Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    His father DID try to destroy the world, like father like son maybe?
    Eh, I'd rather him not turn into some boring generic evil guy who wants to destroy the world. Like I said, an anti-hero that wants to reshape the world (for the better) but is willing to do it at the cost of many innocent lives would be far better than the usual stuff we get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    He seems lawful neutral (his law, neutral to our morality) to me.

I think he could be a good bad guy/bad good guy quite well. One who views the world as the chess board.

We may think it's horrible for him to sacrifice 1000 lives today, but he sees it as preventing 10,000 deaths in a decade. There's a lot to work with if he's supposed to be the "long term big picture" type because you can twist his "evils" by looking at the reality of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" taken to the nth degree.
    Exactly this.

I don't think that he will become a villian, but i don't think that he will end like his father. It is more likely that he may become only temporary our enemy, only to prevent some greater disaster. Or he becomes the villian in public eyes when we know what he has really done.

But a real villian... not really; but in the end he might give us greater headaches than the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    His father DID try to destroy the world, like father like son maybe?
    While Deathwing is technically the father of all Black Dragons, he isn't the direct sire of Wrathion.

No more self-righteousness please. Just face the fact that this guy is not your typical goody two shoes and looks more like an anti-hero. No need to put anything grey on the villain list.

Did no one else get the primetime sitcom vibe from the scene of Wrathion and Anduin in the Tavern? What I really want is an in game version of Two and a Half Men. Maybe with Thrall's baby? The Odd Couple would work too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Y-tEh57E#t=57s
    Last edited by Uvwaex; 2013-06-20 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Eh, I'd rather him not turn into some boring generic evil guy who wants to destroy the world. Like I said, an anti-hero that wants to reshape the world (for the better) but is willing to do it at the cost of many innocent lives would be far better than the usual stuff we get in WoW.
    Yeah. Ending a world-spanning war by crippling each side's ability to fight is probably better than letting them continue to fight, especially with the forces working behind the scenes. And gathering powerful artifacts, preventing their misuse, might be shady, but effective. Everything he does could be misinterpreted, but I don't think they're wrong to do. Someone has to do it.

He was cleansed of the corruption of the black dragon flight so unless Blizzard was crossing their fingers and lying he's a "good guy". It'd be kinda a dumb double back on blizz to take a good guy and make him bad just because it's easy.

He seem's a very chaotic-good type personality in that he'd do anything it takes for the good of the planet. I don't think he's evil at all but the way he goes about things to accomplish a greater good might be frowned upon. He seems very much in the view of sacrifice a few to save the many and he doesn't give two shits about who has to die so that the planet will survive and that life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I don't think that he will become a villian, but i don't think that he will end like his father. It is more likely that he may become only temporary our enemy, only to prevent some greater disaster. Or he becomes the villian in public eyes when we know what he has really done.

But a real villian... not really; but in the end he might give us greater headaches than the Burning Legion.
    Yeah i could see him pulling a lelouch vi brittania "unite the world in hating me" plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    No more self-righteousness please. Just face the fact that this guy is not your typical goody two shoes and looks more like an anti-hero. No need to put anything grey on the villain list.
    An anti-hero can still be a boss. A villain is one who is at odds with the hero of a story, and his mindset could easily make him into one.

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Yeah i could see him pulling a lelouch vi brittania "unite the world in hating me" plan.
    Heh, yeah. That would actually be an interesting angle, especially considering the players would probably know his plan, but we go aid in killing him because he wants us to. We could be Wrathion's Suzaku, lol.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-06-20 at 06:59 PM.

Genuinely nice guy trying to help. Being the person that rescued his egg during the cataclysm i have known him since well before he was born, he wouldn't do anything to trick me.

he just wants what's best for azeroth.

that doesnt mean he wants whats best for the people of azeroth..

Deleted
    The blessings of the celestials quest paints him as a pretty decent guy with his doubts, his fears, and a terrible burden placed on him.
    That can make a for a very good hero.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I would love to find out that Garrosh(with Yshaarj) were trying to become strong enough to stop the legion and all of Wrathion's doing to make us stop him is just him allied with the Legion. So we kill off their "real" threat to allow for their coming so they can deal with us weaklings on their time. Or that the dark heart is what is needed to open the portal for them or something.
    I think that something like this would be incredible. I love manipulation plot lines...probably why I am such a Dune fan.

Plans within plans within plans...

I'd be disappointed with their already poor story telling team if they make him a bad guy.

But if we have to loot Elune's corpse, I'm done.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion's ambiguity is one of the things I like most about Pandaria's story so far. I think grey characters are great. Can he be evil? Maybe, we'll just have to wait and see.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    There's no self righteousness here. People are allowed to personally feel he is shady. It's not bad for a character to be *good*. Enough with the edgyness.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    The blessings of the celestials quest paints him as a pretty decent guy with his doubts, his fears, and a terrible burden placed on him.
    That can make a for a very good hero.
    Pretty much this. And seriously, having the first black dragon after thousand of years completely free of the influence of the Old Gods becoming an utter villain would be like waste the character into nothingness.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Pretty much this. And seriously, having the first black dragon after thousand of years completely free of the influence of the Old Gods becoming an utter villain would be like waste the character.
    Says someone currently residing in Cthulhu's Sanctuary. Blissful ignorance or calculated misdirection?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    He seems lawful neutral (his law, neutral to our morality) to me.

I think he could be a good bad guy/bad good guy quite well. One who views the world as the chess board.

We may think it's horrible for him to sacrifice 1000 lives today, but he sees it as preventing 10,000 deaths in a decade. There's a lot to work with if he's supposed to be the "long term big picture" type because you can twist his "evils" by looking at the reality of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" taken to the nth degree.
    A la Peter Baelish?!
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Says someone currently residing in Cthulhu's Sanctuary. Blissful ignorance or calculated misdirection?
    Ehehehehe

Intended twist, i have waited for someone pointing that out.