10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The question is though, could they withstand the sheer radiation Godzilla puts out? One of those handheld radiation detectors (gigameter or something) picked him up, and he was well over a mile away at the time. Radiation is hot yes, but it's also quite different from ki and the energy they're used to fighting against. He's absorbed radiation as well, and his atomic breath weapon has been shown to harm beings that live inside suns.

Not to mention, Big G has an insane healing factor as well, and he's been shown to do quite amazing feats of his own (defeating beings such as Super Godzilla, and deity in his own right), like literally throwing a monster well over twice his own weight into the atmosphere in a matter of seconds.

I don't think Big G would defeat them, but he'd surprise them a bit.
    and yet he's perfectly defeatable with whatever earth can throw at it... while in dbz the best weapon on earth can't even scratch some1 like yamcha... And while radiation isn't really explored in DBZ it doesn't really mean it can do anything to the Z fighers and especially to some1 like Goku that transcended the laws of physics so many times that he's basically god without the ability to actually create stuff... Heck even if Godzilla did manage to destroy his body Goku could still come back as a spirit and kill it... That is ofc assuming that it can even scratch him, which again I really doubt.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-31 at 05:19 PM.

The question is though, could they withstand the sheer radiation Godzilla puts out? One of those handheld radiation detectors (gigameter or something) picked him up, and he was well over a mile away at the time. Radiation is hot yes, but it's also quite different from ki and the energy they're used to fighting against. He's absorbed radiation as well, and his atomic breath weapon has been shown to harm beings that live inside suns.

Not to mention, Big G has an insane healing factor as well, and he's been shown to do quite amazing feats of his own (defeating beings such as Super Godzilla, and deity in his own right), like literally throwing a monster well over twice his own weight into the atmosphere in a matter of seconds.

I don't think Big G would defeat them, but he'd surprise them a bit.
    Radiation wouldn't do shit to a Super Saiyan. For one, in Battle of Gods, Goku fights Bills in space with no suit on to protect him from the sun's radiation, and it's never even brought up so it's safe to assume that Goku is either completely immune or heavily resistant to radiation.

Healing factor means very little when you get one shotted. Since the first shot would turn Godzilla's entire body into its base Quark-gluon plasma, I don't think he'd stick around long enough to surprise Goku.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Godzilla is like a Buu and in DBZ world the bigger the stronger "going off the whole giant nameks are strong point" so if Godzilla was in the DBZ universe he would be as his name said Godzilla... It would be interesting They made it work for Avengers VS godzilla so it could work and be interesting also Godzilla is radiation we don't know how things in Dbz react to radiation for all we know godzilla powers up and goku melts..
    For one, Godzilla is nothing like Buu, other than having a healing factor, and that's where the similarities stop. Buu is an evil construct powered by ki and magic. Godzilla is an alien that draws its power from its own biology.

For two, size does not make you stronger in DBZ. Certain techniques make you stronger, and some of those increase size as a byproduct. The idea that being in another universe arbitrarily increases a character's power is something that only exists as baseless fan conjecture. There isn't even evidence for it, let alone proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Radiation wouldn't do shit to a Super Saiyan. For one, in Battle of Gods, Goku fights Bills in space with no suit on to protect him from the sun's radiation, and it's never even brought up so it's safe to assume that Goku is either completely immune or heavily resistant to radiation.

Healing factor means very little when you get one shotted. Since the first shot would turn Godzilla's entire body into its base Quark-gluon plasma, I don't think he'd stick around long enough to surprise Goku.

- - - Updated - - -

For one, Godzilla is nothing like Buu, other than having a healing factor, and that's where the similarities stop.

Size does not make you stronger in DBZ. Certain techniques make you stronger, and some of those increase size as a byproduct. The idea that being in another universe arbitrarily increases a character's power is something that only exists as baseless fan conjecture. There isn't even evidence for it, let alone proof.
    people seem to forget that they are comparing an oversized lizard that can destroy a few cities... to a godlike being that can destroy galaxies...

Anyway the hype is building as we get closer and closer to the DVD release of Battle of Gods only 13 days left
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-31 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Godzilla is like a Buu and in DBZ world the bigger the stronger "going off the whole giant nameks are strong point" so if Godzilla was in the DBZ universe he would be as his name said Godzilla... It would be interesting They made it work for Avengers VS godzilla so it could work and be interesting also Godzilla is radiation we don't know how things in Dbz react to radiation for all we know godzilla powers up and goku melts..
    Vegeta was smaller and stronger than Nappa. What about that giant insect creature on Arlia? Couldn't do a thing. Size and power don't seem related in DBZ.

And as for radiation, I don't think any of the strong fighters really care. They just fly around in space like it's nothing. At least a planet can shield you from most radiation, but hey nobody really cares.

So, I'd say Goku would win easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yeah, and Vegeta spends a lot of time fighting in space. You'd think that if he'd be vulnerable to radiation he would be spending time elsewhere.

I think that goku would win also, Just saying them fighting would for me be interesting. Because godzilla hasn't ever actually died. Defeated yes but not died and it takes alot. He has had his insides torn to shreds and gone on to continue his fight and stroll off screeen top hat and cane singing Hello my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    and yet he's perfectly defeatable with whatever earth can throw at it... while in dbz the best weapon on earth can't even scratch some1 like yamcha... And while radiation isn't really explored in DBZ it doesn't really mean it can do anything to the Z fighers and especially to some1 like Goku that transcended the laws of physics so many times that he's basically god without the ability to actually create stuff... Heck even if Godzilla did manage to destroy his body Goku could still come back as a spirit and kill it... That is ofc assuming that it can even scratch him, which again I really doubt.
    Earth has never defeated Godzilla. Even their most powerful weapon, the Absolute Zero Cannon, did little to hurt him (and it was fired directly into his chest from point blank range).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the G-man would win either. But he'd certainly give the Z Fighters a few surprises.

Earth has never defeated Godzilla. Even their most powerful weapon, the Absolute Zero Cannon, did little to hurt him (and it was fired directly into his chest from point blank range).

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the G-man would win either. But he'd certainly give the Z Fighters a few surprises.
    I'm guessing this absolute zero cannon didn't blow up the Earth? So it's less than 53 quadrillion megatons.

Broly blew up a quarter of the universe. In the observable universe, there's roughly 100 billion galaxies, and roughly 100 billion stars per galaxy. So Broly blew up ~2,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, which had God knows how many planets each. So assuming one, that's 2.5 sextillion*53quadrillion=135 undecillion 500 decillion megatons of force.

And Goku handled Broly without even being SS2. SS3 end of DBZ Goku is vastly, ludicrously more powerful than Broly. There is quite literally no comparison to how significant a cannon that can't even blow up our solar system is compared to a SS3 Goku ki blast. I really don't think Godzilla would do anything but die immediately.

Just to let everyone know there seems to be a preview of the next DBZA episode up on youtube. Looks like good stuff.

Also, as for the Goku vs Godzilla discussion, as surreal as it is to even be having I'd throw my lot in with Goku.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2013-09-01 at 01:33 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0IhyAasWw

Semi relevant to DBZ I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

btw all i can say is this

the only being powerful enough to defeat goku is this

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-09-01 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nail Gun

I guess you could say he...

/sunglasses

Nailed it.

/yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Genn, I disagree. I don't think STTGL can take Goku. I also think there's a few beings in DC Comics that can beat STTGL. For example, DC has a bigger robot.

The Cosmic Armor Thought Robot is designed to handle threats capable of wiping out the entire DC multiverse. The little swirl about the size of its hand is Limbo, the nexus of all DC universes. It is a place of literally incomprehensible size. STTGL, being only 52.8 billion light years from head to toe, if shown to scale, would not even be a single pixel of that picture.

And for the record, I think Goku vs the Cosmic Armor Thought Robot would be a good fight. I would love to see if a full power blast from Goku would be enough to win, but I think a fight like that is too complex and abstract to call, as it's literally dealing with forces that modern science would have no way to quantify. And I'd still give the advantage to Goku.

any of you guys play saltybet? always bet on dbz!

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    any of you guys play saltybet? always bet on dbz!
    Isn't it never bet on dbz? I've seen a lot of DB characters fight and only Future Trunks and Gill (dat hitbox) seem to do well, the rest just waste their time charging up for their big attacks and getting hit in the face.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Lol

Muffin Button!

I wonder where they'll sneak it in again.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    vegeta, how did you become a super saiyan...

HEY VEGETA HEY VEGETA, LOOK IM A SUPER SAIYAN WWWWEEEEEEE

i dont think goku could take hulk. hulk has unlimited potential to become stronger.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    He could just blow up earth with a ki blast.
    that wouldnt kill the hulk.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think goku could take hulk. hulk has unlimited potential to become stronger.
    I think he could. Goku also becomes stronger with each foe he faces, his potential is also unlimited for that matter. And I don't think Hulk can breath in space, but hey I'm not an expert.