Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Well it does open the world for more a beautiful and explorable design. Think of all the boring ass unclimbeable hills in vanilla and TBC, MoP especially changed that the with high towering rockformation, loved when flying was finally avaible and see what was up there
    There wasn't anything up there since you couldn't make your way up there anyway. Exploring on a fly mount isn't really exploring, you're not following any roads, you're not crossing any bridges, lakes or rivers, you're not overcoming any dangers or using your wits as how to best tackle a certain obstacle. You're just sitting on your bloody fly mount flying past it all.

Well it does open the world for more a beautiful and explorable design.
    No it doesnt. Are you honestly saying that if there were no flying mounts, the art quality would be the same as vanilla 8+ years ago? You can attribute any and all art improvements to the fact that flying mounts exist now? Even for indoor areas and zones where you cant fly? What are people here smoking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Newsflash, there's a huge difference between instanced PvP and world PvP. World PvP = big uncontrolled battles out of sheer fun, to get back at those bastard Alliance/Horde who dare trespass on our borders.
    Battlegrounds = "101 n00bz0rz! u t00k my f14g111!1!", "101z, u a11 5uck!", "ur m0th3r!" etc, nothing but lame flaming between immature morons. Granted you encounter such people in the world as well, but at the very least you don't play with them, but rather get the chance to bash their skull in.
    I know the difference, I also understood Blizzard gives zero fucks about it and would likely have removed if ot wasn't for extremist glorification.

Also yes it is awesome, except the big battle to ganking ratio is like 1:1000...

10+ Year Old Account
    flying is one of the beast features, it would be boring not to have it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No it doesnt. Are you honestly saying that if there were no flying mounts, the art quality would be the same as vanilla 8+ years ago? You can attribute any and all art improvements to the fact that flying mounts exist now? Even for indoor areas and zones where you cant fly? What are people here smoking.
    Is design not requied to look different/good if it is visible from a sphere of angles? Also 2D flat surface exploring < 3D exploring, imo.

Wow, it's this thread again? It's simply unbelievable.

Deleted
    Everything would be alot slower.

Deleted
    There wasn't anything up there since you couldn't make your way up there anyway. Exploring on a fly mount isn't really exploring, you're not following any roads, you're not crossing any bridges, lakes or rivers, you're not overcoming any dangers or using your wits as how to best tackle a certain obstacle. You're just sitting on your bloody fly mount flying past it all.
    I saw and encountered all that shit in leveling... When you have seen it all, I don't want mobs and terrain in my way.

Honestly: The game would have been better without flying from WOTLK onwards. It shouldve just been a themed perk of TBC in hindsight.

Flying mounts is one of the best examples where blizz SHOULDNT have listened to players requests wanting them everywhere.
    How so? I highly doubt that the vast majority of players look around in awe at the zone scenery every time they pass through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much the same i would have thought other than more flight paths being added...

I've leveled lots of alts from 1-60 where there isn't any flying and i don't suddenly get immersed in the story just because i have to run between quest points -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-10-25 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    I know the difference, I also understood Blizzard gives zero fucks about it and would likely have removed if ot wasn't for extremist glorification.

Also yes it is awesome, except the big battle to ganking ratio is like 1:1000...
    1000 vs 1? Really now, that's interesting. All of my world PvP experiences were usually somewhat fair, albeit one side usually had more, that didn't always matter if you played it correctly. And if that still didn't work out, you could always get more guildies/friends to join in. Even to this day, I got lots of people in the guild who love to join in on some good ol' world PvP if one of our own is ganked, we have social people in the guild who's only real interest is world PvP. That thrill of excitement, of not knowing what will happen next, the fact that there isn't any time limit or any reward other than fun, is what makes it glorious.

Blizzard doesn't give 0 fucks about it, otherwise they wouldn't have made areas like Halaa, Blue Sky Logging Grounds (Grizzly hills daily quest area meant for world PvP), another area with no name in Grizzly hills between Conquest Hold and Amberpine Lodge, Wintergrasp, Tol'barad, even the item Hardened Shell seems to be primarily meant for world PvP.

It's more a case of, they fucked up and made fly mounts, the damage is done and there is little they can do other than restrict them in areas like the isles, and during level up in new expansions. There's too much development time that's gone into making the mounts, and there's too many people that like them to flat out remove them.

Deleted
    I saw and encountered all that shit in leveling... When you have seen it all, I don't want mobs and terrain in my way.
    And it's exactly this kind of attitude that fly mounts brings forth, it's sickening... Perhaps we should remove all the trash mobs in dungeons and raids as well, they are in the way right?

Deleted
    there is quite a simple way to describe this.

if you have gotten world explorer(i did) in kalimdor/eastern kingdoms before we actually could fly in there, and had to do it all on a ground mount, then i imagine that is what it would be like, and i actually have nothing against it.

at least flightpaths would be much more usefull then they are today.

Deleted
    It would probably make the game seem dull extremely fast. Vanilla was amazing because it was new, and it was my first MMO.

If flying mounts would never be introduced the feel of a massive world would be more present, flight paths would be more useful and most likely the world would feel more imerssive.

At least that is my opinion, even though flying mounts did make travel way easier, it did come at the cost of the feeling of scale.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    The world would not be as beautiful & most zones would be not as cool & just become annoying.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    1000 vs 1? Really now, that's interesting. All of my world PvP experiences were usually somewhat fair, albeit one side usually had more, that didn't always matter if you played it correctly. And if that still didn't work out, you could always get more guildies/friends to join in. Even to this day, I got lots of people in the guild who love to join in on some good ol' world PvP if one of our own is ganked, we have social people in the guild who's only real interest is world PvP. That thrill of excitement, of not knowing what will happen next, the fact that there isn't any time limit or any reward other than fun, is what makes it glorious.

Blizzard doesn't give 0 fucks about it, otherwise they wouldn't have made areas like Halaa, Blue Sky Logging Grounds (Grizzly hills daily quest area meant for world PvP), another area with no name in Grizzly hills between Conquest Hold and Amberpine Lodge, Wintergrasp, Tol'barad, even the item Hardened Shell seems to be primarily meant for world PvP.

It's more a case of, they fucked up and made fly mounts, the damage is done and there is little they can do other than restrict them in areas like the isles, and during level up in new expansions. There's too much development time that's gone into making the mounts, and there's too many people that like them to flat out remove them.
    Different server different experience.

Also do you really want to bother all the PvE servers just so the minority on PvP servers can get back their thrills. As you said they did makes amends to the flying mounts by restricting it through leveling and made the isles a nonfly zone, at least applaud them for giving a single fuck a about WPvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly: The game would have been better without flying from WOTLK onwards. It shouldve just been a themed perk of TBC in hindsight.

Flying mounts is one of the best examples where blizz SHOULDNT have listened to players requests wanting them everywhere.
    Opinions always fine & I respect them, but there have been worst things than Flying mounts being added.

Without flying mounts the game would of gotten more dull years ago, have so many beautiful zones cause of flying mounts. People just need to give up this whole Flying Mounts are bad thing & realize if Flying Mounts go than Arenas & LFR go aswell.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Different server different experience.

Also do you really want to bother all the PvE servers just so the minority on PvP servers can get back their thrills. As you said they did makes amends to the flying mounts by restricting it through leveling and made the isles a nonfly zone, at least applaud them for giving a single fuck a about WPvP
    I have already commented on how fly mounts affected experiences outside of world PvP, you should scroll up and re-read it.

Also I'm not suggesting that they remove the fly mounts now, it's far too late for that and would do loads more harm than good. I'm saying they should never have introduced them to begin with, the game would have been far more awesome without them. The only real way of getting rid of them altogether is to make WoW 2 without fly mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Everything would be alot slower.
    This sums it up pretty well. Although the little extra world PvP would be nice.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED