sexually advanced then our generation was when we were 14 (especially in the Netherlands, damn horndogs) i expect them to have common sense at least, that doesnt seem like much to ask.
    She is old enough to be on a bus with her friend at 10:30, but not old enough to have her being raped be blamed on her wanton desires.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-04-03 at 05:50 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    No; you'd probably have gotten knifed and ended up in hospital with stab wounds. There's a reason people don't like to get involved with this sort of stuff.
    Against sole enemy i fear nothing for i do like they do - attack from behind. They deserve it, right?
    Sure when people do it like in movies "I'm going to kill you John now. I waited for so long. blahblahblah" - they're owned. Never tell bad guy he's doing it wrong while he's consious(or dead in some cases).

Anyway. Do. Then think it over.

He is saying it was not rape, until her friend stopped it. How it's not victim blaming at least there, I have no clue. Harsh...

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:48 AM ----------

She is old enough to be on a bus with her friend at 10:30, but not old enough to have her being raped be blamed for her wonton desires.
    So, old enough to be responsible for her actions, but not old enough to be responsible for her actions... got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, old enough to be responsible for her actions, but not old enough to be responsible for her actions... got it.
    Are you saying that all responsibilities are the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, old enough to take the bus, but not old enough to have sex. Does your ability to take a bus from point a to point b, develop at the same time as your ability to handle sex? You seriously think, it takes the same cognitive ability, to take a bus and have sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Are you saying that all responsibilities are the same?
    No, but if someone doesnt know they shouldnt talk to strangers much less be alone with them, then they arent responsible enough to be out that late... i learned that before i was in the 1st grade. Again, common sense, not a lot to ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but if someone doesnt know they shouldnt talk to strangers much less be alone with them, then they arent responsible enough to be out that late... i learned that before i was in the 1st grade. Again, common sense, not a lot to ask for.
    Yeah but nobody would expect to get raped.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes, old enough to take the bus, but not old enough to have sex. Does your ability to take a bus from point a to point b, develop at the same time as your ability to handle sex? You seriously think, it takes the same cognitive ability, to take a bus and have sex?
    I agree that they are two very different things to make a decision about. However, 14 is plenty old enough for sex at 14. I know what it was at 14. You'd have to be blind to think teens don't understand what sex is nor that they are capable of handling it. The real question is weather or not they have the correct judgement to have safe sex, which could be asked for many adults too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but nobody would expect to get raped.
    Theres a reason they say don't talk to strangers. They say if you do, something bad will happen. Do people Really need a list to understand that Rape is a part of the bad things that could happen?

No, it takes the same cognitive ability to be trusted to be out in public that late, and to be trusted not to talk to strangers or be alone with them.

Deleted
    Yeah, now it's only immature men on internet forums who who do this. /sigh
    Yeah... it's an advance, though. At least now men only will do that covered by anonimity. None of the posters would actually say it out loud, and most of them probably don't even believe it, just arguing for shock value.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she was alone, how was her friend able to interrupt it? Who was driving the bus? She was not alone on a bus with them. Did you learn the responsibility involved in sex prior to first grade as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it were common sense like you claim, than why do children have to be told that? The concept of statutory rape exists for a reason. Men and women below a certain point should be universally protected because they lack the neurological development and social knowledge that allows them to make fully educated and self-interested decisions. You are arbitrarily shifting the rough cutoff for that point several years away from where it is intended to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it takes the same cognitive ability to be trusted to be out in public that late, and to be trusted not to talk to strangers or be alone with them.
    Alone with them on a bus. Alone with her friend who interrupted it and the bus driver. The rapists were willing to take a risk of people just feet away.