Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Removed, no.
    Higher rewards for premades (with manual entry?) definitely.
    I thought that's what the gear was for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that its been a major feature since the first xpac.
    Major features aren't features that get turned off while leveling for every expansion afterward. Seems to me that Blizzard has been saying, "new expansion - okay guys, how are we handling flying this time? oh, turning it off until max level again - ok. You know someday we're going to have to do something about this, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You may have to elaborate on that a bit because I don't see Blizzard's zone design improving to the point to add "challenge" into the map when it wasn't there on any of the 3 grounded isles of MoP.
    "how do I scale that mountain" instead of "*mount* flap flap flap flap flap"
    "Wonder what's there, and how to get there..." instead of "*mount* flap flap flap flap flap"

But what does it matter to you?

That's like someone saying that queues need to be removed because everyone should run to the dungeon like they do.
    It matters to me when I'm trying to farm herbs/ore.

It would matter to me when I'm trying to farm rares on TI (if flying was allowed there).

It will matter to me when I'm trying to farm rares/events in WoD (if they are doing what I think they are doing).

As for dungeons, I think after manually driving to them once to discover it - while in a group, the group leader should be able to select that dungeon from a menu and the entire group is ported to the summoning stone outside the dungeon immediately. Note: everyone would need to drive to it the first time though - even before someone else could use the summoning stone to summon them there. I'm tired of people not knowing how to get back to the dungeon from the graveyard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, because I spend all my time in previous expansions.
    If Blizzard stopped building expansions to be completely compartmentalized - we could have relevant reasons to still visit previous expansions.

The reason queues should be removed is because it promotes a sense of community to have to form groups on your own realm.
    Cross-realm queues are what you want to remove or at least require the player to willfully select. Using LFD to queue from people on your own server should help rebuild some community - though it will be limited as long as people can drop $5 at the cash shop and rename their character without any public record of name changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    Cross-realm queues are what you want to remove or at least require the player to willfully select. Using LFD to queue from people on your own server should help rebuild some community - though it will be limited as long as people can drop $5 at the cash shop and rename their character without any public record of name changes.
    No one is stopping you from interacting and actively looking for groups on your server but you. Taking away the option for people who don't want to spam or look for spam in chat to enjoy the game the way they choose to is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I never felt it was an inconvenience to form groups from people on my own realm. Hell, I still do it. The reason it fosters community is because the people you see aren't just random faces in the sea of other servers. They're people you're likely to run into again at some point. The biggest problem blizzard has is too many servers which diluted the pool of healers and tanks. When they're spread thinly over 50 servers instead of distributed properly over 15-20 you can't form a group from your own servers population as easily. I'm not saying they should remove queues at this point, I'm saying the argument for not having them in a game is about community as opposed to convenience.
    Except you had to stand on the fleet and do nothing for spans of time while you waited for the group to fill. Yay.

Sorry, but I vastly prefer LFD so I can be out doing quests, farming herbs/ore/cloth/food, dailies, archaeology, etc.

I would like to see some community policing options though - like the ability to select "my server only" and the ability to thumbs up/down/neutral player accounts. I wouldn't mind having the ability to exclude specific servers as well - I don't know about you but there is this specific server in my battle group that just seems to be chock full of unsavories.

Well, Rift has one or two portals to each zone but the rest of it is hoofing it around on ground mounts. Though, they do have a queuing mechanism for zone events that can port you around somewhat. That said, they did turn fall damage off in Rift - which was, odd to get used to. There is a certain rush to dive bombing off a cliff on your mount though.

I am really getting fond of GW2s waypoint system - except I would like to be able to waypoint directly back to the main cities. I'll admit that I'm still a newb in the game - there might be a mechanism that I'm unaware of though.
    In Rift, while I was leveling I loved instant action. Bored looking for something to do, click this button and be instantly teleported to a massive epic battle. Rift has really nailed it with being able to spend your time playing, not traveling.

In GW2 I always queued for RPVP then used the portal next to me to get to major town. THat way didn't have to pay.

Removed, no.
    Higher rewards for premades (with manual entry?) definitely.
    I will agree with "more rewards".

I disagree with "higher rewards".

The MMORPG genre needs to get broken of its addiction to needing to always award every single activity with higher rewards. This is how we ended up with 4 to 6 tiers of raid gear each content patch and now require an item squish to bring the numbers back down to humanville.

1 tier is enough. More difficult content should have a greater chance of getting the award or have more of it awarded in total.

"Wonder what's there, and how to get there..." instead of "*mount* flap flap flap flap flap"
    This imo is the most succint explanation of why I support the removal of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    If you think making the choice of ground mount vs a flying mount needs to be compelling and thought provoking on a situation to situation basis, we are very far apart. Like I said before, I understand it while leveling, but at max level I have yet to hear a truly compelling argument. Also the scenario I suggested with 280% ground speed would actually be fun imo and would in fact keep me grounded in many situations. I told a couple of my friends who don't check up on much of the WoD news themselves that it was actually going to be a thing and they said "Lets roll out the hogs and tour the country side" then I told them it was bs and they almost certainly can't fly until at least 6.1 even at max level, and then it turned in to ok prob just won't buy it until then, lol.

- - - Updated - - -
    I just don't think the game engine will handle 280% ground speed very well. Flying mounts work because usually people are up above the terrain and are flying in a straight line.

I'd be all for making the hogs go faster though. =)

I'd even be for retooling flying mounts to behave like an air vehicle would in our atmosphere (inertia). Let them take a bit to get up to speed/stop and slow to turn - so it is a minigame of sorts to hit the spot you want to land at. This would make make them less ideal for short trips and preferred for long trips.

Deleted
    Yes, Ghostile is spot on imo as well.

Sorry PuppetShowJustice, I don't feel like further explaining my PoV to you, that would seem fruitless to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    It is like field of dreams man. If they create good content we will come. Give me content that makes me want to come down from above.

After about 3 months of being grounded in WoD, the character will be max level all the "dynamic events" will have been done. Farming, hunting rares, pet battles archeology etc are all going to be far more trouble then they are worth. The sitting in your garrison, or capital city queing for dungeons, raids, battleground etc begins. If your a DPS you will be weighting 30-2hrs probably on the higher end with the changes to healing.

This is the time when subs will begin to plummet.
    How is this different than today? Subs start plummeting a few months out in a content patch anyway. If anything, flying expedites people consuming content and bores them out even quicker.

We could discuss the merits of Blizzard implementing a parachute on flightpaths - I'd actually be for that I think.

As for staring at the screen while on a flightpath? I've actually started using flightpaths more often as of late just so I can safely get up from the computer and do something else for 2-3-5-10 minutes without accidentally overflying my destination and ending up in fatigue waters.

You stated the exactly reason why Blizzard wants to make a change here anyway and it's: "while if I fly somewhere I can go down anytime if I see something interesting."

You want to be safe 100% of the time when you don't find anything interesting to swoop down and look at. That is not good game design - ever. That ultimately leads to boredom. I'm sure you'll find some reason to argue against that but in a video game, "safe" is not "exciting".
    Man, stop that safe bullshit motherfucking crap. There is nothing that can kill me in this game out "in the world" and I can't avoid it on foot even, without a ground mount or flying mount. There is no safe / no safe / less safe / more safe. EVERYWHERE IT IS SAFE. Even the rares that could actually kill you before being able to kill them in 5 seconds, were yellow, you could just spit in their faces.

Repeat after me: DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW

I've leveled multiple alts that NEVER ONCE died until 90. NEVER. ONCE. And there was no flying in Pandaland

Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    No one is stopping you from interacting and actively looking for groups on your server but you. Taking away the option for people who don't want to spam or look for spam in chat to enjoy the game the way they choose to is silly.
    You quoted the wrong guy. The guy I replied to wanted to remove LFD entirely. I just said the primary problem was cross-realm. Even at that, a $5 purchase wipes your slate clean.

It's called challenge.
    there hasnt been any chalenge out in world since vanilla and back then it was only cause mobs didnt act like total retards and swarmed u in packs sometimes and 99% players had no clue how to play their class. that was the only chalenge back then

only way u can die nowadays is if u afk alt tab in the middle of mobs spawn point -_-

It matters to me when I'm trying to farm herbs/ore.

It would matter to me when I'm trying to farm rares on TI (if flying was allowed there).

It will matter to me when I'm trying to farm rares/events in WoD (if they are doing what I think they are doing).
    Ditto.

So why not let people play the way they want?
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Man, stop that safe bullshit motherfucking crap. There is nothing that can kill me in this game out "in the world" and I can't avoid it on foot even, without a ground mount or flying mount. There is no safe / no safe / less safe / more safe. EVERYWHERE IT IS SAFE. Even the rares that could actually kill you before being able to kill them in 5 seconds, were yellow, you could just spit in their faces.

Repeat after me: DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW, DANGER DOES NOT EXIST IN WOW

I've leveled multiple alts that NEVER ONCE died until 90. NEVER. ONCE. And there was no flying in Pandaland
    Calm down bro.

We all know that it'd take a raid of mogu's to kill players in WoW now but we all also should know the primary frustration of riding around on ground mounts for anyone that isn't a tank is getting dazed off their mount. That is something that won't happen to flying mounts and you can always just push space bar for 5 seconds to get out of any agro you caused while still on your flying mount.

This lets farmers get to nodes back behind mobs and even to test if the mob will agro on you if you land to hit the node.

I mean, we could all dream of a gameworld that is actually a bit dangerous but this is a Blizzard game and it would only be dangerous until the next content patch when the next tier of raid gear makes the previous patch's epics look like greens.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto.

So why not let people play the way they want?
    ... because it won't be fun when someone chooses to move over 200% faster than me and kills the rare before I can get there in WoD?

At that point, I have no valid choice to use ground mounts - I will have to use flying mounts to remain competitive and reach the rare in time to tag the kill.

Some areas in the game can't be explored with out flying.

Funny enough, none of those areas exist in dungeons/raids/scenarios or BGs.

I'm still going to say if flying mounts are so required for the game to function, then why have they not been added to dungeons/raids/scenarios/BGs?

just flying there is hardly "exploring"