Deleted
    I don't know if old W, yet to be rather, is better or not. I personally haven't tested it so I don't know but I'd wager it's probably better from mid/late game compared to the older W. Once again though, I don't know.

Well, Morgana is not a champ that would be wrecking the ladder right now, so at least the intention from Riot should be to buff her. Unless it's a change aimed at balancing the non classic maps.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know if old W, yet to be rather, is better or not. I personally haven't tested it so I don't know but I'd wager it's probably better from mid/late game compared to the older W. Once again though, I don't know.
    Old W was really bad in a way of enemy regaining their MR. They move out your pool and boom, all MR is returned to them. If it could be a 2 second debuff that can be refreshed by auto-attacks (and/or other skills) i would be happy with that, but in the way it works on live i don't even notice this "MR removal" part
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Old W was really bad in a way of enemy regaining their MR. They move out your pool and boom, all MR is returned to them. If it could be a 2 second debuff that can be refreshed by auto-attacks (and/or other skills) i would be happy with that, but in the way it works on live i don't even notice this "MR removal" part
    Yeah, I agree. I never really understood why the debuff is immediately removed. Singed's W was like that too, if I recall, and they 'fixed' it.

I guess they would do the same with Morg but I guess they're changing the ability instead, somewhat to my liking.

Can someone give me some advice on how to rank up divisions in ranked games? I play support and I try the best I can do every game but I always get retarded teammates, I'll win like 1 or 2 games then lose like 4 in a row because of my team and I can never rank up because of it. I started out in silver 2 for the promo games and now I'm in silver 5 and can't get out of it. Some games I'll go like 2/3/19 and still lose because people run into a 1v4. I always ward and I know where to ward at the right times, I mostly play Nami but I have all the other supports am I just getting bad luck or is it really hard to get out of a division?

Deleted
    First thing, I wouldn't recommend trying to rank up by playing support solely. You'll have a have a bad time, you already did, if you only play support in Silver divisions and sometimes in Gold divisions.

Try and widen your roles to carry roles like mid, top, jungle and adc.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Can someone give me some advice on how to rank up divisions in ranked games? I play support and I try the best I can do every game but I always get retarded teammates, I'll win like 1 or 2 games then lose like 4 in a row because of my team and I can never rank up because of it. I started out in silver 2 for the promo games and now I'm in silver 5 and can't get out of it. Some games I'll go like 2/3/19 and still lose because people run into a 1v4. I always ward and I know where to ward at the right times, I mostly play Nami but I have all the other supports am I just getting bad luck or is it really hard to get out of a division?
    Play a role that have an easier time carrying, such as mid or jungle.

If you insist on playing support, try Annie support. To me, she's the easiest to carry with as support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

I think support is a very viable way to go up in rankings.

My experience is before the league system when it was just ELO, but I went from 1400 to 1900 or so by mainly playing supports. The thing is, however, you need to play aggressive supports. Kill lanes. Leona, Annie, Blitz, Thresh. Once you are comfortable with those it gets much easier to carry the game by having a fed ADC.

Of course, you also need a few picks in other roles for the times where there is a duo who calls bot and feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    First thing, I wouldn't recommend trying to rank up by playing support solely. You'll have a have a bad time, you already did, if you only play support in Silver divisions and sometimes in Gold divisions.

Try and widen your roles to carry roles like mid, top, jungle and adc.
    Well, I used to adc but most of the time my support wasn't very good and never warded ect... Someone has to do it so I figured I'd just do it since I know what I'm doing a little more than most people since I played unranked games for so long, watch higher level players play and just read up on stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I think support is a very viable way to go up in rankings.

My experience is before the league system when it was just ELO, but I went from 1400 to 1900 or so by mainly playing supports. The thing is, however, you need to play aggressive supports. Kill lanes. Leona, Annie, Blitz, Thresh. Once you are comfortable with those it gets much easier to carry the game by having a fed ADC.

Of course, you also need a few picks in other roles for the times where there is a duo who calls bot and feeds.
    Or play ranged AP support, build soulstealer, don't die, win teamfights
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Well, I used to adc but most of the time my support wasn't very good and never warded ect... Someone has to do it so I figured I'd just do it since I know what I'm doing a little more than most people since I played unranked games for so long, watch higher level players play and just read up on stuff.
    That's good but thing is, you can't, or at least shouldn't, expect other people to be good when playing in certain divisions. You just can't rely on them to win a game, that's why solo lanes are usually better and easier to carry.

If you play adc assume you're doing it alone. Don't engage and don't overextend because you are now assuming you have no wards in your lane. Pretend you're in a 2v1 lane. Farm, farm, farm, farm, farm. Go in when jungler comes and you understand that it's gankable or if the gank will allow to give you an edge on the lane, as in, the other team being more pressured which means you can farm more or hit the tower often or go do drag, etc, if not, tell the jungler to get out and gank other lanes or counter gank or just go farm in his/her jungle.

Etc.

Small things like this can help you win the game. You just need to understand when to do them and see them before it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, especially in Bronze & Silver... last pick is left as support.

If you -want- to play support, that pretty much guarantees at least one position is a win from the get go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Thing is, especially in Bronze & Silver... last pick is left as support.

If you -want- to play support, that pretty much guarantees at least one position is a win from the get go.
    Yup. I think people recommend solo lanes under the assumption that the person is actually better than the average player in their division/league and will therefore win their lane, but if that were true they probablly wouldnt be stuck there in the first place.

One thing that is being underestimated is that as a support you still a) can win a lane for your adc b) can cover map in wards so your stupid teammates don't just suicide left and right. You won't be the sole carry for your team, but you can be pretty heavy weight that tips the scales. Also with some supports you can either hook for the win (thresh and blitz) or initiate for the win (leona, annie, sona).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    One thing that is being underestimated is that as a support you still a) can win a lane for your adc b) can cover map in wards so your stupid teammates don't just suicide left and right. You won't be the sole carry for your team, but you can be pretty heavy weight that tips the scales. Also with some supports you can either hook for the win (thresh and blitz) or initiate for the win (leona, annie, sona).
    All these things works on both ways. You can't, as a support, win a lane for oyur adc, because you try to contest two players (enemy adc and support), and you won't win 1v2 fights.
    You can't just "cover map in wards" when you lose game, you will be killed (because enemy already warded map and they will see you moving, you need someone to follow you so you won't be easy target for enemy). And even with 100% map vision, some players still will overextend and will pull your team even deeper in shit. Support by definition is the weight that tips the scales, when played correctly, you give your team initiative, and if your allies use it correctly, it will make difference, but if they don't - nothing will help you.
    And again, about map coverage. If your teammates THAT stupid that they suicide, no wards will help them. They will see enemy adc taking wraith camp, they will dive into it, and will get killed by whole enemy team who stood in next unwarded bush in ambush.

And fun fact, major initiator supports fuck their own team more than they fuck enemy team. It varies from grabbing Amumu into your team to flash>zenithblading into enemy bush to vayne+blitz combo and complaining about your adc not helping you
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-10-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    All these things works on both ways. You can't, as a support, win a lane for oyur adc, because you try to contest two players (enemy adc and support), and you won't win 1v2 fights.
    You can't just "cover map in wards" when you lose game, you will be killed (because enemy already warded map and they will see you moving, you need someone to follow you so you won't be easy target for enemy). And even with 100% map vision, some players still will overextend and will pull your team even deeper in shit. Support by definition is the weight that tips the scales, when played correctly, you give your team initiative, and if your allies use it correctly, it will make difference, but if they don't - nothing will help you.
    And again, about map coverage. If your teammates THAT stupid that they suicide, no wards will help them. They will see enemy adc taking wraith camp, they will dive into it, and will get killed by whole enemy team who stood in next unwarded bush in ambush.

And fun fact, major initiator supports fuck their own team more than they fuck enemy team. It varies from grabbing Amumu into your team to flash>zenithblading into enemy bush to vayne+blitz combo and complaining about your adc not helping you
    Guess I forgot to mention if you play support well.

You can make a case for every role. If you go 10-0 and your teammates go 0-40 you will lose no matter what. But you don't play one game. On average playing well even as support can yield you very solid win percentages in low elo. The higher you get the less relevant you become as support, but bronze-silver-gold you can do plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I forgot to mention if you play support well.

You can make a case for every role. If you go 10-0 and your teammates go 0-40 you will lose no matter what. But you don't play one game. On average playing well even as support can yield you very solid win percentages in low elo. The higher you get the less relevant you become as support, but bronze-silver-gold you can do plenty.
    At some point it becomes irrelevant. If you do well as support and enemy support+adc does well at playing their roles, but your adc is a mouthbreather, you won't make it, you won't win lane, you won't be able to ward (your wards gets dewarded, while you can't afford much because you don't get assist money). There is not that much to do at lane when playing support on unfair lane.

From my experience of playing Taric support, i've "won" two matches:
    in one we had afk adc (i took farm, rushed muramana, got "blue" mana+defense items and was second on doing damage)
    in second game we had extremely laggy adc (corki just walked to tower, disconnected and walked away), i've tried to buid muramana, but after taking tear, out Corki reconnected and started farming. I helped him get couple kills and comeback, after 10 minutes of free farming he got back and we finished the game.

Both of these games we've won only because enemy was inexperienced and couldn't play around our adc being afk. They could easily dive kill me couple of times with help of jungler, take tower and keep presure on other lanes. But they played very passive, allowed me to farm, never contested tower/dragon, never took down my wards and they payed for it.
    That's all about "carrying" as support. You can carry bad players against bad players, but you can't carry bad players against good players. Same goes for other characters, but with exceptions. I guess everyone had a Tryndamere in enemy team who got 10 kills in early game and could 1v5 with ease.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-10-13 at 03:59 PM.

The higher you get the less relevant you become as support, but bronze-silver-gold you can do plenty.
    That's the exact opposite of my personal experiences.

In my lower tier games, I didn't see more than one or two good supports, who actually had a significant impact on the game.

Now that I'm Platinum, I see more great supports. I also get to have a bigger impact myself, when I have to support. Because I can count on my teammates to follow up, when I make a play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Winning as support:
    1) Play Thresh
    2) Win lane through mad hook skills
    3) Solo enemy ADC when he tries to farm because your a boss.
    4) Ignore point 3
    5) Win game

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    Play a role that have an easier time carrying, such as mid or jungle.

If you insist on playing support, try Annie support. To me, she's the easiest to carry with as support.
    Or Fiddle. That fear and E, so much damage. Too bad E pushes lane hard. Vs Annie support just go a long range or good escape like Cait/Ez and laugh at Annie trying to stun you while you poke her down. Same with Fiddle but once the fear hits...

If you wanna play a "OP" support in Silver, Janna.
    When i support i get Janna, don't care who the other team has as support. She is literally a "counter" (Depending on your own skill too ofcourse, but a well timed Q can easily interrupt any charge or whatever) to every other support in Silver from my experience. And if played well you can easily carry your lane with it. Just gotta have a adc that knows when to back or that atleast listens to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass