Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    It is extremely shocking there has never been a case of current tier heroic raiding being cross-realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately this is a part of the problem, your guild wouldn't have been saved as it wouldn't have been a guild anymore if you are continuously replacing those that leave with pugs from other servers. Now guilds on low pop servers have no reason to stay together and in my opinion this is a bad thing.
    As opposed to now, where our next furthest progressed guild on the server is like 3/14 heroic and is also about to die?

I've got plenty of friends cross-server that could have been a permanent raider, but didn't want to server transfer themselves and all their alts. This way, we could have gotten a consistent member of our raid team that wasn't in our guild or on our server.

A lot of people have the idea that you either have PUGs or you have guild raids. You can also have a raid team that's got a core in the guild, and a few consistent raiders from other guilds, on or off server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Lots and lots of scorpion mounts are about to be sold for cash despite the ToS violation.
    Do people really care that much about mounts? I would have thought that the achi and title would be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Do people really care that much about mounts? I would have thought that the achi and title would be more important.
    Yes? Otherwise people wouldn't pay absurd prices on ebay for TCG mounts. Or install Hearthstone and play it when they otherwise don't give a crap. Or buy enough Blizz Store mounts to justify the continued release of Blizz Store mounts on a regular basis.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    With this change, I now doubt that rolling 5% nerfs will happen like in ICC and DS.
    Meh, still has a rather large possibility of happening. I know Blizzard said in the past it wouldn't happen but they also said a lot of things that they've changed their mind about.

People were under the impression that we wouldn't have a 1 year tier a few months ago and now look at us, so I'd say anything can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Yes? Otherwise people wouldn't pay absurd prices on ebay for TCG mounts. Or install Hearthstone and play it when they otherwise don't give a crap. Or buy enough Blizz Store mounts to justify the continued release of Blizz Store mounts on a regular basis.
    There is a difference in playing 3 Hearthstone matches or paying 20€ than reserving boost run that might cost hundreds.

There is a difference in playing 3 Hearthstone matches or paying 20€ than reserving boost run that might cost hundreds.
    That's why I listed the other examples.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

considering they have high demand from people willing to pay 60$ for boost to 90 guess how many are more then willing to pay even +200$ for hc mount.

feel geniuinly bad for HC progressing guilds on small realms - they will loose so many of their good raiders due to pouching of guilds on high pop realms now that they dont even have to move their chars - will be a lot of "well srryy guys i take a break " and then week after "hey what are u doin in hc soo werent u supposed to be on break ?"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-19 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strues View Post
    As a GM of a 25m guild closing in on Heroic Garrosh this infuriates me.
    As an officer of a struggling (attendance-wise) 10man guild, this makes me more happy than any other news I've heard since Blizzcon. I have a lot of friends on other servers with a lot of heroic progress. Almost no one willing to transfer for our guild's sake, but now we're able to get our friends to help out if we're missing people.

We're having a really hard time recruiting (11/14hc) at the moment because everyone with similar experience to us seems to have been carried so hard only to get thrown out during siegecrafter progress. It's really annoying to have bad players with similar experience join us and waste a week. (Because we have very limited time, we can't just throw in 5 people and try out all of them in a week).

Now, we'll be able to borrow friends for a week while we try someone out, so we can try people out while we do progress too.

Will this make it easier? Absolutely not, so your prestige in your progress so far is 100% intact. The only thing this means is that it's going to be 100 times easier to pug heroic now and the later heroics will be slightly more accessible to guilds struggling, such as mine. It will not give anyone an advantage over anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    As an officer of a struggling (attendance-wise) 10man guild, this makes me more happy than any other news I've heard since Blizzcon. I have a lot of friends on other servers with a lot of heroic progress. Almost no one willing to transfer for our guild's sake, but now we're able to get our friends to help out if we're missing people.

We're having a really hard time recruiting (11/14hc) at the moment because everyone with similar experience to us seems to have been carried so hard only to get thrown out during siegecrafter progress. It's really annoying to have bad players with similar experience join us and waste a week. (Because we have very limited time, we can't just throw in 5 people and try out all of them in a week).

Now, we'll be able to borrow friends for a week while we try someone out, so we can try people out while we do progress too.

Will this make it easier? Absolutely not, so your prestige in your progress so far is 100% intact. The only thing this means is that it's going to be 100 times easier to pug heroic now and the later heroics will be slightly more accessible to guilds struggling, such as mine. It will not give anyone an advantage over anyone else.
    i bet that guilds of yours friends will be thrilled to hear that they will take a break from raiding with them to join ur team and help u progress - u just given perfeckt example of what going to happen veyr veyr soon. or they are alreay 14/14 hc and will "help u " (deliberatly avoiding to use words similiar to carry ).

dont get me wrong i dont want to offend neither u nor anyone but we will see shitload of such "helping" in incoming few months:/

this just fucked up progress of multiple guilds in one second this is why people overreact and they have right to do it.

with incoming 6-9 months of SoO the pouching and devouring of weaker progress guilds will be just terrible :/ much much worse then what we had atm cause now people had to at leats pay for server trasnfers - now its free so hunting season just started :/
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-19 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i bet that guilds of yours friends will be thrilled to hear that they will take a break from raiding with them to join ur team and help u progress - u just given perfeckt example of what going to happen veyr veyr soon. or they are alreay 14/14 hc and will "help u " (deliberatly avoiding to use words similiar to carry ).

dont get me wrong i dont want to offend neither u nor anyone but we will see shitload of such "helping" in incoming few months:/

this just fucked up progress of multiple guilds in one second this is why people overreact and they have right to do it.

with incoming 6-9 months of SoO the pouching and devouring of weaker progress guilds will be just terrible :/ much much worse then what we had atm cause now people had to at leats pay for server trasnfers - now its free so hunting season just started :/
    This was going to happen anyways with 10m heroic getting destroyed. This method is at least player friendly in that you can trial easily. And has no effect on super servers where you always had to consider that multiple guilds were better than yours.

Personally, I think people are in some cases treating guilds too much like people. A guild getting all its players "poached" means nothing if everyone in the guild winds up in a guild they are happy with in the end.

Obviously that is the ideal and won't happen everywhere, but its important to realize a guild dissolving doesn't really mean anything as a guild isn't a person. Also, 4/5 xpacs the raiding format radically changed. That's the norm, not the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Should drive the price of a Heroic carry down. Good for mount collectors.
    I doubt it. Maybe on some really low pop realms where there's only one game in town?

But it'll also open up a lot of buyers who previously were on realms with no guilds selling heroic carries. Which will drive the price up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A welcome change and good to have it so early(meaning, not 1-2 months before release of WoD).

I have a lot of alts so this increases the chance of finding SoO normal runs for them. Also pre-made groups(or you could call it "advanced PUG'ing") from Openraid will be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    I actually only know a few guys with better progress than me. One is in Scrubbusters and that's ally (I play horde) and another one I can think of is still active in his guild.

I do have a lot of friend with 6-10 heroic kills that have guilds that have declared breaks until the next raid tier. They are still raid horny and can join me now while their own guild is on a break.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for friends to either carry or steal friends from other guilds. Merely those inactive right now, and there's a lot of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    Why are people mad? I don't get it.
    Because most people on MMOC get upset about everything. They probably don't have any other hobbies than complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    It is extremely shocking there has never been a case of current tier heroic raiding being cross-realm.
    Well, if you think of it like that

but what if you think it like this
    every new pvp season, a new raid has opened to x-realm.

conclusion: Its only shocking to people who didnt think it'd happen

Would have been even better if they also added flex raid size at same time to normals.

Pretty sure WoD and flex size for heroic (current normal) raiding is going to put paid to the 10 man raid guilds. As a co-raid lead of a 10 man, its a HUGE pain in the ass everytime someone leaves, needs to take a day off due to real life, etc... Your then forced to bring in someone who normally is not raiding with your team. With flex size we can expand to 16+ and absorb that weekly horseshit without batting an eye. Having problems on progression because of 1 or 2 people, no worries you can bench their asses and push forward, bringing them back in once that boss is on farm.

With loot drops moving to .2 per person, you would be crazy not to bring 11, 16, 21 and get a shot at an extra loot drop. And you get easier time of things with more people because you get more raid cooldowns, can have every buff, and have more battle rezes.

That is what current 10 man guilds need, we have even formed a 2nd 10 man run specifically to have the people to move to 16+ once flex size hits.

It's funny we were trying to get a new tank to xfer to our server only to have it bug out. When he asked a blizz cs rep they were kind of mysterious saying " it's a bug we have logged but can not resolve". I wonder if he was trying to be a stealth nice guy....5

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Should drive the price of a Heroic carry down. Good for mount collectors.
    How so? you can't trade cross-realm. Or at least I thought you couldn't...

I'm glad. I may actually be able to continue raiding now. 1 hunter, 1 rogue or 1 holy paly all w/ cloak and 13/14+2% garrosh wipes LF normal runs!

It should help recruitment (especially 10H guilds recruiting up for Mythic) quite significantly. Allows you to trial people without any $$ cost of the transfer. If either the recruit or the guild isn't happy, no big deal, there's no financial commitment, try someone else.

Speaking of which, we are currently recruiting for Mythic, check out my signature if interested.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!