Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Because people don't seem to accept other peoples reasons.
    Why should the personal reasons of a small few effect a huge amount of the player base?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    despite the fact we will be encouraged to run it. I would much rather do Flex then LFR as an alternative to legendary collection at the start of the week compared to LFR had it already existed.
    cept there never was not much a need to run LFR ( for 5.2) - even for normal mode raiders
    Higher item lvl hap mean no upgrades - least in terms if item lvl
    And rep/legendary items shared lockout across everything

As for me, I absolutly, completely despise doing the same exact raid more than once on my main, Completely hate it.
    Im all for things for raiders to have things to do outside of raiding, but the same exact raid, of the same exact bosses, in the same exact environments, with the same gear/rewards is not helpful at all
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    No, the chart is pretty clear. The subs were increasing substantially at an enormous rate til WotLK, then stopped on its tracks right after its release. It came back up a little when ICC was released (November 2009) but at a super slow rate and never exceeded the WotLK release numbers again. If anything, considering it was the motherfucking Lich King and Icecrown Citadel, one could argue it was a complete disaster and at the very least a major disappointment.
    Not expecting huge numbers for such a major lore character would be silly.
    Hey, lets ignore the entire western economic crisis/recession that badly crippled and in some cases paralyzed pretty much all the western countries WoW is in. People losing their jobs/hours and more on such a wide scale couldn't have anything to do with causing issues for sub numbers since only a massive amount of people across the western world had to cut anything they could just to get by. Let's ignore that WofLK still saw sub increases during the worst part of economic crisis/recession, even if it was at a slow rate. While we are at it, lets also ignore the ever increasing number of free to play and buy to play MMOs out there that people go to as well.

Yay! Living in a fantasy world where we can blame one major thing that we don't like, in this case one that doesn't impact the game in a negative way much, if at all, is better! Viva la E-PEEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That is question only blizzard can answer I guess they feel that flex raiding should be its own lockout since its really its own mode.

But yet feel that heroic mode should be tied to normal modes lockout since you need to beat one to do the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Your argument is that it dose not.

I defend with ways that it dose now back up your calm or move along.
    It has to be this way otherwise it would be ONE difficult TBC mode and LFR or have ToC 2.0 where both normal and heroic are required as raid clears.
    NOONE wants ToC 2.0.
    Well maybe a few people do but we will whip it out of them!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Subs are dropping because the game is old.
    really? Because I can say subs are dropping because of Bugs Bunny and it would be just as valid as your reason
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    again someone who doesn't get it. you don't pay for gear and items on a silver platter, you pay for only one thing: access to the game. what you do with that is entirely (or should be) up to you

What a dumb statement.
    Exactly. I actually think this is why WoW subs are dropping. Casual players can invest minimal time and see just everything. After they are decked out in ilvl 502 gear there's nothing left in the game for them to see, so they just unsubscribe.

When I was new to the game I didn't feel bad just because I didn't see the same content as the hardcore raiders. But I enjoyed the mystery in wow, which now is totally gone.

It has to be this way otherwise it would be ONE difficult TBC mode and LFR or have ToC 2.0 where both normal and heroic are required as raid clears.
    NOONE wants ToC 2.0.
    Well maybe a few people do but we will whip it out of them!
    I know that was mainly my point I just didn't go into detail about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Partly. But that's ignoring that certain features may be increasing/decreasing that effect.
    I think the effect of the features is negligible. Some people will come back because of things like LFR and some people will leave because of it. Can be said of any feature/expansion/etc.

However, no one is coming to WoW for the sole reason to play a game that is almost 10 years old.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so then once again why does it not share a lockout with normal/heroic if its for people who cant run normal'heroic?
    Let's suppose you're a healer who would like some DPS gear with a different primary stat, to do dailies, or kill rares, or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DLX View Post
    As a progression raider I can see the "lesser skilled players" or "casuals" feeling they should see the content because they pay the same amount per month as the raiders clearing content. If people really don't want those people to feel like they need to see the content then maybe they should reduce the fee for them. Its all about getting what you pay for and getting the most out of what you pay for.
    Or pay per hour instead of pay per month.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Exactly. I actually think this is why WoW subs are dropping. Casual players can invest minimal time and see just everything. After they are decked out in ilvl 502 gear there's nothing left in the game for them to see, so they just unsubscribe.
    Or if they had nothing to do "like LFR" they would unsub faster because they where bored.

There is no 100% reason but I personally feel in my opinion that LFR has slowed down the bleed but the only ones who know if this is true is blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    But that's part of the appeal, is it not? Dark Souls and Demon's Souls would definitely not be as popular as it is now if the difficulty was changeable. You can't tell me a game where it's notorious for its difficulty suddenly drops it will do well. It just won't, and will probably lose a lot of faith in its community who liked it hard, and gain only people who enjoy the varied difficulties. It'll switch out your entire base of players, which generally isn't a good idea.
    I think resident evil is one of the largest examples of gameplay shift which has aliented their survival horror fanbase. RE4 brought the game into a new era. THEN they Call of Dutyd the fuck out of it. Not even my words. The words from capcom themselves was that they felt they had to make it into an action game and drop survival horror.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post

When I was new to the game I didn't feel bad just because I didn't see the same content as the hardcore raiders. But I enjoyed the mystery in wow, which now is totally gone.
    It takes ages to get the last items from ilvl 502. You also have to grind the legendary quest line. People resubbing at start of patch and then after a few months unsubbing is not a new phenomenon...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Why is it so hard to fathom there's a gap between LFR and Normal?
    Of course there is a gap. But it isnt a huge gap.
    If people are still stuck on normal Horridon after so many months, then its pretty clear they are too noobie to even be in there

it's the same thing over and over. the only reason a few people support the idea of exclusive content is because they assume they'll get to see it. if you guarantee that they won't their opinion would change.

it's not about being challenged. has nothing to do with integrity of the game. a minority of players want to feel special by excluding as many people as possible.

I think resident evil is one of the largest examples of gameplay shift which has aliented their survival horror fanbase. RE4 brought the game into a new era. THEN they Call of Dutyd the fuck out of it. Not even my words. The words from capcom themselves was that they felt they had to make it into an action game and drop survival horror.
    I agree about resident evil and the thing is they sold a ton of copy's and as a business you want to do what sells.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Flex is for different people than LFR. LFR is for people who can't or don't want to raid on a schedule.
    Flex is for guilds with members that raid on a schedule but have a problem with everyone showing up, it allows them to run their raids with the people who made it without having to pug to fill the holes.
    And in the end it's still a Ladder system and LFR FLEX NORMAL AND HEROIC are all part of the climb for new aspiring players.

Of course there is a gap. But it isnt a huge gap.
    If people are still stuck on normal Horridon after so many months, then its pretty clear they are too noobie to even be in there
    There isn't a huge grap between Faceroll and Smash Face Into A Wall really?????

Do you even read the things you post just because Normal is faceroll easy for you dose not mean it is for others but I am sorry its a FACT there is a huge ass grap between LFR and Normal and even blizzard admitted this that is one of the reasons why Flex Raiding is coming out.

really? Because I can say subs are dropping because of Bugs Bunny and it would be just as valid as your reason
    You can deny it all you like, but you'd still be wrong. There will always be a legion of diehard fans that will stick to the game until it officially dies (if ever), but that number is nowhere close to 8million. Subs will continue to drop as fewer and fewer people come to stay. The ones who left did so for a multitude of different reasons and there is nothing Blizzard can do to bring most of them back. As for the new people, there will be less and less incentive for them to pick WoW above new games. Even if everything reverted to pre-Cataclysm standards, most people would not return and new people will not magically decide to join. It doesn't matter if WoW is an amazing game. There are hundreds of amazing games that are 10, 15, 20 years old that people don't flock to because (guess what) they're old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Or if they had nothing to do "like LFR" they would unsub faster because they where bored.

There is no 100% reasons but I personally feel in my opinion that LFR has slowed down the bleed but the only ones who know if this is true is blizzard.
    No you're wrong. You don't know what drives ppl do to stuff? hunger, mystery, excitement, community. Not being fed up.
    And as I said. "casuals" paid for WoW long before LFR was introduced. At least I did. And even in TBC/Wotlk I didn't feel bad because I didnt get to see everything, it just made the game more interesting to me.