Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blue eyed blood elves...

Just get a mod that makes blood elves have blue eyes or something if you want something so boring

Or roll a blood elf DK.. bam there you go. high elf!
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-24 at 12:48 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    -A guaranteed impossibility.
    Ironic.

Night Elfs - more specifically, the Highborne - are the one Alliance race which current lore would allow to join the Horde.
    The other remote possibility would be the Iron Dwarves.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Ironic.

Night Elfs - more specifically, the Highborne - are the one Alliance race which current lore would allow to join the Horde.
    The other remote possibility would be the Iron Dwarves.

EJL
    both highborne and dark iron dwarves are alliance since Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I saw someone mention this idea before about high elves, which I really quite liked.

Basically, the blue dragonflight recognises the strife and self-control of the Quel'dorei and their everyday struggle with their magical addictions and chooses them as their soldiers in the fight to protect Azeroth against the burning legion. They bless the High Elves with their magic and power, liberating them from their addiction and transforming them in a draconic looking humanoid race.

They would move Dalaran back to its original location, and that would become the starter zone for the Dragontouched. They would basically act as high elves, however, but in fact look slightly different and have a different outlook.

They would abhor the blood elves, as per usual.

Racial abilities could be something like
    Glide (2 min CD) - When falling, extend your wings to catch the air currents around you, allowing you to glide safely to the ground.
    Blessing of the Blue Dragonflight (2 min CD) - Something idk.

This would give Alliance High Elves, without giving them blood elves.
    No playable dragon people. Just no.

On a side-note. I read someone's suggestion about, like ogres from ogri'la and high-elves made into a sort of ethereal form. That was a neat suggestion. I completely forget the poster who made it, though. My bad!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)
    Bolded the big reason I'm against it.

Lore-wise they can't have a new model, and they would be very underwhelming without one. Especially if Horde got Ogres in exchange.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer Succubi, but High Elves would be okay. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Blue eyed blood elves...

Technically, lore-wise Blood Elves are green-eyed High Elves.

Blue is the base. Green is the mutation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'd prefer Succubi, but High Elves would be okay. For now.
    I'd say High Elves are incredibly unlikely for reasons I've gone into time and time again.

But I'm gonna say Succubi are flat out impossible. They're Warlock pets and fully corrupted Legion members. There is just no way that is happening.

So on both counts, you're out of luck.

Your avatar suggests you play a Human Warlock. Maybe when the race model updates come, you'll find happiness with the new and improved Human?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I'd say High Elves are incredibly unlikely for reasons I've gone into time and time again.

But I'm gonna say Succubi are flat out impossible. They're Warlock pets and fully corrupted Legion members. There is just no way that is happening.

So on both counts, you're out of luck.

Your avatar suggests you play a Human Warlock. Maybe when the race model updates come, you'll find happiness with the new and improved Human?
    Warlocks summon Wrathguard now, which are Eredar, which are Draenei. So yeah, wouldn't rule it out 100%. Blizz do what Blizz want to do. They did a decent job incorporating Pandaren which I was very skeptical about so I'm not worried what races are implemented, if any, I don't have to play them if I don't want to. For now though yeah, I'm content with my Humans and BElves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Who said they'd share the same model? They can give them a different model, different pose, different emotes, different overall looks while still looking elven.

"Somehow fitting the lore"? Why somehow, as if it was a far fetched thing? They fit right in! They've been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.

Blood elves are also VERY few as 90% of their population was decimated by Arthas. By your reasoning we shouldn't have Blood Elves either.
    Except Blood Elves where literally High Elves prior to the fel corruption. They would look exactly the same as Blood Elves but with blue eyes....it would be extremely lame. That's like the race choices in The Old Republic where its the same model with slightly different features.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Except Blood Elves where literally High Elves prior to the fel corruption. They would look exactly the same as Blood Elves but with blue eyes....it would be extremely lame. That's like the race choices in The Old Republic where its the same model with slightly different features.
    Well, it would be nice to have an Elf on Alliance side that doesn't look like a purple ape with ADHD.

God I hate night elf hands.

Get over it... I mean what is with everyone and crying about everything? (I feel as though I'm saying this alot today)
    People need to grow up and just play the damn game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Well, it would be nice to have an Elf on Alliance side that doesn't look like a purple ape with ADHD.

God I hate night elf hands.
    Model upgrade should fix that

Also the Night Elves are the Alliance Elf race. They fill the Alliance elf niche. If you want to be an Alliance Elf, go Night Elf.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    both highborne and dark iron dwarves are alliance since Cata
    Iron Dwarves form Northrend. And simply because one batch of Highborne went to Darnassus, doesn't mean another batch couldn't have gone to Silvermoon. Or we could say there has been a split with a batch leaving because of Maeves actions.

EJL

Iron Dwarves form Northrend. And simply because one batch of Highborne went to Darnassus, doesn't mean another batch couldn't have gone to Silvermoon. Or we could say there has been a split with a batch leaving because of Maeves actions.

EJL
    highbornes are close to extinct (not even close to high elves numbers ) or evolved into nagas -high elves -blood elves -, as for iron dwarves they will never become playable (maybe as skin to dwarves ) , they only viable option are Broken (draenei ) and eredar ( even tho they are really evil , demons) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but I have to say it:

To be honset, I'd be very pissed if Alliance do not get High Elves

And obviously I'm not just me who want the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-24 at 06:06 PM.

hmm i forgot broken are alliance already as well since tbc so there is like zero option ( well , only eredar)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Sorry but I have to say it:

To be honset, I'd be very pissed if Alliance do not get High Elves

And obviously I'm not just me who want the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance ...
    Nothing wrong with wanting. However you refuse to acknowledge the consequences adding the High Elves to the Alliance would provoke.

It would necessitate more lore focus on the Elves in order to explain why they've managed to scrape together enough resources to suddenly count as a faction. This distracts from currently existing playable races who have received next to no story attention in recent years. All of these neglected races happen to be Alliance side.
    There would also have to be comparable focus on whatever race the Horde gets to share with the Alliance. All of this is time that would be better spent on the Worgen and the Draenei, two races I'd be excited to learn more about.
    Indeed, what cast off Alliance race would the Horde get? Highborne? Joined the Alliance recently, there was a big song and dance about it. Dark Iron Dwarves? From recent stories, they are actually getting MORE loyal to the Alliance. Leper Gnomes...ok now that's just taking the piss. We can rule out Humans in any shape or form, even Alterac Humans, as Humans are the Alliance core. And you've got a screw loose if you even mention Worgen, let alone Draenei.

It would damage faction diversity. Don't give me the Pandaren excuse and say that since the Pandaren have been brought in, they may as well allow it for other race. Ghostcrawler's recent tweet clarified that they weren't keen on the concept of neutral races and only employed it with the Pandaren because they thought the Pandaren would be unusually popular with both factions and didn't want to deny either side the chance to play one. Blizzard wants the two factions to be as diverse as possible, and making the Elves cross-faction would severely undermine that. Also, once you make one race cross-faction (again the Pandaren are an exception) then the pressure to make the other races available will start to become overwhelming. Why not the Alliance player who wants to be Forsaken? Or the Horde player who wants to be a Draenei?

The alternative is the solution to give High Elves some new model in order to differentiate them from the Blood Elves. This very day Blizzard confirmed that the great model upgrade is a mere 25% complete. You really think Blizzard is going to devote precious art resources to this pet project? And even if they did do this, the High Elves and the Blood Elves are seen as the same race by the vast majority of WoW players. Individuals on both factions would instantly begin campaigning for access to the 'other' Elf model, as some will prefer it to the one their faction has.

The impact on player population has to be considered also. Despite people complaining about them, the Blood Elves are individually the most popular played Horde race. Giving this choice to the Alliance also will over time result in a burgeoning population of High Elves. Seeing High Elves, Night Elves and Blood Elves everywhere you turn is not going to be particularly healthy to the image of the game. One in every three players could easily be some kind of Elf by the end of it.

The impact on current Blood Elf players. This is an argument I've not deployed much, but I will here. Currently, Blood Elf players play in one of the few fantasy universes in which they are allied to the Orcs and other assorted 'monsters' rather than the Humans. Allowing Alliance players to play a Horde race will make that Horde race feel less Horde. You are willing to undermine their sense of identity within the Horde to play the same race Blue side.

And the public relations nightmare Blizzard will have to endure if they ever announced the High Elves. More Elves? Alliance get Horde race re-skin?Blizzard out of ideas!

Face it. This isn't about denying people what they want. It's about those people refusing to think about the potential consequences of what could happen if they get their way.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-08-24 at 06:42 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    highbornes are close to extinct (not even close to high elves numbers ) or evolved into nagas -high elves -blood elves -, as for iron dwarves they will never become playable (maybe as skin to dwarves ) , they only viable option are Broken (draenei ) and eredar ( even tho they are really evil , demons) .
    Population numbers have never been a reason to stop a player class existing. Why start now? Why should highborne having limited numbers matter when the nearly extinct Tauren don't?

EJL

Deleted
    Population numbers have never been a reason to stop a player class existing. Why start now? Why should highborne having limited numbers matter when the nearly extinct Tauren don't?
    And the even fewer Pandaren, lots of them still stayed on the turtle.