Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Which is why everything on the cash shop are optional things that dont increase character power. Plus, thats the world we live in, if you have the money to buy unnecessary things, then more power to you. Its not bad just because not everyone will be able to buy something.
    People are against it because they are thinking that blizzard is going to make godlike looking gear that is better then any gear in game, and the tiers/season sets will look like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Because I'd like to think that real life income does not matter in a computer game. God damn...

IF they are so severely hurting for cash that they want to destroy the spirit of the game with those suggestions of yours, they should introduce a system like GW2's, where you can buy gems for real money, and then sell them on the AH for gold so you can at least obtain those items, boosts and other things without buying them with real money IN A SUBSCRIPTION BASED MMO, I might add...
    You can already buy pets from the blizzard store and sell them on the AH. GW2 does a lot of things really well. its a great game.

Deleted
    GW2 does a lot of things really well. its a great game
    GW2 also isn't a subscription based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can already buy pets from the blizzard store and sell them on the AH. GW2 does a lot of things really well. its a great game.
    Except End game, that's nothing compared to WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they don't accept my payment method on the eu store so everything added to the pet store is like showing me a giant chocolate cake , saying do you want a piece and then saying sorry none for you, it's all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fromhellofdoom View Post
    Oh you can? I didn't know that. Can you please show me where you can buy Tier raiding gear on the Blizzard store?
    He said - they can - not - they did - there is a difference. Blizzard can do anything they want, it is their game not yours, unless you happen to be a majority stockholder in which case you could stop it

The final nail in the coffin for blizzard to become exactly like apple but for video games

Both sell fairly expensive mediocre products and they get away with it because people are stupid enough to buy from them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    That's exactly why it is bad. This is not real life. This is a computer game. Who I am and what I earn in real life should have no meaning in game.
    Who you are, and what you earn in real life absolutely should and does have meaning in game. You wouldnt be playing this game if you didnt earn money to pay for your computer, internet connection, house to live, sub fee for the game etc. You would be homeless.

The blizzard store is optional. It doesnt affect you in any way if another person uses their money to buy optional / cosmetic things.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't see the problem with this... if you don't agree with it, then don't use the feature? Shouldn't concern you what other people decide to buy in the game, their money, their decision to do what they want with it.

The only issue I see with this is that if your credit card is linked to the blizzard store in game, and can buy an item with one click of a button, couldn't hackers make some sort of profit/advantage from this? I know now days its pretty much your fault if you are hacked and don't have an authenticator, but this is the only downside I can see to this implementation (unless I am being a complete moron).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    totally happy about the ingame shop so i don't have to alt tab when i want to buy something from blizzstore!
    now i can only wait for the transmog corrupted ashbringer then my character will be complete.
    Transmogable Legendarys like the TwinBlades of azzinoth omg now I'am hyped.
    They will make the Shop better and better and better.
    ~Giggles like a little Girl~

Deleted
    Slow bug fixes, big balance issues and neglect of some big needed changes- yet they have time to create more useless mage glyphs; and they still have the nerve to push their real currency products on my screen all the time. No, nothing wrong
    What the hell do I pay my sub for? Do they bath in lobster soup every day?

Let me say this one more time. The team that balances the game and the team that designs new abilities and items probably have nothing to do with each other at all. They work separately and communicate their changes to the people who write code.

edit: We pay a subscription to maintain the servers and access them. Recently they've sped up their patch releases to a point where it should've been all along. Paying a subscription doesn't entitle anyone to anything else but being able to get online to a server where thousands of people join each day. The content is what keeps us paying our right to LOG IN.

F2P models are a lot more different. They have to create a game which people deem necessary to purchase in game goods and unless the game is really really good it sometimes means buying power or ability to play parts of the game you otherwise can't access. This is the model i can't stand. They shouldn't gate core content or power behind cash. Blizzard isn't doing this so it's not an issue. If they begin doing this then I'll be quitting my sub and that will be that.
    Last edited by redrobin3; 2013-08-01 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    It doesnt affect you in any way if another person uses their money to buy optional / cosmetic things.
    It gives people with money (and no principles) an advantage over people with no money (and with principles). Disgusting. If they want to implement shit like this they should cut the subscription and make it like GW2.

Who you are, and what you earn in real life absolutely should and does have meaning in game. You wouldnt be playing this game if you didnt earn money to pay for your computer, internet connection, house to live, sub fee for the game etc. You would be homeless.
    Derp.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-08-01 at 06:01 PM.

Cash shop is a gateway drug. Best things in-game should be acquired by completing challenging content.

This 'it doesnt affect you' attitude is how the game has degenerated to this point. It's an mmo, nothing exists in a vacuum and everything affects everyone in some manner of speaking.

Deleted
    Well, to be frank, the entire idea of having to pay for content in a game where you already pay a monthly subscription is rather absurd.
    And while the items aren't necesarily Pay2Win, they are still Pay2MakeTheGameEasier. The XP potion I am fine with. Vanity items I am as well. Coins that give you extra rolls in raids, and therefore makes gearing up faster? Not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    Let me say this one more time. The team that balances the game and the team that designs new abilities and items probably have nothing to do with each other at all. They work separately and communicate their changes to the people who write code.
    the lack of cooperation between these teams is the reason why we have so much bs in the game. if teams like that worked in any real company, like a car company, everyone would get some serious lecture.

10+ Year Old Account

-Experience elixer - ugh, heirlooms weren't enough? Krol the Blade wasn't enough? Now you need this shit? Why don't you go ahead and undermine the people who used JP/Honor to buy heirlooms and camped Krol, that's fine. Ridiculous.
    -New unique, never before seen / conceptualized mounts - already happens so whatever, this never bothered me because the TCG has mounts and pets and as an ex-mount/pet collector, I realized that not enough people gave a shit for it to be a big deal. Cool looking mounts are just one of those things that only appeal to some, but not all.
    -Unique and awesome exclusive transmog sets with custom animations / effects when spells are cast - this is fucked up. Gear is endgame to people, people raid to get sets and spend hours/weeks of time on getting armor that they think looks good. If Blizzard didn't think gear was INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT to people, so important to constitute their entire endgame model, then they wouldn't have added transmog in the first place. And to offer transmog sets that are better than current in-game items, visually? Fucking would be despicable. The ONLY acceptable reason to do this would be if they dropped the sub.
    -Coins for bonus rolls (so you dont have to go out to farm them) - This is stupid. So stupid. I just don't understand why people feel like they need coins. I was a hyper casual player, yet I was around for Mists launch and never once missed any weekly elder coins on either of my 2 characters that I cared for them on. It's not hard to do dailies for 5 minutes, pet battles for 5 minutes, and kill one Barrens boss. You can fucking solo some of the Barrens bosses.
    -Flight training (so you dont have to use gold to buy it in game) - Another stupid thing. DO NOT EVER let real money fuck with the in-game economy. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. That is the worst effect a cash shop can have on any game.
    -Herbs, Ores, Leather, Cloth (basically any raw materials so players who choose wont have to go out to farm it) - See above. The second a cash shop effects the in-game economy by offering materials or other gold sink items for real money instead, they've ruined everything.
    -Exclusive transmog raids (bosses drop nothing but transmog gear, new unique raids developed solely for blizzard store customers to have content to just get transmog gear) - hahahahahahahahahaha! That's a joke, yeah? Maybe if they dropped the sub. But with a sub and cash shop? Fucking absurd.

As you can tell, nothing on that list increases character power. It would be awesome to just click a button, and have your credit card linked to your account and buy some cool stuff while in game without having to leave it. This is the part that really gets me. No one only cares about character power. The masses care about more than just stats on gear, they care about what it looks like. Look at CM sets - they don't give character power, but they give prestige. Same with heroic tier. People REALLY CARE about the prestige of fantastic looking gear. If they start to sell it for real money, they've gutted the appeal. And they've already started with the helmets. That was utterly disgraceful, to me, and solidified my decision to quit.
    There you have it. My opinion on your OP. I might come back if they lose the fucking subscription. But the idea that...

1. I pay them 15 bucks to play (in my case it was like 70 every 6 months or whatever that deal is)
    2. They use that money that I paid them on developing items for the game
    3. They put those developed items in the cash shop and demand I pay more money to them to be able to have those items

is just sickening, to me.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Phaethon View Post
    Really don't see the problem with this... if you don't agree with it, then don't use the feature? Shouldn't concern you what other people decide to buy in the game, their money, their decision to do what they want with it.
    You live in a perfect dream world, I'd love if you invited me over.

But really, that's not how the world works, and it's pretty myopic to believe that people can just not buy things and everything will be the same. No matter what you decide to do (buy/not), you're affected by the cash shop, and that's grounds for conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything in this game has a perceived value attached to it that keeps you playing. If everyone has that shiny rare item it ceases to be that shiny rare item. Why is this so hard to understand?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    You live in a perfect dream world, I'd love if you invited me over.

But really, that's not how the world works, and it's pretty myopic to believe that people can just not buy things and everything will be the same. No matter what you decide to do (buy/not), you're affected by the cash shop, and that's grounds for conflict.
    Exactly. Why do I have to farm coins while some rich guy with no principles can just buy the coins? Why do I have to level my characters at a slow pace while that same other guy buys some potions and levels at 3x my speed? It's beyond sickening. Stuff like this will destroy the spirit of the game.