Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

The point is all this stuff adds up. All these inconveniences just added flavor to the things you did. Everything now is just instantly done for you, there's no personal investment in the most basic of actions.
    No they didn't. They really didn't. I mean the developers have tried to embrace this position to an extent in mists and all it's done has made the game inconvenient. The cat is out of the bag so to speak. You and I KNOW BETTER. We've known better for years now. Making the game inconvenient (as they have done in mists) will only serve to drive players away.

Everything about earlier wow was simple. It was just extremely tedious and annoying. Immersion existed for a very brief period but you and I are smarter and bigger players now and it's not coming back. In addition to this the market has changed. Inconveneince does not warrant approval, it warrants an unsub and a new player for whatever fotm f2p title is out there. Inconvenience adds up to players leaving. It does not make the game more immersive or give you any sense of personal investment. Those days are dead.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-06-24 at 04:15 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What more do you need to become a doctor?
    What more do you need to become a astronaut?
    What more do you need to become a surgeon?
    So those all must be easy jobs too right?
    comparing jobs to a computer game - you have way bigger issues then wow not being like YOU want it

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    You know, you could say Vanilla was the easier version of EQ but there is a point where you dumb something down so much it isn't good, that's what WoW is today. WoW when I first played it was something I'd never seen before, literally it was a different "world" where I had a second life so to speak, it immersed me and made me feel like I was someone else. Sounds weird but that was the reason I was so interested with it in the first place. You have to understand that Vanilla was something special, I'm even playing on a private server completely Blizzlike and my god it's amazing, you wouldn't believe me I know but after the first 10 levels (Durotar ugh) it gets much better.
    Yeah farming Tyrs Hand for cash for ages was sooooooooo interessting....

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaired Lowlife View Post
    3-4 buttons?
    I remember the good ol' days in TBC when I played BM hunter and I played through Karazhan to Sunwell with 2 buttoms. Steady shot macro:ed to the scroll wheel and one button to blow cooldowns. On some boss fights, I could sit trough a whole boss fight with a sandwitch in my left hand and my right hand on my mouse. And I was still at the top of the DPS charts.

Yeah, kids these days. They don't know how hard it was back in the day
    Back in Vanilla Lock was the most complicated DD... and we used like 6 buttons. Mages just spammed frostbolt and decrusive... most other classes did pretty much that as well. The only hard part back then was managing resources and even that wasn't very hard.

you know ur lying hard! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Now a days everything tells players exactly what their place is in the game. No longer do you have the illusion that you are actually good maybe even great at the game. You are basically rank X amount group Y and that's your position. If you move up or down it doesn't matter you are still just a number. One in millions.
    If you're a basic new player, though, you don't know any of that. You know that the boss died, and life is grand.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Are you serious? and what about all the physical and fysical test you need to complete to be a astronaut, try harder.

What about all the CD management and reaction time you need to play a class to it's best ability?

It's not just knowledge that you need. It's the ability to be able to USE that knowledge.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    comparing jobs to a computer game - you have way bigger issues then wow not being like YOU want it

Translation: I can't argue your point so I will just try to insult you instead.

Well all games lately are simpler and simpler and easier to play and most popular obviously, so they're just going with the flow proly.

What about all the CD management and reaction time you need to play a class to it's best ability?

It's not just knowledge that you need. It's the ability to be able to USE that knowledge.

Those are not even in the same league, not even close.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    I got it let me sum it up!

- Luci - > Impending Doom - cure curse - Mind control adds - > Kill adds kill boss cure curse heal YAYYYYYY
    - Magmadar - > Enrage - > Must use tranq shot to cure Enrage - > Pref by two hunters - > Tank must use fear break abilities from time to time or use fear ward via ally
    - Ghehenas - > cure curse - > Run from rain of fire - > Kill adds - > Kill boss
    - Garr - > Set marks for each add - > Set tanks for each add - > Begin via Ice block mage or divine protection pally - > Kill a few adds - > Kill boss - > Don't kill all adds
    - Shazrah - > Go in a circle - > Cure curses - > One tank
    ~~ Set notes np Decursive press 1 button and everything is cleansed ~~
    - Baron Geddon ~ Living bomb move from people - > Cleanse magic burning mana thing - > Move from Hellfire thing - > Kill boss
    - Harbinger ~ Set tanks for each of the adds ~ Use MS effects via each add ~ Split each add so they don't heal ~ Kill all adds ~ Kill boss
    - Golemag ~ Set tanks via the two adds ~ Kill boss ~ Use as many as cool downs when earthquake happens ~
    - Executus ~ CC Healing adds ~ Set each tank for each add ~ Set 1 tank to tank Executus ~ Kill adds then healers ~ Loot
    - Ragnaros ~ Tank swap ~ Add phase kill adds ~ Repeat ~ Kill boss

Did I miss something :O
    Dont forget this maind blowing boss encounters in BWL and 25 minut respawn on Neferian :P yeah we spend on him over a month :P ..... coz of the 3 pulls max in an hour so we had like 20 pulls in a week time :P ahh Vanila was sooo difficult :P for nubs in greens meaby but not for raiders ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If you're a basic new player, though, you don't know any of that. You know that the boss died, and life is grand.
    Yes you do. You run lfr content (not normal your not good enough for normal yet). You get a pvp rank (a number that tells you how good you are and you can look it up relative to other players). People link dmg meters in raids all the time and you can see how you rank. It all kills the illusion that you were good or even great. In addition to this the gear gap in this game for a fresh guy is so fucking huge you could fly a death star through it. The run from 30-50k dps at lvl 90 to 140k+ is such a huge mountain to climb. It can be quite frustrating because it never feels like your getting anywhere and your dps is just plateuing. We get HUGE gaps in those logs so when you do finally see one and you see how far you are from the top or even remotely close to that you get dejected. The new wow player doesn't know it's because of gear and theirs nothing in game that tells him it's because of gear or because he isn't playing his class right. Given how bloated the rotations are now either one is possible.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Comparing CD management and reaction time to the brutal test's astronaut's have to go through, lol it's not even close to the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yeah farming Tyrs Hand for cash for ages was sooooooooo interessting....
    You missed the point...
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Back in Vanilla Lock was the most complicated DD... and we used like 6 buttons. Mages just spammed frostbolt and decrusive... most other classes did pretty much that as well. The only hard part back then was managing resources and even that wasn't very hard.
    Vanila Elemental shaman rotation -Lb............. tooo hard to remember :P

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    WoW feels like a game with GODMODE enabled. that is hardly compelling or enticing. "The worlds BEST MMORPG" has turned into "The worlds EASIEST and most accommodating MMORPG". That is NOT how you retain subs. The game has lost millions of subs and now they're relying on people loving the "fresh car smell" of WoW, which will definitely fade with time. Basically they've decided to aim for short term profits. that's it. Works well now, but if the game every does collapse, i assert that the kernels of that failure are being planted now.
    WoW has always been an easymode MMO. Beyond that, it's simply a matter of the devs caving to players wants at some point, and the players learning that if they simply continue complaining, the devs will acquiesce sooner or later.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if soon one can simply start off with a level 90 character. "Quality of life" and all that.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Comparing CD management and reaction time to the brutal test's astronaut's have to go through, lol it's not even close to the same thing.

Go look up the word analogy. Besides it's the second line you should be focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Vanila Elemental shaman rotation -Lb............. tooo hard to remember :P
    A guild let you be an Elemental shaman? That is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    WoW has always been an easymode MMO. Beyond that, it's simply a matter of the devs caving to players wants at some point, and the players learning that if they simply continue complaining, the devs will acquiesce sooner or later.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if soon one can simply start off with a level 90 character. "Quality of life" and all that.
    In the real world this is called addressing customer feedback. In world of warcraft or at least on this forum it's often refered to as "catering to whiners" or in your case "caving to players wants".
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I find it hilarious that whenever a topic like this pops up someone or multiple people will bring up <insert boss kill>.
    Because wanting to objectively measure the veracity of a posters experience is such a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    You know I just skimmed through it so I'm just going to put this out there which is simple ''Money'' Casuals which isn't a bad thing mind you are most of the majority of this game thus they have to make it more attractive to the well people who don't exactly have time to commit to hardcore / Semi-HC shit. It's been this way since Woltk and It's not going to change in fact It's going to get even more so called ''EZ'' or w/e you think it is.

Most ''HC'' people adapt to it which should include you but hey if you don't like it could always quit.
    Indeed. Sick of people whining about this. If it really bothers them so much then they should just quit. But they won't quit because they actually like the game and are just throwing a fit because it's not 'their WoW' anymore.

@TC: Link your Ra-den achieve already. Surely if it's so 'easy' you've cleared all the raiding content available and you're in one of the top rated PVP teams. You've cleared all the Brawler's Guild and have every Pet Battle achievement too.

Go look up the word analogy.
    No you seem to believe that Raiding HC bosses in wow is as hard as the requirements for being a astronaut.