Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Agree with whats been said mostly, it usually is just whoever finds the exploit first that gets the achievement.

I think that the achievements were a fun part and sure while some exploited those, there were people doing both the leveling and profession achievements legit.

Goes in the same category with the removal of Skirmish arena, makes no sense.
    Hi

People who say it's "unhealthy" have been reading way too many shock news stories. The reality is it is no more or less healthy. As somebody who has 3 ream firsts I can tell you that and the end of all 3 nothing bad every happened to me. I never got sick I never felt like passing out. Why is this? Because you're playing the game for like 15 hours to get there. So tell me what is "unhealthy" about this:

On Monday when I normally go to sleep at about 3 or 4am I just stay and and go to bed on Monday at around noon or 1pm. I wake up at around 10:30 take a shower and get some food. As for food I have fruit cups, Gatorade, fruit snacks and chips. I level and hit realm first. Then go to bed at my normal time and my sleep pattern is back on track.

The only thing even close to being unhealthy about all of that is what I eat. The reality is that majority of us eat that while we game anyways so it's not a big deal. So please stop using "unhealthy" as a reason when it's not. Nobody is staying up for 4 straight days to do this.

Also please stop with the implying of everybody who gets a realm first cheated. While there are a few out there that have suspect means and ways, the reality is they will be done w/ or w/out an achievement. It is such a small percentage of people that does this. I would say maybe 2% of all the people who get realm first. It really just seems like sour grapes that YOU personally didn't get it. When MoP hit my guild got every single realm first. Not a single person cheated. We did dungeons as a group and quested as groups.

The reality is people don't go out of there way to get realm first. The people who take of work to play to try to get realm first, we're going to take off work either way. It's an amazing race and is actually one of the few things in the game that I like to look back and think about when I look at my FoS. I don't care about WoW lore, I never have and never will. I don't care what quest text says, I don't care what impact I'm about to do has on lore. Stop trying to force me to care because I, just like a lot of others who play the game, won't care about it.

It doesn't matter if they remove the achievement. People are still going to try to be the first level 100. Removing it does nothing.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It doesn't matter if they remove the achievement. People are still going to try to be the first level 100. Removing it does nothing.
    Yep, most will probably just exploit the shit out of it anyway, so there was no real reason to remove the achievements except lazyness.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no difference to me, since Raids don't open for the first couple weeks I generally just quest and level at a pretty moderate to high pace and even with proper sleep and not smashing energy drinks and such I still manage to hit cap in the first week anyway.

The removal makes no impact on me at all. Yet I can understand Blizzards stance of people not rushing content just for 1 of a few thousand people to get an achieve.