Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Haha. Just as I thought, you misunderstood what he was saying and started screaming that the sky is falling. He says that at LAUNCH, there will be no flying at all. Meaning that no flying while leveling and no flying at max level. NOT no flying throughout the entire xpack.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    People need to stop and think:

Blizz has made a point of selling Flying mounts. They made a point of adding flight to every expansion thus far. They've even stated that 6.1 will include some small "legendary type" quest where flying will be unlocked, rather than just purchased for a hefty sum. 60 pages of people making mountains of molehills when common sense dictates there will ALWAYS be flight in the bulk of an expansion. The main reason I will NEVER return to Vash'Jir is because there is no flying available.

They are even including a FLYING mount with the Collector's Edition. Come on people. Think. I promise, knowledge is not our enemy.
    I love that movie but the quest chain they are proposing may upset too many players IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how you can object to flying if you don't also object to ground-only mounts, or running.

Maybe we should be limited to only walking in the game otherwise we'll miss out on pvp and art and shit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    We can't fly during leveling anyway, which is when you do 99% of the questing.
    Dailies and the new TI content is considered as questing I guess. Flying would kinda interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I don't see how you can object to flying if you don't also object to ground-only mounts, or running.

Maybe we should be limited to only walking in the game otherwise we'll miss out on pvp and art and shit.
    Why are you in a hurry? Do you want to miss all the hard work that they made? No running, you have to walk!

We can't fly during leveling anyway, which is when you do 99% of the questing.
    They think that without flying mounts we'll want to explore more. Well, for me this will just give me another reason to not leave a major city/my garrison (altho I'll probably not be there because of orc stuffs).

The issue Blizzard have with flying is not that their pretty trees won't be seen, it's that it trivializes world content. Like in TBC, where some places would have canons or something to shoot you down if you were flying to prevent you from just flying over everything. It limits Blizzard a lot when they can't make certain content because they have to outsmart flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The issue Blizzard have with flying is not that their pretty trees won't be seen, it's that it trivializes world content. Like in TBC, where some places would have canons or something to shoot you down if you were flying to prevent you from just flying over everything. It limits Blizzard a lot when they can't make certain content because they have to outsmart flying.
    Problem is, if there was no flying in MoP it'd not make the game "harder" just make it take more time. Currently there is no challenge, not even in Timeless isle (except those mobs that do that charge that hits for like 40% of ur HP) or Cinderfall (if you are melee).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh poor Blizzard, I feel so sorry for them that they actually have to think about their game design. I'm sorry, but they introduced a useful, fun, and wildly popular feature, now they want to QQ that they have to put a little more effort into their game? Less QQ more pewpew Blizz. And frankly, you could apply this argument to any aspect of the game. Blizz has to put in special this or special that to deal with cool thing A or cool thing B. Sorry, sometimes new stuff presents new challenges. I thought that's why people kept buying these expansions, ya know, for new content and new challenges? I figure if I've paid Blizz more for WoW than my entire entertainment system, they can suck it up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Problem is, if there was no flying in MoP it'd not make the game "harder" just make it take more time. Currently there is no challenge, not even in Timeless isle (except those mobs that do that charge that hits for like 40% of ur HP) or Cinderfall (if you are melee).
    Are you serious? All the jumping puzzles and stuff wouldn't be a thing if flying was available on the isle. It would trivialize the isle a lot.
    Ohhh poor Blizzard, I feel so sorry for them that they actually have to think about their game design. I'm sorry, but they introduced a useful, fun, and wildly popular feature, now they want to QQ that they have to put a little more effort into their game? Less QQ more pewpew Blizz. And frankly, you could apply this argument to any aspect of the game. Blizz has to put in special this or special that to deal with cool thing A or cool thing B. Sorry, sometimes new stuff presents new challenges. I thought that's why people kept buying these expansions, ya know, for new content and new challenges? I figure if I've paid Blizz more for WoW than my entire entertainment system, they can suck it up.
    It doesn't matter what I say, you'll probably twist my words and live by your avatar's wisdom. I will say that I'm very happy that we won't have flying in the world for 6.0, as it's just much more awesome for various reasons, which I hope will be clear once we see it in action in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what I say, you'll probably twist my words and live by your avatar's wisdom. I will say that I'm very happy that we won't have flying in the world for 6.0, as it's just much more awesome for various reasons, which I hope will be clear once we see it in action in WoD.
    Awwww, cute, you attacked me personally for my choice in avatar. How pathetic.

Just, be kind.

Are you serious? All the jumping puzzles and stuff wouldn't be a thing if flying was available on the isle. It would trivialize the isle a lot.
    What jumping puzzles? They are all beyond easy.

What jumping puzzles? They are all beyond easy.
    That's subjective as heck. Fact of the matter is that the isle wouldn't work as it does if it had flying.

That's subjective as heck. Fact of the matter is that the isle wouldn't work as it does if it had flying.
    Sorry but I think it's hard to believe that anyone has any trouble doing those "puzzles".

They think that without flying mounts we'll want to explore more. Well, for me this will just give me another reason to not leave a major city/my garrison (altho I'll probably not be there because of orc stuffs).
    I don't see how restricting someones movement (not the movement speed, I mean the actual directions) would make one go out into the world more.

Sorry but I think it's hard to believe that anyone has any trouble doing those "puzzles".
    Then you're in for the ride of your life when I show you the world, Aladdin style.

I don't see how restricting someones movement (not the movement speed, I mean the actual directions) would make one go out into the world more.
    I fail to see that either. I mean, just do a test. Make random dungeons not teleport players to dungeon (and no summoning stone) but make them receive 250VP. I seriously doubt that people would suddenly start flying (not even using their flying mounts).

I use flying all the time. It's a convenience that I've gottwn used to. However, I wouldn't mind flight being more dangerous or interesting. Just being a convenience that we've all gotten used to doesn't seem like a good enough reason to keep it.

In BC when it was first implemented, I was ecstatic about being able to find caves with hidden rares or loot chests and the like. It didn't happen, obviously, but there WERE areas that you needed flying to get to, such as Skettis and the Ogri'la daily area in Blade's Edge.

THOSE are gopd reasons to keep flight. Gameplay reasons that extend beyond a mild convenience that makes the world less dangerous for those using it.

Deleted
    i hate how they are making such a big thing of this garrison idea its a mmo not a single player game wtf is the point of putting so much time into something no1 else can see when time would be much better spent making something that brings people together to do something, alltho the no flying at all sounds nice cos since cata the world has just got tiny.

I fail to see that either. I mean, just do a test. Make random dungeons not teleport players to dungeon (and no summoning stone) but make them receive 250VP. I seriously doubt that people would suddenly start flying (not even using their flying mounts).
    Blizzard wouldn't restrict flying "just because they can". Whatever content they've got planned for WoD, they obviously believe it will be better without the ability to fly. Instead of complaining about the lack of flying, it would be more interesting to discuss potential why's. The former has proven to only bring cheap conflict.

Blizzard wouldn't restrict flying "just because they can". Whatever content they've got planned for WoD, they obviously believe it will be better without the ability to fly. Instead of complaining about the lack of flying, it would be more interesting to discuss potential why's. The former has proven to only bring cheap conflict.
    If you are asking why I dislike the lack of flying it's because I don't like spending my time riding a mount. I already don't like doing it with a flying mount so there is no way in hell I'll like doing it on a ground mount.