Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Taran Zhu is just fat jerk who only talks while doing next to nothing. We are the ones who defeat all the sha, we are the ones who babysitt "powerfull" and "skilled" shado-pan champions (who think that pulling 10+ mantids on that god forsaken isle is good idea), we dealt with mantids, as well as with yaungol. And we killed thunder king and company. If he wasnt arrogant prick he would accept that he had failed the emprah, and just quit (and perhaps found himself a hobby). Lets face it if shado-pan tried anything funny against horde, we would have some nice panda hide armors for t16. Also im so glad for what garrosh did to vale, its like a big, hearty "Fuck you" from horde as goodbye. Tho planting mana bomb in shadopan monastery would be hilarous as well.

I thought the Shado-pan were few in the numbers to begin with. I don't think they can "crush" anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    Of course. Not only that but they are trained to deal with the ocasional sha, not the Sha Primes who are supposed to be imprisioned.

They are trained to defend agains the mantid 1000 years cicle, but they weren't expecting it to happen 100 years earlier... during a super major sha outbreak... with the second most powerfull sha impowering the mantid.

And ofcourse they were trained to take care of the rarely seen mogus who came out of hiding now and then while the mogu tribes were mostly busy fighting themselves, not a full fledge mogu empire, with all the tribes united, plus what I think is the full force or at least great part of the Zandalari backing them up and on top of that the god like Thunder King leading them. During the invasion of the sha powered mantid. While dealing with the Sha Primes.

So yeah, it's not that they are weak.
    Ahh, so, they can handle the sha, but not the big sha. They can handle the mantids, as long as the mantids follow their schedule, and nothing else is going on. They can handle the mogu, as long as they're ONLY having to deal with the mogu, and only if the tribes are fractured. Or, to recap, in half a year, our forces were essentially able to crush the entire, combined might of every single force that gave the SP trouble SINGLY, without us having ANY prior experience dealing with any of them? Oh, yeah, we also kicked Taran Zhu's ass once already.

So yeah, compared to us, they are pretty weak.

Sure, they may have been able to clear out the Horde who were living at the Shrine at that specific moment, but if the Horde(or Alliance, for that matter) really decided to say "Fuck you, we aren't going anywhere" and actually responded with force? The SP wouldn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Taran Zhu is just fat jerk who only talks while doing next to nothing. We are the ones who defeat all the sha, we are the ones who babysitt "powerfull" and "skilled" shado-pan champions (who think that pulling 10+ mantids on that god forsaken isle is good idea), we dealt with mantids, as well as with yaungol. And we killed thunder king and company. If he wasnt arrogant prick he would accept that he had failed the emprah, and just quit (and perhaps found himself a hobby). Lets face it if shado-pan tried anything funny against horde, we would have some nice panda hide armors for t16. Also im so glad for what garrosh did to vale, its like a big, hearty "Fuck you" from horde as goodbye. Tho planting mana bomb in shadopan monastery would be hilarous as well.
    Did you... watch the video? At all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Did you... watch the video? At all?
    I play this game and i think its more than enough to have opinion in that matter, isnt it ? And yeah i gave + view since im such i nice guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Sure, they may have been able to clear out the Horde who were living at the Shrine at that specific moment, but if the Horde(or Alliance, for that matter) really decided to say "Fuck you, we aren't going anywhere" and actually responded with force? The SP wouldn't stand a chance.
    You wouldn't want the combined might of Xuen, Yu'lon, Chi'Ji and Niuzao against your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You wouldn't want the combined might of Xuen, Yu'lon, Chi'Ji and Niuzao against your faction.
    Or the Golden Lotus, who are, like, right there, on top of that.

Meh, I'm wholly unimpressed with everything I've seen from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celestials are so pathetic they make me wish blizzard will implement "well what is it ?" emote from dark souls.
    Yu'lon got used by her own corrupted priestess. Chi'ji was made sha of despair personal bitch, xu'en's only power seems to be seductive voice as Thunder king owned him. And niuzao spends most of his time eating or sleeping so he isnt big problem. And as for 5.4 you can capture them as pokemon.

From all the demigods we have met, these four are the least impressive to be honest. Should the Horde or Alliance actually decide to really fight them, they wouldn't last against such experienced fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Or the Golden Lotus, who are, like, right there, on top of that.
    The guys never leave the Vale, except for recruiting or special missions, up until now they never really faced of against a great threat. They were unexperienced and as a consequence the Mogu nearly overran the Vale.

The only Pandaren faction that is actually downright dangerous are the Shado Pan, because they actually have experience.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-06-23 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    From all the demigods we have met, these four are the least impressive to be honest. Should the Horde or Alliance actually decide to really fight them, they wouldn't last against such experienced fighters.
    They appear in Dungeon Journal on PTR right next to other world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They appear in Dungeon Journal on PTR right next to other world bosses.
    Yeah they have their trials, testing and guiding you..... the usual. Still I had high hopes for them and i was utterly disssapointed, Chi Ji being the worst of the lot, unable to deal with the Sha of Despair and he is supposed to be hope incarnate.

Justified hatred for our desecration of their sacred place? Certainly. But without our aid, they would have been STOMPED by the Zandalari and the Mogu while they were trying to fight both the Mantid and the Yaungol. At best they would have retreated to far-flung corners to fight a guerilla conflict while the other forces fought over Pandaria.

I have a feeling the Mogu and Zandalari would have pretty quickly thrown the Pandaren, Jinyu, Hozen, Saurok and Grummles into the Mantid swarm as cannon fodder and wiped up the remnants with their construct/spirit forces, put their boot on the necks of the lesser races' survivors, driven the Yaungol out and re-established their dominance over the majority of the continent with little resistance from anyone.

I can understand how they want us to leave their land, and like the mostly decent beings we are, lore-wise I imagine we will, or at least leave the Vale. We may leave a presence in Krasarang as a trading port, possibly in the Jade Forest to support our respective native allies, and would likely abandon our presence in Kun-Lai, assuming the Celestials don't intervene and tell the Shado-Pan we can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Justified hatred for our desecration of their sacred place? Certainly. But without our aid, they would have been STOMPED by the Zandalari and the Mogu while they were trying to fight both the Mantid and the Yaungol. At best they would have retreated to far-flung corners to fight a guerilla conflict while the other forces fought over Pandaria.

I have a feeling the Mogu and Zandalari would have pretty quickly thrown the Pandaren, Jinyu, Hozen, Saurok and Grummles into the Mantid swarm as cannon fodder and wiped up the remnants with their construct/spirit forces, put their boot on the necks of the lesser races' survivors, driven the Yaungol out and re-established their dominance over the majority of the continent with little resistance from anyone.

I can understand how they want us to leave their land, and like the mostly decent beings we are, lore-wise I imagine we will, or at least leave the Vale. We may leave a presence in Krasarang as a trading port, possibly in the Jade Forest to support our respective native allies, and would likely abandon our presence in Kun-Lai, assuming the Celestials don't intervene and tell the Shado-Pan we can stay.
    Yet, as I say in the video, it is our fault that they were occupied by the Sha, Mantid, and Yaungol for the Mogu to take advantage of. We know both the Hozen and the Jinyu would gladly step up and defend Pandaria from the Mogu, and even the Grummles do so as well in the new Vol'jin book.

assuming the Celestials don't intervene and tell the Shado-Pan we can stay.
    The Celestials are listed as world bosses on the ptr so i would imagine that is probably not going to be the case.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I play this game and i think its more than enough to have opinion in that matter, isnt it ? And yeah i gave + view since im such i nice guy.
    Its not a matter of having played the game, but just a different matter of perspective.

Forgive me, but you seem to simply be using the same argument of "We saved them" while ignoring the fact that we saved them...from everything we caused. The only reason they couldn't deal with everything is because we cause most of it to happen in the first place.

Again, I think a great comparison would be if the Naga/Azshara, the Old Gods, the Emerald Nightmare, and the Burning Legion all attacked at once. Azeroth would be fucked.

The Celestials are listed as world bosses on the ptr so i would imagine that is probably not going to be the case.
    Whoa, they are? *Goes to check*

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yet, as I say in the video, it is our fault that they were occupied by the Sha, Mantid, and Yaungol for the Mogu to take advantage of. We know both the Hozen and the Jinyu would gladly step up and defend Pandaria from the Mogu, and even the Grummles do so as well in the new Vol'jin book.
    How does this change anything? They are still extremely underpowered after slaughter at their own monastery, they cant do anything other than spit empty threats.

The problem is we caused the situation with the Yaungol and the Mantid, the empress was corrupted and the swarm unleashed far too soon, which drove the Yaungol into Pandaren territory. Without those problems the Shado Pan would have most likely caught the Zandalari, before they could resurrect the Thunder King.

How does this change anything? They are still extremely underpowered after slaughter at their own monastery, they cant do anything other than spit empty threats.
    They have no honor and are skilled, that makes them more dangerous than most others, since they will use any means to achieve their goal, like killing these people in their sleep whether they are a child, injured, etc., the Shado Pan don't care, all they see is a threat that needs to be removed.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-06-23 at 12:22 AM.

Because even after those forces are gone, they are powerful as shit. I wish I could say more about the Vol'jin book, but if there are spoilers out there, you'd know why. Even with such SMALL numbers, the Shado-Pan are fucking insanely powerful.

In the book, they aren't dealing with literally all of their problems at once. They have one enemy, and they wreck their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Even with such SMALL numbers, the Shado-Pan are fucking insanely powerful.
    Obviously not, because they got crippled. Why do you still consider them powerfull. Because of their rigorous training? Training that failed miserably as they gave in to their emotions one by one? The fact that they are this force of overpowerdness in book just shows inconsistency that Blizzard writers show in everything.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-06-23 at 12:24 AM.