Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I believe last night was our fastest run, 3h30 to clear all 14 bosses.

Only way to make this faster would have zero buyers and zero roster swap. Sadly Garrosh wipes waste you a lot of time.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I believe last night was our fastest run, 3h30 to clear all 14 bosses.

Only way to make this faster would have zero buyers and zero roster swap. Sadly Garrosh wipes waste you a lot of time.
    Well. Not wiping to garrosh would also be an option to make it faster =P. We wiped once last reset in our sub 3 hr, on Nazgrim of all bosses (tank yolo'd the boss through totems on the last wave by mistake, so he healed up to +60%). You aren't guaranteed to wipe on Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our best attempt at this was back when we were progressing on Blackfuse HC (extended lockout since): in 3.5h hours everything up to Thok and 30min on Blackfuse. - but 3.5h
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    You can easily clear the entire instance on heroic in 3 hours or less if you have half decent raiders. It's really not that hard.
    Lol - ur definition of half decent raiders is pretty impressive

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Lol - ur definition of half decent raiders is pretty impressive
    I'd bet most "real" raiders (see: those who actually try playing to the best of their ability, min/max, can actually use their eyes, and brains on the fly, etc) have the same definition of "half decent" raiders...

TBT, someone who thinks 3 hours for a full clear is an "impressive" group of raiders, is exactly not the mentioned "half decent" raider(s).

We've cleared 10H, and as of last night 25H also. On a good night we get to siegecrafter, bad night spoils.

Since this has strayed away from the original question and ended up with a bunch of dick waving, let me offer a few tips on speeding your runs up.

-If you have any assignments to make, do them during trash. No need to stand in front of the boss for 5 mins talking. Same goes for sorting loot.
    -Have one single break about midway, losing 10 minutes total is much better than having people afk randomly.
    -If you are making swaps, have it communicated ahead of time. i.e if someone is coming in for Juggernaut, they should be ready to go while Galakras is dying, and the guy leaving should HS asap. If they are not ready to go, they lose their spot and you keep rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'd bet most "real" raiders (see: those who actually try playing to the best of their ability, min/max, can actually use their eyes, and brains on the fly, etc) have the same definition of "half decent" raiders...

TBT, someone who thinks 3 hours for a full clear is an "impressive" group of raiders, is exactly not the mentioned "half decent" raider(s).
    Look at all the answers above. How many groups do you see clearing the entire instance (including garrosh) on heroic within 3 hours? You won't find many (most are happy to get to Siegecraft by 3 hours), well, TBT not many guilds have cleared full heroic too. I guess then your definition of half decent raider includes having heroic garrosh on farm? Damn, I wish I was a half decent raider (currently progressing on heroic garrosh).

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when we were rolling/starting fresh every week, we could usually kill H Nazgrim around break time (halfway point) and few pulls on H Thok by the end of Tuesday night (3 hours).

Started clearing again last night for the first time since the 10H lockout extensions for Blackfuse, Klaxxi, and Garrosh...it was a little rough to say the least. Hit a wall on H Dark Shamans, partly due to having completely different healers than what we normally had on that fight. Without the unfortunate Dark Shamans incident, we probably would have gotten to at least Spoils. Player swapping, wipes, DCs, and small strat changes can definitely waste some time. Plus there was probably some post H Garrosh kill hangover.

We usually get to thok in 3 hours on our best nights, but I always find myself shouting on vent GOGOGOGOGOGGO every tuesday cuz our group is pretty laid back and ppl have mental age of 5 as soon we leave combat >.>

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You have *very* skewed perception of "half decent" and "not that hard". Three hours for fourteen bosses is not easy, nor is it slow. Maybe if this was a speed run, with no looting, chain pulling, no swaps, no respecs, very high ilvl for very fast kills and not a single wipe on anything.

That, or it's just typical "I IS AWESOME" post and you know fully well this isn't easy, but expected praise and awe.
    I'm gonna say this is pretty spot on for a pretty arrogant post. Last night we actually did one shot up to nazgrim and it took most of 3 hour window. We did start 30 min late and took a 5 minute break. Doing some very simple math here's the BS flag on the easy to full clear in 3 hours. 3 hours = 180 minutes. 180/14= 12.86 minutes. Versus 180/8=22.5 minutes. Or the run I had last night for example taking our loss of 35 minutes into account 145/8=18.13. This is only factoring in bosses obviously. So claiming that it's easy to kill all 14 bosses plus clearing trash in between in less than 13 minutes per boss is a bit hard to swallow. 20 minute ballpark however is much more believable.

Obviously the trash between some takes longer than others, but give me a break. If you're going to claim you're a WoW God at least do the math before making up a ridiculous claim.

well, we only cleared 7 heroics (or 8?) so far, but I think a good night should be at least half of the bosses without wipes, with loot and with swaps.

Usually my guild gets through Malkorok in one night, 3 hours. We have some undergeared people and the occasional fuckup on Nazgrim still happens. Best circumstances we clear through Spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Obviously the trash between some takes longer than others, but give me a break. If you're going to claim you're a WoW God at least do the math before making up a ridiculous claim.
    [16:35:29.318] Ahanss casts Growl on Immerseus
    [19:35:51.113] Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver dies
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-71xwj7e88hwhzxe1/

3hr 22s from pulling Immerseus to killing paragons. 1 Wipe to IJ (probably someone failing to respec or something ), 1 wipe to Thok, 2 quick wipes to Paragons, and a 10m break between some of the paragons pulls. Take those out and a guild that could 1-shot garrosh would easily have him dead. I'm really not sure why a 3hr clear is so unbelievable. Granted that was our fastest re-clear to date, but still, 1-shot every boss and you'll beat 3 hrs with some time to spare.

Typically we expect to at least be at siegecrafter, or preferably paragons by break time (2hr 30mins in). We'll usually end up clearing 13/14H in ~4 hours. Other than the obvious "don't wipe", the best ways to speed it up are to do loot/trash quickly; have people that show up early clear immerseus trash, skip what you can on norushen trash, pull EVERYTHING with sha (people that don't wanna die can wuss out and hide in Norushen's room ), etc.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-03-03 at 10:42 PM.

We're usually sitting at spoils or malkorok by break (2 hours). Could be faster, we spend a decent amount of time doing swaps/loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    We cleared SoO this week in 3 hours and 20 minutes, due to wiping on Siegecrafter once and Garrosh once at the start. Without those wipes we probably could've cleared very easily in 2.5 hours or ~3.

-Edit-

Mind you that we d/e mostly all of the loot due to how long we have been killing bosses before Thok.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

We usually clear through H-Malkorok. Our best was clearing through H-Spoils. Our worst is derping for 1 or 2 pulls on Malkorok because people are tired/sick. In 3 hours, not a 4 hour raid night.

1) Reducing wiping is obviously key to reducing your time.

2) Have subs at the entrance ready to run in. I can't tell you how much time we waste because people are running from nowhere and our lock decides to randomly afk and not summon people.

3) Discuss subs for the fight after/loot from the fight previous during trash. Subs for the current fight should be zoning in during trash.

4) Necessary talent changes done during trash.

5) Reduce random AFKs. I don't know why it is hard for people to sit at a desk for 4 hours straight, but apparently it is. My old guild would do 4 hour nights with literally no breaks except random 1m bios during trash/occasional wipe. That group would easily clear H-SoO in 3-4 hours, if it still existed. My current guild, people randomly disappear constantly, and they always seem to do after killing all the trash and we're waiting to pull the boss. That and our officer core seems to want to discuss something none of us can see in officer chat for 5 minutes before every pull. Our tank goes to smoke between IJ and Shamans and does *none* of that trash. That's pretty infuriating, from the guy who prefers quick, professional clears. And as mentioned, our warlock mysteriously goes deaf/afk every time we want him to summon someone.

Deleted
    Paragon cleared in ~2,5hours this week, including 4 wipes on Thok.
    Take that as you will-

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    You can easily clear the entire instance on heroic in 3 hours or less if you have half decent raiders. It's really not that hard.
    Would LOVE to see proof of this in any way whatsoever. My guild is pretty efficient, one shots all of these farm bosses and does it all very quickly, has many ranking players, and in a 3 hour window gets to spoils or thok depending on whether or not we start on time.

Alternately I subbed in on a top 10 guild run and they made it to malk in 3 hours. Finishing the whole instance 14/14H in under 3 hours would be deserving of a feat of strength, 3.5-4 hours is more likely. To clear in under 3 a guild would have to be really trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    We cleared SoO this week in 3 hours and 20 minutes, due to wiping on Siegecrafter once and Garrosh once at the start. Without those wipes we probably could've cleared very easily in 2.5 hours or ~3.

-Edit-

Mind you that we d/e mostly all of the loot due to how long we have been killing bosses before Thok.
    So 2 wipes cost you between 30 and 50 minutes? Those must have been REALLY disheartening wipes .....
    Last edited by fiestatastic; 2014-03-03 at 09:06 AM.

A full clear at around 4 hours is a good challenge/goal. It can be done quicker, maybe even closer to 3.5 hours if you push it, but that would be with little to no wipes and limited breaks/swapping etc.

If a guild wanted to go for a "speed run" with a single set group, it could be done much quicker, but that is not really the question in the OP.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2014-03-03 at 09:23 AM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week