Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    stop being so damn negative. enjoy what you have. when it ends it ends.
    Wise words to remember !
    Current expansion is one of the best (in my opinion of course), next one will probably good too if it continues on current path, so enjoy and play like you want, until the end of time (of world of warcraft of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Wise words to remember ! until the end of time (of world of warcraft of course)
    Also, i think the playerbase will be "recasted" atleast twice before the game ends. so those who are "scared" it's gonna end soon have prob stopped playing by themselfs long before game "stops"
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-10-15 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

First of all, stop ASSUMING that an expac is going to be what you think of when there has been absolutely no solid proof of it first. Yes, it was heavily hinted throughout the MoP storyline that the return of the Legion is likely, but necessarily immediate. It also doesn't mean that it's the next expac.

There's no proof of what the next expansion I'd as of now. Just wait till Blizzcon first and then you'll know.

I think that the word "confirmed" should be voted MMO-C's most misused word.

Deleted
    I read "confirmed" in the title and this term was used based on people talking ingame ? oh god, this should be infracted imo. 30 seconds of my life I wont get back

Blizzard needs to drop a solid teaser because some people are going nutty in the silence, jumping at shadows and redefining basic words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    FWIW, Garrosh heirlooms scale to 100. That's good indication that next expansion ALONE will reach 100.
    Or maybe those heirlooms will carry on to level 100 after a level 95 cap expansion.
    What if they worked just like other heirlooms (get replaced by heroic dungeon blues) and became good again at level 96? No one knows yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Hey guys, I was talking in game with some people and they convinced me that 2 expansions to wow are left and they are already known.

First one 90-95 would be about Great Sea and ending with Queen Azshara and last one 95-100 would be us going to Burning Legion's world and destroying Sargeras there.

I thought about it and that really made sense. Are these really the most likely candidates for last 2 expansions?
    So blizzard released a boa weapon for level 90-100, making it the bis for the whole next expansion?

Someone has given you false information. We'll probably see a level 100 expac next.

I was expecting to see a miss read blue post or something, but no, it was just pointless hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    and then people say 100 is just a number :-)

100 is the new 99.

Party like your 99 again!

I like those naive folks. The game, for Blizzard, is about profit. If the game ain't no longer profitable, e.g. a solid monthly player sub, the game will end. Until then Blizzard will milk the cow till it bleeds.

Deleted
    I'm really starting to hate the word "confirmed".

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    So blizzard released a boa weapon for level 90-100, making it the bis for the whole next expansion?

Someone has given you false information. We'll probably see a level 100 expac next.

I was expecting to see a miss read blue post or something, but no, it was just pointless hearsay.
    i think you missread. and where did you get the assumption that it would be bis for a whole expansion? if its a scaling weapon between 90 and 100 it would obviously be scaled to 95 at 95 and not 100 at 95. so again: how would it be bis?

the way you're thinking is the same as a dragon soul weapon would be better then a 5man hc weapon in mop
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-10-15 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Until I hear news like this from Tom Chilton and Greg Street, it's bullshit.

Deleted
    In BC, it has been hinted that the next expansion would be with Deathwing (Sinestra in shadowmoon) or the Legion (Kil Jaeden in SWP), and it was about the Lich King we hadn't heard about since Naxx40.

In WotLK, it was hinted that the next expansion would be about the Legion (MalGanis in Icecrown), and it was about Deathwing and Elemental lords.

In Cata, people thought again that it would be about the Legion, and it was about Pandaren we hadn't heard about since Warcraft 3 !

In current expansion, there's been hints about the last remnants of Zandalari (Zul is still at large), the Legion is probable too because of Wrathion's vision, Wrathion himself is a good contender because of the end of the Legendary quest, and the Bronze Dragonflight is apparently also hinted as a point of interest in the future. Blizzard also released two mounts strangely close to the Emerald Dream concept.

There's also Nzoth that haven't been dealt with since Cata, Azshara's nagas have captured Neptulon, Bolvar is still in control of the Scourge without us knowing what will emerge of it.

All this to say that there may be hints, but we can't really say for sure what the next expansion would be.
    And there are too many plots pending to say Blizzard doesn't have anything to tell anymore
    Last edited by mmoccdaab7a6f7; 2013-10-15 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can someone have 900+ posts here and not expect the sort of reaction to a question like this that the OP has received?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *IF* Blizzard came up with no new lore/content, then resolving Azshara/NZoth/Emerald Dream/Nightmare would be the 90-95 xpac, and then resolving KJ/Sargeras/Burning Legion would be 95-100, ending the levels on a nice 'milestone' number (95 or 105 would feel weird, but 100 is a solid number in people's minds)

It sounds all neat and tidy and wrapped up in a bow.

But that is assuming development would be done entirely in a vacuum with absolutely no new content pulled out of Blizz's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the deception that wow ends at level 100. IT IS JUST A NUMBER! Even blizzard has said this so they already plan to go beyond it already.

I want the next expansion to go to 101 just to fuck with OCD people like the OP.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-10-15 at 03:47 PM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post

There's also Nzoth that haven't been dealt with Bolvar is still in control of the Scourge
    Only Tirion knows about BBolivar (likewise).
    Considering its been five years since WotLK, I think everyone has turned their attention elsewhere.
    Bolivar is not a villain, he's good, he won't turn on us or anything.

But I'd really like to see him like, use all of that Scourge man power he has avaiable to do something useful (ie, build anti Burning Legion Ray guns or etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Or maybe those heirlooms will carry on to level 100 after a level 95 cap expansion.
    What if they worked just like other heirlooms (get replaced by heroic dungeon blues) and became good again at level 96? No one knows yet.
    Why would they make BiS weapons last 2 expansions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Blizzard needs to drop a solid teaser because some people are going nutty in the silence, jumping at shadows and redefining basic words.
    Well, blizzcon is coming up in like 3 weeks, most likely they will talk about it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    ...WoW will keep going as long as it keeps making money...
    I don't wish to derail a thread that's already thoroughly derailed, but I have a real problem with this.

Should Blizzard keep spouting out expansions so long as the game is making money? What's wrong with making the game because you still love it and your players do? Yes, Blizzard is a business, you don't need to tell me. But surely the idea is that games are fun, rather than profitable.

To me, the OP has described what I think would be the most logical route to take. Azshara is potentially the last major lore figure to be dealt with prior to Sargeras, and the two are intrinsically linked. Sure, more lore could be made up (as it was, to good effect, with MoP)... But do players want to keep being fleeced expansion after expansion while they wait on the final reckoning we all know is coming?

Why not go out at the top?

Why milk as much money as humanly possible?

Why continue down this route of "profit first" that started in Cataclysm?

Fun games are always profitable, assuming they were decently marketed. Profitable games are not always fun.

Somewhere, at some point, Blizzard seem to have forgotten this, and their community happily peddles their message on their behalf.

It's actually quite saddening.