Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP has been my favorite expansion. Only stumbling block was the lack of 5-man dungeons. The raids were amazing, the Monk class was great to play as, and Pandaria was a beautiful continent to explore.

Haters gonna hate.

Deleted
    Its funny how i think that Kung Fu Panda is awesome and MOP is a crapy idiotic expansion.

Its like they would make a Diablo 3 expansion based on Moomoo farm. Oh wait that would be awesome nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    When a joke becomes an expansion, does the entire game become a joke?
    Who knows, but is the expansion a joke?

If we're judging it by subscription numbers, then yes - yes it is.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Is that the best quality argument you can come up with?
    Compared to you? Yes.
    No, I'm just making fun of the claim that 12 year old gamers LOVE panda's.
    Anyone who has ever been within a mile of a kid knows how wrong that statement is.

Maybe you should stop trying to convince everyone that they are wrong in liking Pandaren?
    That is why these discussions go on and on and on.
    A: "I dislike Pandaren."
    B: "I like them."
    A: "You are wrong, they are aimed at children and they have no basis in lore."
    That is how every single one of these threads goes.
    Your theory that ALL 12 years old love skulls and hate pandas must be one of the most idiotic things I've heard in here.

Can't we just let this thread die? Honestly. It's a wasted time here.

For instance, this is a much better read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ses-dark-magic
    And can be more fun for all to participate in, discussing and sharing thoughts and ideas.

Deleted
    Can you quote the post where I said 'ALL' or do you just want to bump your post-count?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    Interesting read, you might want to try it.
    With pleasure.
    How many times do people have to tell it?
    12 year olds go CRAZY over demons and undead, they wouldn't play with "panda's".
    "Blizzard only cares about 12 year olds by making an expansion that 12 year olds do not care about." << See how stupid it sounds?

Can you quote the post where I said 'ALL' or do you just want to bump your post-count?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    Interesting read, you might want to try it.
    There are no one coming out of this thread looking good here, not me, not you, let this thread die. Do yourself that favour.

Deleted
    As if "panda" or "demon" would in any way influence the maturity of this game's content.
    THIS representation of pandas? Yes childish, "epicurean", "bouncy", "nomnom" language...
    If they went for a more "feral, mature" version of pandas less people would complain I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    As if "panda" or "demon" would in any way influence the maturity of this game's content.
    THIS representation of pandas? Yes childish, "epicurean", "bouncy", "nomnom" language...
    If they went for a more "feral, mature" version of pandas less people would complain I guess.
    Though I'm probably way to late to this party, all I can say is: This. The artworks they have of pandaren make them actually look quite decent, wheres their ingame version is a piss poor cliche version of a fat sloth doing martial arts (or other attacks), at least for the male ones. The female Pandaren, even though technically not even the same race as their male counter parts are alot better in that regard, probably the reason why I see mostly female player pandaren. So far I avoided them as much as possible, but when I was offered to buy the transformation item on The Grindy Isle, I couldn't help but try it out. Seriously, the male pandaren are a walking joke, from their model to their animations to even their sound files.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-19 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    If you aren't including all then why is "12 year old gamers LOVE panda's" anything to make fun about? There probably are some 12 year old gamers who love pandas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    OP is full of shit. MoP is childish. Not only childish but cheesy as hell. Up untill this asian themed expansion you could sense that the crowd was "lil" more than 12 years old, now it feels like 12 years olds are all Blizz cares about.
    The biggest demographic of players is 25-39. So I guess they targeted a small group of 12 years old which is under 13 (the lowest legal age to play). Good game.

Deleted
    Haha, I'm scared.. What if I express an opinion they don't like in that other thread?

Thank you, can you now point out the word 'all' or can we stop this straw-man?
    *pat*
    Don't worry, you're alright buddy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I challenge u to a more realistic point...

A typical adult gamer goes into a videogame shop to buy a game, he doesnt know what he wants so hes going to browse the shelves. Lets say he has no knowledge of games around at the time and going to buy purely on what appeals to him in the store...

I can assure u that a game with a kungfu panda on the cover is not going to appeal to him much, hes gonna buy something that looks far more grownup and more designed to cater for his grownup taste. We could even argue that the Wrath of the Lich King cover is much more appealing to him... but cartoon pandas? come on guys be honest lol

The point is that grownups will only buy the kungfu panda cover cos they know what the game is, and impulsive/instinctive purchase by a grownup then its unlikely Mists will get picked up off the shelf.

Its this point which means its totally fair to say that this expansion has been aimed at a younger audience than previous expansions.
    I'll bite on this, as a person of the age of (soon to be 51). Next to Wrath, MoP is my next favorite xpac. WoW is the first game I started playing and is basically the only game I really have time for these days (looking forward to Skyrim Online). I have no issue with the panda on the front cover of the box. I recently purchased WoW Vol'gin Shadows of the Horde. I am only a few chapters in to the book, but after going through every zone and storyline of this xpac and then reading the book. I have got a greater appreciation for the entire xpac.

I love the lore of WoW; it is why I play it. I read every quest, even when I level new character. I also disagree that this xpac was only for the very young (you must of not paid a lot of attention to the whole story being told to you) there was a great deal of trails and lessons learned and overcome, not only for the emperor and his people, but the horde and alliance as well. Some of the stuff can actually be applied to real life situations and struggles.

I totally think many completely over looked what was being taught to them through the pandaren. This might only be a game, but sometime if you actually pay attention to the content that is being presented you can learn a great deal from it. I came into this game with a very open mind when I started playing 7 years ago; it still captures my imagination with every storyline and very quest I do. I guess, being a bit older, allows me to see far beyond the “kungfu panda” reference you want to slap on it.

I dunno, I really love WoW for the environment it creates and I think MoP really helped just expand on that. I enjoyed it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Though I'm probably way to late to this party, all I can say is: This. The artworks they have of pandaren make them actually look quite decent, wheres their ingame version is a piss poor cliche version of a fat sloth doing martial arts (or other attacks), at least for the male ones. The female Pandaren, even though technically not even the same race as their male counter parts are alot better in that regard, probably the reason why I see mostly female player pandaren. So far I avoided them as much as possible, but when I was offered to buy the transformation item on The Grindy Isle, I couldn't help but try it out. Seriously, the male pandaren are a walking joke, from their model to their animations to even their sound files.
    Dude you take a video game way to seriously. If you do not like or want to play a panda, no one is making you do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    OP is full of shit. MoP is childish. Not only childish but cheesy as hell. Up until this asian themed expansion you could sense that the crowd was "lil" more than 12 years old, now it feels like 12 years olds are all Blizz cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The biggest demographic of players is 25-39. So I guess they targeted a small group of 12 years old which is under 13 (the lowest legal age to play). Good game.

I am almost 51, I very much enjoy the present theme of the game. Maybe you really need to pay attention more to what the story is telling you, then just rushing to get through the content to raid or whatever. This xpac had a lot of lessons and struggles presented in through various npc's. Some of those could actually be applied to everyday human life. Problem here is most people just see pretty scenery and cute little panda's running around and are not actually paying attention to the story being told to them.

Maybe you should stop trying to convince everyone that they are wrong in liking Pandaren?
    That is why these discussions go on and on and on.
    A: "I dislike Pandaren."
    B: "I like them."
    A: "You are wrong, they are aimed at children and they have no basis in lore."
    That is how every single one of these threads goes.
    I am not out to convince anyone, that is you.

I do not personally like pandas and I won't be convinced by some forum troll like you.

Just shoo.

I have a feeling most people who trash the expansion never bothered to look beyond the Pandaren.

Mists was actually a very dark and gritty expansion that was simply "hidden" underneath a colorful exterior. But that requires reading quest text or actually listening/watching NPC events both in the dungeons and in the world.

This was probably the darkest overall expansion and the one with the best and most storytelling provided in actual game content. Wrath had great storytelling as well but there was a lot more "out of left field" enemies with no setup and much of the lore leading into it and about it were tied into books and games of the past. MoP did an extremely solid job of writing its own story over time through the actual game. While the ending was a bit of "lolwhat?" the ride was extremely enjoyable.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-10-19 at 06:18 PM.

my beef with mop is the actual land of pandaria. i don't think it's very well designed and put together, the zones are very bland and forgettable imo. which is sad cause zone design in wow was really great up to mop. and i actually like asian themes... it could have been so much more.

raids look good though (well, as good as they can look with the current 'come up with bosses first, design location around them later' philosophy) and pandas don't bother me at all (seriously, we had little girls with pink hair tanking spawns from hell since vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    my beef with mop is the actual land of pandaria. i don't think it's very well designed and put together, the zones are very bland and forgettable imo. which is sad cause zone design in wow was really great up to mop. and i actually like asian themes... it could have been so much more.

raids look good though (well, as good as they can look with the current 'come up with bosses first, design location around them later' philosophy) and pandas don't bother me at all (seriously, we had little girls with pink hair tanking spawns from hell since vanilla).
    Don't forget squid faced space goats and talking cattle.

Apparently Pandaren were Blizzard crossing the line /eyeroll

Deleted
    And how am I trying to convince people into liking Pandaren?
    PS. You're not, no?
    So this isn't from the first post you made in this thread: "MOPpers are the immature bunch with their hysteria every time people criticize MOP."
    Good for you.
    1. Accept that some people DO like them without attacking them for it.
    2. Calling people a troll isn't allowed.
    Because you say so? How about no.
    Why don't you come up to with a couple of answers to post #289?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Don't forget squid faced space goats and talking cattle.

Apparently Pandaren were Blizzard crossing the line /eyeroll
    Aaaaaand as usual good points are completely skipped...