Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida

Entry level jobs with little human interaction.

What are some common entry level jobs that have little to no human interaction. Well to be specific with strangers/customers. As someone who can't stand being in a crowd, speak in public, and find it difficult to talk to people in general I cant work a cash register, so Im wondering what kinda jobs would suit me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    warehouse jobs, night time jobs, dish washer, a lot of office jobs. also night jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garbage man? Good money there. Working 3rd shift at a department store cleaning floors or restocking shelves. Ummm what else. Working nights at schools doign janitor work? I know many many schools are always looking for those. You get a key and work when no one else is there. Off the top of my head, those would suit you I think.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Janitor. May want to try and work on those people skills though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    What are some common entry level jobs that have little to no human interaction. Well to be specific with strangers/customers. As someone who can't stand being in a crowd, speak in public, and find it difficult to talk to people in general I cant work a cash register, so Im wondering what kinda jobs would suit me.
    Stop thinking that you can't work a cash register. It might make you uncomfortable at first, but you'll be fine. If you have difficulty talking with people, think of a register job as a way to help become comfortable with speaking with people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Janitor. May want to try and work on those people skills though.
    Yeah I agree. The longer you go without tryign to work on it, the worse it gets.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    warehouse jobs, night time jobs, dish washer, a lot of office jobs. also night jobs.
    This is what i'd say is worth looking into aswell. However even they will have some level of human interaction plus the interview process will require a fair chunk of interaction that may be hard to handle if your not comfortable in those situations. Good luck though I'd say night jobs will be your best bet as most people don't like to do night shifts.

inventory takers, I did inventory for 3-4 yrs with RGIS(there are many other companies including Washington who does I believe most of Walmart stores or did when I did inventory). Its actually a great job for the unskilled or introverted but also has room for movement if you so choose. The only major downfall is that there are very dry times, like December but easy to get stocking or warehouse work then.

Avoiding development of an essential life skill isn't really a great plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

This. You need to develop people skills if you are going to ever have a real "career".

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want something more extreme and maybe make a career out of it, get a training to be a fireman / fire-woman. Don't really have to socialize much if you don't want to, just be tough. Not an entry level job but still.. You don't want to get stuck on an entry level job anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easier said than done.

As someone who gets extreme anxiety attacks, hell I can get them just sittin on my couch watching tv, its pretty damn hard to go and try and talk to people.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Easier said than done.

As someone who gets extreme anxiety attacks, hell I can get them just sittin on my couch watching tv, its pretty damn hard to go and try and talk to people.
    I don't doubt that it's hard, but the choice is basically to have it be insanely hard (and only get harder) for the remaining 50+ years of life, or deal with it being shitty for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I've already decided to become a recluse/hermit for the rest of my life i just need to get some working experience and money to sustain such lifestyle. If I were normal I wouldn't want to be related in any way to a person like me (too much baggage), so I try to do people a favor by staying out of their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt that it's hard, but the choice is basically to have it be insanely hard (and only get harder) for the remaining 50+ years of life, or deal with it being shitty for a bit.
    anxiety attacks don't just magically go away. I've had them all my life and there's only one thing that's helped with them.

Well I'm not very social either and I have worked in customer service for years now. Most people aren't complete assholes, and it actually makes my otherwise boring day more interesting when I get an uberdouche or a weirdo customer.

Anyways, if you're 18, than working at a place like Fedex or UPS is a good bet...you don't usually get full-time hours to start with but the pay is about 4 dollars more than min wage in my state and the people you'd have to deal with would just be co-workers if you work in the warehouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already decided to become a recluse/hermit for the rest of my life i just need to get some working experience and money to sustain such lifestyle. If I were normal I wouldn't want to be related in any way to a person like me (too much baggage), so I try to do people a favor by staying out of their lives.
    With all due respect, I think your life style is...well it just not healthy. I get not being sociable but being a hermit isn't all that cracked up to be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I worked at a hospitals laundry facility.. No human interaction (because of the noise).
    Only downside to that is the poop-shift. Putting shitty clothes, en masse, into those insanely large washers. But even then, it paid an extra ammount an hour; so it wasn't AS bad as it could be.
    Worst part of it though, is being on the "emptying pockets" shift. If a doctor forgot a needle in a pocket, you could get stung. But again, plus side, the hospital is right next door; and that never happended to anyone - it just kind of stayed in my head, that it was possible.
    I like juice

I think therapy is a better option than fifty years of misery.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    anxiety attacks don't just magically go away. I've had them all my life and there's only one thing that's helped with them.
    I didn't suggest magic. I suggested learning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roadkill cleaner
    Crimescene cleaner
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s