Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think that is pretty funny considering I just read this
    Even more hilarious that Steam doesn't need to 'hide' itself in games you buy in physical stores to spring on you unaware. That was how I first discovered Origin when I bought BF3. Man was I not happy.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I had origin strictly for mass effect 3 because I was forced to use it lucky it didnt last too long on my computer
    but there are many other reasons why I could see they deserve the votes
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

I think the worst part about EA is that they don't even understand why people hate them.
    Hi Sephurik

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea...y-madden-fans/

Here is the response of the people who make the contest and why they think what he said was full of crap (and I honestly believe them, he wasn't making bad excuses)

Deleted
    You know that the hate for EA is bad when people complain about them more than about homophobic conservatives.

Claiming Origin a success after 45 million users are forced to download it if they want to play EA's games.

If Blizzard made a program that all WoW users were required to have installed to play Wow and all the program did was tell you to fuck off every 10 seconds, would it be a success too?

45 million registered, sure thing also I drive a Bentley to work and Maseratti on the way home. EA is THE worst company, there's just no competition.

Deleted
    Look, EA isn't the best company, they're mediocre but they are right on some statements:

"This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history, the mortgage crisis, and bank bailouts that cost millions of taxpayer dollars. The complaints against us last year were our support of SOPA (not true), and that they didn’t like the ending to Mass Effect 3."
    This shows how bad the priorities of people are, they think of a company that just makes games as worst then companies who actually impact their life. I actually belive them on this as I know how people think, they raise their pitchforks for meaningless shit and ignore things they don't want to see.

"We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
    In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America."
    I also believe them on this, because of first point again, since many people are closeminded.

That said, I can understand why they're arrogant over aspects like this. When someone tells you you're the worst company because you left the choice of LGBT characters or didn't put some sports athletes people wanted, this is simply a ridiculous claim. That said, I also believe they are watering down the actual good complaints on them with saying what they said, which is also a bad marketing strategy, they should say that those that complained about Madden athlethes and whatever have some ridiculous claims, yet they understand complaints argued good like ... (and write a list and the wish to improve on that) since then you're also showing you care about the people that actually found something that didn't work. By being negative only, they only manage to annoy everyone.

But... they really can't say "hey, you know, microtransactions are bad and we realized it", too much money in that so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot so they're ignoring the subject.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-06 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    45 million registered, sure thing also I drive a Bentley to work and Maseratti on the way home. EA is THE worst company, there's just no competition.
    Spoken like somebody who knows very little of the outside world.

I find it funny that his apology is mostly saying that every misstep they've made is not only not a misstep at all, but not their fault really. It's uninformed consumers not knowing what they want as well as EA does. Also the quote: "The tallest trees catch the most wind. At EA we remain proud and unbowed." One might note that a tree isn't in any way that I know of need or want to catch the wind, and those that don't bend with it either break or get blown over. Good luck with that proud and unbowed thing EA.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Look, EA isn't the best company, they're mediocre but they are right on some statements.
    If you read the explanation that Markluzz posted, you'll find that's not true: http://consumerist.com/2013/04/05/ea...y-madden-fans/

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    and those that don't bend with it either break or get blown over. Good luck with that proud and unbowed thing EA.
    Very wise, indeed.
    BAD WOLF

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Look, EA isn't the best company, they're mediocre but they are right on some statements:

"This is the same poll that last year judged us as worse than companies responsible for the biggest oil spill in history, the mortgage crisis, and bank bailouts that cost millions of taxpayer dollars. The complaints against us last year were our support of SOPA (not true), and that they didn’t like the ending to Mass Effect 3."
    This shows how bad the priorities of people are, they think of a company that just makes games as worst then companies who actually impact their life. I actually belive them on this as I know how people think, they raise their pitchforks for meaningless shit and ignore things they don't want to see.

"We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
    In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America."
    I also believe them on this, because of first point again, since many people are closeminded.

That said, I can understand why they're arrogant over aspects like this. When someone tells you you're the worst company because you left the choice of LGBT characters or didn't put some sports athletes people wanted, this is simply a ridiculous claim. That said, I also believe they are watering down the actual good complaints on them with saying what they said, which is also a bad marketing strategy, they should say that those that complained about Madden athlethes and whatever have some ridiculous claims, yet they understand complaints argued good like ... (and write a list and the wish to improve on that) since then you're also showing you care about the people that actually found something that didn't work. By being negative only, they only manage to annoy everyone.

But... they really can't say "hey, you know, microtransactions are bad and we realized it", too much money in that so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot so they're ignoring the subject.
    Except that gamer's have a much louder voice and opinion then the people who care about oil spills and a financial crisis. They get the most votes because the largest amount of people actually give two squirts of piss about what EA does as a company. If EA did the things people wanted them to and expected them to, they wouldn't be getting voted for as the worst company. The people who care about other companies and what they do are pacifists who aren't vocal enough about the issues.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-06 at 03:06 PM.

Doesn't surprise me at all really. Every single game I have for the PC from EA has been a nightmare when it comes to performance and programming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voting BP as the worst company of the year will have very little, if any, affect on their overall profit and general shittyness, but gaming companies need good rep far more than any other type of company that is actually a much worse company than EA. I would vote for them because 1. they are deserving of most of the hate that goes their way, and 2. it would actually have an impact on them as a company. I wouldn't vote for Bank of America for worst company of the year because it would be a waste of potential.

All I see is EA desperately trying to cover their asses. They are literally the only company in the Worst Company vote that actually cares about it. Any of the other companies would just ignore it, which shows just how butthurt they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definately would vote for EA as the worst, why the fuck does EA uses Euro on latin america? we're a bit TOO far from europe and euros aren't used here like at all, we use dollars.

They are just buying time till their always on DRM becomes self aware and takes over the world.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Its quite funny, while Bank of America steals people's home, oil company's start wars and produce disasters for the enviroment, EA gets voted for worst company in america for ruining some computer games, dont get me wrong the company is utter shit and deserves all the hate from gamers,and it would be a better gaming world if it would go bankrupt tommorow, but its hardly the worst company in America considering the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    Its quite funny, while Bank of America steals people's home, oil company's start wars and produce disasters for the enviroment, EA gets voted for worst company in america for ruining some computer games, dont get me wrong the company is utter shit and deserves all the hate from gamers,and it would be a better gaming world if it would go bankrupt tommorow, but its hardly the worst company in America considering the bigger picture.
    No, but they're the only company in the running that cares about it, which is why people are voting for them.

Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.

Well, maybe because YOU PEOPLE AT EA REFUSES TO RELEASE YOUR GAMES ON STEAM!!!!

Geeh, fucking morons is what they are.