Poll: How do you feel about the Lone Wolf talent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It says that you gain a 30% dmg increase without an active pet. Theoretically you can still use your pet for certain situations, such as soloing, pvp (no idea how it would work for pvp. Haven't pvped on my hunter in AGES, etc.).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The Lone Wolf talent makes me actually want to play a hunter now. I hate pet management; it never works the way I want. I sooooooo love sacrificing my minion as a Warlock so now I'm inclined to try Hunter in the new expac.
    These sort of posts makes zero sense to me.

You hate pet management, but there is zero to no pet management in PvE really, outside of using the skills that YOU WILL LOSE with this talent, unless they change it, then again that can be argued to not be pet management at all, since you just click a button that gives your freedom, sac etc.

If you are talking PvP, then again it makes no sense since you will lose vital abilities with the talent in its current state.

Deleted
    Fucking finally is all that needs to be said.

I will never abandon my faithful nightsaber companion, but I like the option for those who want a more pet-less ranger.

Personally I'd prefer pet with some melee & range mix utility for a Rexxar type ranger/hunter in Survival
    No pet archer for Marksman
    Powerful pet for Beast Master

But I don't expect that to ever happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    Fucking finally is all that needs to be said.
    Finally what?! Are you really unaware of the fact that the only way this change can be pozitive is in dungeons and raids?! You will still need a pet to tank for you while questing and farming at 100, unless you're feeling like you can tank 2 or 3 mobs all by yourself or perhaps kite each and every mob you come across.

Also, you will still need the pet in pvp. This isn't even up for debate. You will not be getting the pet's abilities to use for yourself, nor any ability that requires an active pet (roar of sacrifice, spirit bond, master's call etc).

So I really don't see what's "finally".

The way they implemented it was boring and lacking creativity, but i'm happy that I have the option. Sometimes I don't feel like dealing with a pet, and I should have the option not to.

After attempting immersius hc I welcome a spec without a pet

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    There's plenty of arguments to not add this talent, "there's a reason the class is called Hunter" is not one of them. Being a hunter in no way requires an animal companion. Certainly not any more so than the Ranger archetype of RPGs.
    It's a perfectly fine argument. Have you never heard of hunters bringing dogs to a hunt to scare out birds and what not? A hunter is more associated with animals than a ranger/archer, by far.

Imho it should just nerf pets damage for surv/mm by 99% so that you can still have your pet around you for buffs and abilities or just peeping your target in combat (for pvp purposes) but still make you not loose much if you decide to not have him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Master's call? sac? Those abilities needs to be added into the talent.
    And lynx rush + blink strikes needs to do something else when you have a petless talent.
    Then I would be 100% okey with it.

Now its horrible.
    This is just a preview, and they said they will more often divide talents into different stuff for different specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    It's strictly a PVE talent. In PVP you will still need the extra pet abilities as well as the extra thing to stop a rogue from sapping/blinding you and capping the flag.

The wowy talent doesn't give the hunter the pet's abilities, if it did, mayhap it would have been a good talent for pvp.
    Maybe they will change more and there is no more "kill the hunter pet" on arenas.

Seems like a good idea for some situations. For others, losing a pet skill like intimidate will make it a pretty poor choice.

Deleted
    I love it, but if i know blizz right BM will probably be the top dog spec again or this talent will be the one that provides the worst dmg among the 3 last talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javierin View Post
    What are we gonna do if we don't give bufs anymore? No utility in raid
    Well if history tells us anything, mages argued that they should have the best possible damage because of the lack of utility.

Less utility means you get to have more damage. /sarcasm......Or is it???

Quote Originally Posted by Minihunter View Post
    Considering the buffs I have to bring to my 10m team I doubt I will ever be able to use that option, but on some fights (like Immerseus....) I'd love to have that option, not because I dont like pets, but because they bug constantly.
    Maybe the buff you provide will depend on the pet you dismiss?

Too early to tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Finally what?! Are you really unaware of the fact that the only way this change can be pozitive is in dungeons and raids?! You will still need a pet to tank for you while questing and farming at 100, unless you're feeling like you can tank 2 or 3 mobs all by yourself or perhaps kite each and every mob you come across.

Also, you will still need the pet in pvp. This isn't even up for debate. You will not be getting the pet's abilities to use for yourself, nor any ability that requires an active pet (roar of sacrifice, spirit bond, master's call etc).

So I really don't see what's "finally".
    Arrogance, much?
    You have no idea what the final version of the talent will be. You have no idea if you lose all the pet's buffs (for all we know it could work just like sacrifice where you can a version of the pet ability when you dismiss it).

All I see is an angry knee-jerk reaction screaming that the sky is falling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    The way they implemented it was boring and lacking creativity, but i'm happy that I have the option. Sometimes I don't feel like dealing with a pet, and I should have the option not to.
    It hasn't been implemented yet..

the BEST talent we've seen so far for any class.

Deleted
    Having never played hunter in depth, only casually as an alt or with my friends max level hunter, I always felt like it was a fire and forget sorta thing.

Deleted
    Alpha version idea looks unfinished-We need something like Animal Bond-You merge with your animal companion, gaining its' buff ability(+5% crit, mastery etc, so you still bring raid versatility) and as mentioned couple other spells that are bound to your pet, like Master's Call

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it! But people are forgetting that it is ONE of THREE talent choices for lvl 100, it's not "Boom now all Surv and MM hunters don't get pets!" You get to chose the option too. I see this talent being picked for BM for the extra pet buffs and what not, and Surv/MM hunters picking up Bola shot instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    It's a perfectly fine argument. Have you never heard of hunters bringing dogs to a hunt to scare out birds and what not? A hunter is more associated with animals than a ranger/archer, by far.
    Yes, I have heard of people hunting with animals. Thing is, I said it wasn't required, not that it isn't done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_...nger_archetype

Taming, calming or charming animals
    Saying that Hunters are MORE associated with animal companions than the RPG Archetype of a Ranger is false. You could argue that they're about equal, maybe even slightly in favor of one or the other. The argument you can't make is that Hunters are associated with animal companions and Rangers aren't, THAT's why it isn't a valid argument.

I find it funny that some players voted "I hate it"
    This is not forced on you, you could easily pick other talents, or if you're BM - any of the three and still have a pet.
    Don't force your opinion on others, I would like to get rid of that little fucker sometimes, and I'm glad Blizz is (probably) going to give us such option.