Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

how hard is this game to get into? Im kind of having MMO ADD. I have 7 of them installed now and because everything has gone F2play i just play them all off and on. I heard its like a pre Trammel Ultima Online in space which is cool cause I loved that game. Also my favorite things to do in UO was grief other people. Is that actually a play style in EvE? I just loved being a dick in UO for some reason. Now games seem to be all goody goody and if you are mean people tend to get mad and you end up with a bad rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    how hard is this game to get into? Im kind of having MMO ADD. I have 7 of them installed now and because everything has gone F2play i just play them all off and on. I heard its like a pre Trammel Ultima Online in space which is cool cause I loved that game. Also my favorite things to do in UO was grief other people. Is that actually a play style in EvE? I just loved being a dick in UO for some reason. Now games seem to be all goody goody and if you are mean people tend to get mad and you end up with a bad rep.
    I wouldn't say the game is hard to get into at all. What I would say is that Eve is a game you should be willing to put in the long haul as there is no quick and certainly no instance gratification in Eve. I bring this up simply because you say you are going through some MMO ADD. Progression is slow at first and will require you to over come a learning curve and you are going to get info overload right out the gate. Patience is your finest ally and taking your time and making informed decisions from the start will set you on the path of success much earlier than the good ol "jump first" routine.

As far as play style, you can play however you want. If you wish to be a ruthless scumdog pilot who locks onto anything that moves, your welcome to it. But there are consequences.... And you are not going to be a billy badass out the gate and you certainly need time to build yourself up to put your money where your mouth is, but that is the freedom you most certainly have in Eve.

Here is a great little video that can help you get your feet wet in Eve:
    http://www.gameskinny.com/40vss/firs...e-introduction

Yes, you can grief other players, and it is looked highly upon.

Getting into the game takes a lot of patience...

3 episodes (an hour and a half) of useful info for new players A bit slow to start but he does define some realistic goals that most newbies might find challenging.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-05-21 at 08:40 PM.

Report from siege of 1-SMEB last night
    TEST suffered massive casualties, but managed to hold onto the system

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Report from siege of 1-SMEB last night
    TEST suffered massive casualties, but managed to hold onto the system
    Damn they got their ass spanked, curios why anyone would spend so much to take/defend such a shit system though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Damn they got their ass spanked, curios why anyone would spend so much to take/defend such a shit system though.
    Because there is a war going on and TEST are in the way.

My coalition (N3) has been pushing and taking a lot of space these past few weeks, so it's nothing new to throw money at a system that most would see as insignificant.

Ships used on CTA's are replaced anyway, so if you lose a Loki, Rokh etc, it's replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Because there is a war going on and TEST are in the way.
    That's fair enough but still it's a shit system.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    My coalition (N3) has been pushing and taking a lot of space these past few weeks, so it's nothing new to throw money at a system that most would see as insignificant.
    It's not that I see it as insignificant, it's that it is insignificant, I (not me personally obviously) have owned and lived in Delve for years and SMEB has little to no tactical significance besides that's it's the entry point from low sec.

1-SMEB might look insignificant if you look at the star map flattened, but it is one of the most important Delve systems. It is a crossroads for titan-bridges. From 1-SMEB, an enemy Titan can bridge to just about any strategic point in Delve, meaning it would be very difficult to hold Delve without holding 1-SMEB. There was a second major fight (1800 in local) for the system. Don't have a battle report link yet, but the ISK war was ~about~ even this time, and TEST held onto the system.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-05-27 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    1-SMEB might look insignificant if you look at the star map flattened, but it is one of the most important Delve systems. It is a crossroads for titan-bridges. From 1-SMEB, an enemy Titan can bridge to just about any strategic point in Delve, meaning it would be very difficult to hold Delve without holding 1-SMEB. There was a second major fight (1800 in local) for the system. Don't have a battle report link yet, but the ISK war was ~about~ even this time, and TEST held onto the system.
    Really, it's not that great, during the years we held delve I can't remember us ever using SMEB for anything except being a jump in point from empire, and I'd be bold enough to claim that we knew what we where doing...

Deleted
    Considering getting back into EVE, been a couple of years since I last played, anyone in this thread can throw me a referal invite, or whatever there called in EVE.

Follow link snip and you should be able to get a trial.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-06-08 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Follow link snip and you should be able to get a trial.
    Yeah I know about the trial, I was wondering if they did a recruit a friend thing ala WoW, get someone some free time.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-06-08 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah I know about the trial, I was wondering if they did a recruit a friend thing ala WoW, get someone some free time.
    Not that I'm aware of, only if CCP them selfs do a promotion giving returning players a free week or something, that would end up in your mail box or on your account page though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The link he posted was a buddy invite, in which links you to the signup page for a 21-day trial and if you sub he would get a free PLEX (30day days gametime or ~500m ISK).

There are several on here including myself that will offer you a buddy invite and give you the free PLEX should you sub.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Deleted
    tbh, as a newer player myself I didn't really start enjoying the game until I joined my current PVP corp (still in training, fingers crossed!) I just don't think it's anything like the same game without the PVP elements. Quite enjoying the 1-SMEB fights!

I heard about the ENL-A group camping the Sakht gate the other night murdering people trying to reship. What were you flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    tbh, as a newer player myself I didn't really start enjoying the game until I joined my current PVP corp (still in training, fingers crossed!) I just don't think it's anything like the same game without the PVP elements. Quite enjoying the 1-SMEB fights!
    The key is corp and not so much pvp. Trying to fly solo in this game, unless your really into it, usually results in a short duration. But even joining a mining corp and going on ops with 20 other ppl, getting Orca boosts, and decimating belts can keep a new player much more interested than flying missions or getting spanked in lowsec.

I played on and off for years, I cant even remember if there was an xpac when I first started. But only until I joined a good corp part of a active alliance have I stuck with it. Have had my account active for 9 months straight now and no signs of slowing down as I finally finish my T2 Mega and get ready for incursions.

Deleted
    Didn't fly that one I'm afraid Kumduh, though just got back from a nice trip into Goon space.

10+ Year Old Account
    can u log in ?