Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alot of people, especially in the United States, have a problem finding the distinction between social commentary and racism. Social nature dictates that we discuss and look at aspects of society -- except for <insert race a> and <insert race b> which is unjust in my opinion. Unfortunately, liberal sensitivity and political correctness have driven social commentary off into a desert and blown its head off in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It can be used for anyone, but the word really just refers to blacks. The very definition and where the word comes from. I remember playing games and the whites would call the other white people niggers, why? I have no idea, and it just looks like they're just racist and think very ill of black people that calling another a nigger is an insult, similar to calling people gay who clearly aren't.
    It also means 'inferior and ignorant'. Which in my eyes, can be used to describe any race who is a worthless piece of trash. Now i don't go out there throwing the word around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Don't really consider it to be a big deal, no.
    What race do people identify you as?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    alot of people are more wary of other races, black people get so much hate and gets treated bad because people are afraid of them i think cause you hear so much about them stealing, raping, fighting and killing but if you think about it the color of theyr skin has nothing to do with it. Its cause they grow up in a rough childhood and are forced to do so to survive and theyr kids grow up in a bad enviorment again it could just as well been any other race

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    It also means 'inferior and ignorant'. Which in my eyes, can be used to describe any race who is a worthless piece of trash. Now i don't go out there throwing the word around.
    That's not where the word comes from though, the word was used to refer to black people, that's all. The ignorant and inferior parts of that word came because of the racism towards black people....

anyone knows why blacks get so upset if you call them neger or nigger negro etc. when they use the word all the time? ( if you call them that and you are white i mean )

That's not where the word comes from though, the word was used to refer to black people, that's all. The ignorant and inferior parts of that word came because of the racism towards black people....

So what exactly are you trying to discuss? i'm aware where the word came from, but also meaning inferior and or ignorant is why i basically classify any POS with the word. Are you telling me i can't? Not sure what you are getting at.

And like i stated i don't call people the word, i can't even recall when i last used the word, ok i lied, i love the occasional racist joke.

So what exactly are you trying to discuss? i'm aware where the word came from, but also meaning inferior and or ignorant is why i basically classify any POS with the word. Are you telling me i can't? Not sure what you are getting at.
    Seeing it as a word that can be used towards anyone and saying any trashy person can fall into being a "nigger" doesn't change where the word comes from nor does it change what it means, just to you. If I say anyone who dresses like x is a chink, could you not see why asians would have an issue with me calling people chinks?

x word means y thing because z racist deemed blacks to be those negative things.... wh

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    anyone knows why blacks get so upset if you call them neger or nigger negro etc. when they use the word all the time? ( if you call them that and you are white i mean )
    Jeez I am getting sick of seeing this student question...

Nigger is an insult blacks don't say nigger they say nigga, so do white people so do asians so do hispanics and NO ONE CARES when they say nigga, if you go around calling people "nigger" there is an issue and you're clearly just being racist. Does no one really get the difference between a sub culture using nigga (including other races I see whites refering to whites and asians to hispanics and hispanics to blacks and blacks to whites as nigga) and the word nigger? Jesus christ....

The other reason this is a stupid question if we ignore the whole nigger nigga thing is this.

"Why do black people get upset when white people who used to own them call them nigger? I mean sure they had no civil rights till the late 60s and sure there was much racial tension straight through the 80s, including heavy use of the word nigger and more racist whites, but why don't they get mad when other black people call them nigger? You know the black people who likely didn't do all the bad things my people have done in the past..."

This would work for any race by the way. If x race owns y race and abuses them for hundreds of years and then y race begins using the term to make it more of a positive word versus a racist word and then x race which came up with the word and pretty much destroyed your psat culture calls you it you woudln't find that odd?
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-21 at 03:34 PM.

Seeing it as a word that can be used towards anyone and saying any trashy person can fall into being a "nigger" doesn't change where the word comes from nor does it change what it means, just to you. If I say anyone who dresses like x is a chink, could you not see why asians would have an issue with me calling people chinks?

x word means y thing because z racist deemed blacks to be those negative things.... wh
    So THINKING that all races can fall under the word, if offending who? Who do i have to worry about offending? The people reading my thoughts? Like i said, and apparently you missed numerous times, i DO NOT call people the word. It's how i THINK all trashy people are.

I'm going to have to side with "everyone is a little racist." I have absolutely nothing against any other race. Sometimes the way they present themselves gives me a "I feel this guy might be a little dangerous" vibe, but that's mostly instinct kicking in. I don't really find black girls as attractive as white girls, although I can't say I don't find black girls attractive at all because that wouldn't be true.

I try to stay as open minded as possible, but I can't really change the way my brain works even if I try to willpower it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm going to have to side with "everyone is a little racist." I have absolutely nothing against any other race. Sometimes the way they present themselves gives me a "I feel this guy might be a little dangerous" vibe, but that's mostly instinct kicking in. I don't really find black girls as attractive as white girls, although I can't say I don't find black girls attractive at all because that wouldn't be true.

I try to stay as open minded as possible, but I can't really change the way my brain works even if I try to willpower it.
    This, i do not find black girls attractive at all. I coould go into reasons why, but then i would risk sounding racist so i won't. But then again, i don't find asian women all that attractive either.

So THINKING that all races can fall under the word, if offending who? Who do i have to worry about offending? The people reading my thoughts? Like i said, and apparently you missed numerous times, i DO NOT call people the word. It's how i THINK all trashy people are.
    Some people call everyone nigger because they find black people to be well.. scum so call other people nigger to insult them. Just like how people will call people fag or gay, when they're clearly not. Can you not see how someone may think you're doing just that if you called any race a nigger?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post

I don't get the race and presentation view of things. Race has nothing to do with presentation and I am wary of anyone with ill presentation, race doesn't play a part.

Some people call everyone nigger because they find black people to be well.. scum so call other people nigger to insult them. Just like how people will call people fag or gay, when they're clearly not. Can you not see how someone may think you're doing just that if you called any race a nigger?
    Yes i can see it, but i what's the point of it if i don't call people it? That's what i am getting at. If i never actually call people the word. Why would i have to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    Because they are hypocrite and otherwise in lack of a pair.

so they blame white people as a race for enslaving them even tho the ones who actually are long gone it was even a white guy who put an end to slavery. thats kinda racist towards white people i didnt have anything to do with it and neither did the black people today if there wasent any different races involved people would have forgotten all about it, blaming a race for something that happend hundred of years ago is about as stupid as the whole jews killed jesus thing. And whats the difference between nigger and nigga it means the same and its just a word same way people use the word gay towards something stupid or its obvious they dont mean that the thing that happend has sex with another anoying or stupid thing that happend same way noone says nigger, negro, nigga as is the one theyr talking to is theyr slave

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:28 AM ----------

Jeez I am getting sick of seeing this student question...

Nigger is an insult blacks don't say nigger they say nigga, so do white people so do asians so do hispanics and NO ONE CARES when they say nigga, if you go around calling people "nigger" there is an issue and you're clearly just being racist. Does no one really get the difference between a sub culture using nigga (including other races I see whites refering to whites and asians to hispanics and hispanics to blacks and blacks to whites as nigga) and the word nigger? Jesus christ....

The other reason this is a stupid question if we ignore the whole nigger nigga thing is this.

"Why do black people get upset when white people who used to own them call them nigger? I mean sure they had no civil rights till the late 60s and sure there was much racial tension straight through the 80s, including heavy use of the word nigger and more racist whites, but why don't they get mad when other black people call them nigger? You know the black people who likely didn't do all the bad things my people have done in the past..."

This would work for any race by the way. If x race owns y race and abuses them for hundreds of years and then y race begins using the term to make it more of a positive word versus a racist word and then x race which came up with the word and pretty much destroyed your psat culture calls you it you woudln't find that odd?
    so they blame white people as a race for enslaving them even tho the ones who actually are long gone it was even a white guy who put an end to slavery. thats kinda racist towards white people i didnt have anything to do with it and neither did the black people today if there wasent any different races involved people would have forgotten all about it, blaming a race for something that happend hundred of years ago is about as stupid as the whole jews killed jesus thing. And whats the difference between nigger and nigga it means the same and its just a word same way people use the word gay towards something stupid or its obvious they dont mean that the thing that happend has sex with another anoying or stupid thing that happend same way noone says nigger, negro, nigga as is the one theyr talking to is theyr slave

I live in the suburbs and we have 1 black family and they are very nice people.. so you're lame if you're racist, cause I see black people on tv all the time and they seem like good people.

So you're saying black people hate on present day white people because their forefathers enslaved their ancestors, and you find that ok and not racist at all?

If my people would've been enslaved and had a certain word thrown at them so that they would be reminded of being slaves, the last thing i would do would be to use that word ever again, let alone give it a more "positive" meaning. Pwah. And you say they don't bring it on themselves.

I'm Black and I can say I agree with what some of you are saying. I could care less about what slurry nicknames any race refers to mine as (Nigger, Negro, etc.) The fact is, I wasn't a slave and neither were my parents or their parents. More than half of the Black population weren't slaves but for some reason "some" of us feel the need to be slanderous toward people that had nothing to do with our "Races" past. I love people of all color because that's what we all are, people. I believe we are all past that era (slavery and segregation) well most of us are.

Also, "some" Blacks go around saying Nigger this and Nigga that to EACH OTHER but then get highly upset and violent when someone not of the Black/African American race says that same thing. Not only Blacks but I have some White friends that call each other Nigga. The fight against slavery and segregation has come so far that the word is being used between not only Black people but between whites and Hispanics as well and is hardly being taken as a racial slur. So basically my point is, in a way because we are "Mostly" past the slur, we tend to use it as a term for "buddy, friend, partner, etc. And anyone that gets pissed off or violent only want a reason to be pissed off or violent. It's simply an excuse. It's no surprise that us Blacks/African American get angry about a lot of things....A LOT of things.

Me personally, I don't use the word simply because of the ignorance of other people. They say it without knowing the history behind it and then get mad because all they know is that it was used to refer to Blacks during slavery/segregation. What makes it worse is they don't realize that they're being racist by hating people that has nothing to do with the fact. I can't stand racist people, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I also have a problem with people who are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem - only I have a problem with the person. I don't care what race they are.

Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I also have a problem with people who are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem - only I have a problem with the person. I don't care what race they are.
    The truth indeed.