Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes. I picked up two leather and two plate on my DK and sent them to respective alts.
    That's pretty sick. Even as a HC raider I love 'catch ups' like this. Makes the game so much more enjoyable on so many levels. I don't understand why people would be against it. It's not like in 496 gear you're suddenly going to be clearing Siege of Orgrimmar (well, maybe the first 3 bosses with an extremely insane group of HC raiders). Anyway, thanks Darsi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem is that 5.4 lacks gear for lfr raiders :S They really shouldn't have let us buy everything with valour...now i have a full set of 530gear making it pretty pointless to do lfr in 5.4 :S

I'd get fired if I were a WoW dev, because I would rant so hard at angry players. Fast gearing for alts through old content doesn't affect you at all, any more than fast leveling through old expansions does. It's obsolete content, and the only way to keep endgame healthy is to allow new players to easily get into it instead of keeping a high level of entry - why would you pick up a 10 year old game for the first time if it took you forever to catch up with your friends that have been playing for years? Stop complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Can someone explain how it works, when you're farming on say a Monk can you get plate items to send to your plate alt user?

Thankies!
    Yes. The items you pick up are Bind-On-Account tokens, which you right-click on and turn into an item appropriate to your chosen spec.

For example, you pick up a plate chest token on your monk, you mail it to your paladin alt, right click it, and it turns into a Retribution-stated chest piece.

This will finally make me gear up my shaman (barley no change in gear since first week of mop) to a point where I can farm mounts on him to.

while we are speaking about gearing up on the isle, do any1 of u know the most efficient way to farm timeless coins?

So far I'm finding the Timeless Isle extremely underwhelming.

For one thing it's tiny. And all the amazing sounding blurbs in Blizzards preview about exploring and adventure is pretty much just a load of crap. Basically you kill mobs and then loot chests that are just sitting there in the open. Or maybe the chests are behind a tree or in a house.

Putting aside the questions of loot and gearing, as a play experience, it's pretty incredibly weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    while we are speaking about gearing up on the isle, do any1 of u know the most efficient way to farm timeless coins?
    A group of 5 and access to a relatively dead realm can get 5000 coins in 30-40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    And you'll still be 57 ilvls behind SOO normal gear.
    Exactly .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    A group of 5 and access to a relatively dead realm can get 5000 coins in 30-40 minutes.
    open chests - get coins in 15-20min... , there was a post with map+guide on front page recently

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    My biggest problem is that 5.4 lacks gear for lfr raiders :S They really shouldn't have let us buy everything with valour...now i have a full set of 530gear making it pretty pointless to do lfr in 5.4 :S
    Upgrade the 528 SoO LFR Gear to 536, or get the 535 Timeless Isle stuff up to 541. Or do Flex? Either way, I think they should have had a Valor vendor with some 553 stuff to keep people who don't do normals capping Valor.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    thats awsome, tho how do they work im assumming they are tokens that you hand in or do u just click them or do u combine them with somthing?
    Just send 'em to your alts and they click and it creates something for their specialization. It's that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nAnHourMap.jpg

Those #2's all over the map are chests that contain 200 - 400 coins each.

FFS. it's for atls so you don't spend days/weeks trying to get gear in T14 LFR and dailies. this is to supposedly satisfy the 90% of us that have 2+alts. it's like people complain for the sake of attention.

I don't get what the issue is i have played WoW for a stupidly long time now and it has always been the same grind your gear, the new patch comes out and you grind more gear. But normally to get gear on par with what you had the last patch was more easy or it was more easy to gear up to be good enough to do current tier raids.

It's a process that allows people to play catch up so they can level new toons, or come back to the game and stuff and just jump into the new tier.

I really don't see what the QQ is about this system it works and is good. So what your gear is now crap when a patch hits and any noob can beat your item level by killing a few mobs or doing some quests.. So what go out do current content and get higher gear if those people really are noobs there gear level will stay behind yours anyway if thats what matters to you.

Staying at the highest possible gear level because you worked hard in 1 tear meaning you never have to work hard in new tiers is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post
    So....I have a newly dinged, I mean ilvl 429, Monk alt....

Logged in this morning, and in less than 2 hours, have 8 pieces of 496 gear, plus an upgrade for a 535 piece of my choice.

Love the idea of treasure hunt.....but I just skipped from ding to ToT in an hour......
    Oh, so you mean to say that it's comparable to 5 mans in cata and wrath? You realize they let you gear up to face current content almost immediately, right? Some people have no memory... or, at least, a selective one.

This is a good thing. End of xpac, people want to see the latest content and gear up alts. Why make them trudge through old content they have seen before? And all of you who complain about Blizz "catering to lazy noobs", yet using these systems to gear up yourself, well, I think you know what I'm getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I was intentionally vague on my opinion of the experience, I just wanted people to see what was possible.

I did the farming ON my alt monk. That wont be possible in a few days/weeks, but on opening day there were so many people things were just dying all over the place.

In truth, I like it. My main is a plate tank and for this tier my RL asked me to go Brewmaster. I agreed, since I love the new challenge. So this helps me a tremdous amount to gear up my new main, plus the isle is fun as hell.

I enjoy seeing the disparity in responses though.....the old school, back in Vanilla we had to walk bare feet in the snow up hill both ways just to get to school every morning crowd (I played in Vanilla), to the new, fresh MoP players who are trained to believe they "deserve" to see content for their subscription fee.

Personally, I have a HC geared main, and I love being able to roll my monk into the final tier of the expansion and be only one step (although a HUGE one) behind. I will be raid ready in 2 weeks......

I'm glad it's fast, to hell with doing LFR to gear up. It's not like it's skilled based, or even persistence based - It's 100% luck, at least timeless isle takes a little bit of persistence.

I don't have a problem with it but it's probably not a good idea to be able to get geared at such an astounding rate outside of raids since most players don't raid.
    "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills." - Mugatu

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    disgusting....
    goes everything that mmo stands for.
    Keep milking the newcomers blizzard
    Don't be silly and condescending.
    It's the end of the EXPANSION. This is a way for alts to get gear and catch up. If you're Elitist, you would have ilvl 60000000 in 5.0.
    So a little bit of shush and let the adults that have a life, family and jobs catch up to you young 'uns that live on Red Bull and have no real life commitments.

MoP was an incredibly alt-hostile expansion. The Timeless Isle is a welcomed gift.

You had half a year to be uber. Let us play catch up.
    Last edited by sandspally; 2013-09-10 at 11:42 PM.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (Cael) is recruiting! Add me to your RealID list (Battle Tag: Fredgalielin#6654)! Looking for raiders for 2 nights a week. Flasks, Food & guild repairs on raid night. Help with gems, enchants & crafted gear!

jokes still on you you still need to run LFR if you want the legendary cloak