Deleted
    i did see some funny behaviour of Seeds last night on Meg HC :
    Adds spawn, I usually SB Seed > SB SS > DS.

Now last night, my seeds were exploding before SBSS landed ... !!!

Not really an "issue", but worth mentioning, anyone seeing similar behaviour ?

Deleted
    I've just tested it, and yes, SoC detonates after the first tick. It seems like the damage required to detonate is just dramastically lowered, as i could chain cast it on a dummy with unbuffed dots up.

Looks like any damage taken by the caster detonates the seed, even my 3k melee swings manage to set it off :X
    Last edited by mmocfa0a58c3b6; 2013-05-23 at 12:56 PM.

Ive been messing about with my stats and due to being stupid, I cannot figure out if it would be worth it to get the 13k haste point, if I even can. Im sitting on a 521 ilvl. My character page is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Ghaltur/advanced

I hate to ask this sort of thing, but I am just annoyed with feeling as if I am under performing, and having trouble with reforge websites is really bugging me. Thank you very much for your time and help.

I can confirm that the seeds are erupting faster than pre 5.3

Updated the guide for 5.3, added trinket information, added new video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    Ive been messing about with my stats and due to being stupid, I cannot figure out if it would be worth it to get the 13k haste point, if I even can. Im sitting on a 521 ilvl. My character page is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Ghaltur/advanced

I hate to ask this sort of thing, but I am just annoyed with feeling as if I am under performing, and having trouble with reforge websites is really bugging me. Thank you very much for your time and help.
    Hey Ghaltur, I checked out your character's reforging. Right now your gear is more optimized for Destruction and 9778 haste point for Affliction. If you want to reach the 13k haste point you will have to manage to pick up some more pieces with haste heavy stats on it (ie: Breath of the Hydra, Ji-kun Belt, Gloves off of Durumu, Mainhand off Animus, Offhand off Lei shen or Staff off Twin Consorts).

Until then I would recommend going 9778 haste rating unbuffed and dumping the rest into mastery for Affliction.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TheShade; 2013-05-23 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post
    Hey Ghaltur, I checked out your character's reforging. Right now your gear is more optimized for Destruction and 9778 haste point for Affliction. If you want to reach the 13k haste point you will have to manage to pick up some more pieces with haste heavy stats on it (ie: Breath of the Hydra, Ji-kun Belt, Gloves off of Durumu, Mainhand off Animus, Offhand off Lei shen or Staff off Twin Consorts).

Until then I would recommend going 9778 haste rating unbuffed and dumping the rest into mastery for Affliction.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much for the help Shadowz. I am glad to receive the reply and will definately go for either the trinket, staff, or just hit up destro again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    Thank you very much for the help Shadowz. I am glad to receive the reply and will definately go for either the trinket, staff, or just hit up destro again.
    You're Welcome. Also make sure you go Grim of Sac to yield the best results for Destruction.

Goodluck.
    -Shade
    Last edited by TheShade; 2013-05-23 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    So today i noticed that Seed of Corruption explodes after the first tick without any external damage sources... And if full dots are applied, it explodes before the next one arrives on the same target... I'm pretty sure you had to do more damage in 5.2 than you do now. Am i missing something here?

I would love it to be intended though, would make Affliction a lot more enjoyable in AoE scenarios.
    I noticed this last night on Ji-kun. I hope it stays like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShade View Post
    You're Welcome. Also make sure you go Grim of Sac to yield the best results for Destruction.

Goodluck.
    -Shade
    Grim of Sac isn't the best option for Destruction on most fights in ToT depending on strategy.

Deleted

Hope this helps.
    No, you should reforge and gem full haste except if you got good socket bonus because dots scale best with haste. They tick faster and you get more ticks if you hit breakpoints. Combine that with the Soul Burn: Soul Swap and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    No, you should reforge and gem full haste except if you got good socket bonus because dots scale best with haste. They tick faster and you get more ticks if you hit breakpoints. Combine that with the Soul Burn: Soul Swap and you're set.
    This is correct. Your main goal as an Affliction Warlock is to push dmg into your 1 button multidot rotation and you should be able top anything.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    This is correct. Your main goal as an Affliction Warlock is to push dmg into your 1 button multidot rotation and you should be able top anything.
    Greetings,

Thanks very much for your comments. I would like to know how you reached this conclusion that you should stack Haste above all others for an Affliction Lock? I'm not questioning the validity of it, I just want to know a bit about the theorycraft behind this so that I can be a more knowledgable and better warlock.

Doesn't cast time for spells scale non-linearly with haste? In other words, haste has diminishing returns the more of it you have? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    His question was could he reach the 13k haste point. and there is no point in having more than 9778 haste unless you can reach the 13,158 haste point. You won't gain any extra ticks, if you look up haste break points. Also if you are in between 9778 and 13k its better to dump the rest into mastery like i said to buff your dots.

I believe your thinking is dramatically way off base if you think its best to just put everything into haste and completely disregard haste breakpoints and how haste works as a dot class.

Would highly recommend you to watch this video.

Deleted
    Does anyone know a site easy to use like wowreforge but that takes item upgrades into consideration when importing the char? I don't like askmrrobot's interface much and they tend to try to change my gems, when all I want are reforges.

I use wowreforge and manually adjust the stats on the items. Kinda clunky but I don't like anything else better. Just click on the item on the left there and it brings up a stat window
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Updated the guide for 5.3, added trinket information, added new video.

/snip/
    Recommending GoSup on all but Jin'rokh is a bit off. Both Ji-kun (despawning issues + primal nutrient) and Primordius (again, buff possibly not affecting pet (mastery)) are great GoSac fights and you SHOULD get better results with it.
    Last edited by Anthraxx; 2013-05-24 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    His question was could he reach the 13k haste point. and there is no point in having more than 9778 haste unless you can reach the 13,158 haste point. You won't gain any extra ticks, if you look up haste break points. Also if you are in between 9778 and 13k its better to dump the rest into mastery like i said to buff your dots.

I believe your thinking is dramatically way off base if you think its best to just put everything into haste and completely disregard haste breakpoints and how haste works as a dot class.

Would highly recommend you to watch this video.
    Breakpoint or no breakpoint, your dots will still tick faster with more haste. The only thing you gain from reaching a breakpoint is using less GCDs to refresh but since we Warlocks have Soul Burn: Soul Swap, that doesn't matter very much. I'm very familiar with how dots work and haste is best stat for a dot class.

Deleted

Of course haste benefits us past breakpoints. There's much more to haste than just added ticks, which in fact doesn't impact dps that much. It's also about faster ticking dots, more rppm procs and pet damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I use wowreforge and manually adjust the stats on the items. Kinda clunky but I don't like anything else better. Just click on the item on the left there and it brings up a stat window
    Ye, but with the upgrades being so cheap right now, it will be a pain to change all those stats