Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Saving Void Shift

As of the alpha patch notes, Void Shift is slated for removal. Granted alpha class changes are never set in stone and the reason being is because of player intervention. Which is why it falls to us, the priest community, to save Void Shift!

Since I personally never used VS over productive healing spells like PoM or Shield as a Disc (or holy) It didn't deserve a spot on my limited amount of keybinds and action bars. However, as a Shadow priest VS was used more so than my flash heal, and slightly less than my PoM.

I suggest that VS replaces Flash Heal for shadow priests, or a glyph becomes available to us that replaces it (Since not all Spriests mind losing Shadowform to heal themselves)

How would my fellow priests suggest VS stays in the game?

I'm not going to miss it at all tbh. It's not a personal heal because it's at the expense of someone else's health. It's supposed to be used as an emergency lay on hands type ability but healing priests have enough tools for emergencies and most shadowpriests don't use it properly. I can count the number of times I've saved someone on two hands and only one hand of people who actually noticed it. Short of Immerseus it's a woefully underused talent and if things are that spikey on your tank you have other more pressing issues to address first.

I rarely ever used Void Shift outside of stealing people's health when I got rez'd.

I bloody love VS and I'll be rather sad to see it gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post
    I'm not going to miss it at all tbh. It's not a personal heal because it's at the expense of someone else's health. It's supposed to be used as an emergency lay on hands type ability but healing priests have enough tools for emergencies and most shadowpriests don't use it properly. I can count the number of times I've saved someone on two hands and only one hand of people who actually noticed it. Short of Immerseus it's a woefully underused talent and if things are that spikey on your tank you have other more pressing issues to address first.
    I feel the major problems with VS came from PvP. Before being nerfed to all hell, Void Shift was single-handedly the most powerful PvP ability.

- Priests could VS Hunter pets and Warlock minions for a full heal.
    - Priests could use Mind Control on the enemy to make it a friendly, then VS them.

I didn't realize Flash Heal or PWS were instant and could heal a tank for over a million instantly.

That's the use for Void Shift. It's an emergency heal to heal someone directly in risk of dying at the health cost of someone who isn't in risk of dying. If someone has never seen a use for it, then they're honestly a terrible player or have never done any meaningful content. It's an ability that I use nearly every single attempt on some progression fights in heroics, or for CMs to save a tank. Priests lack any powerful sudden heals. Paladins have LoH, druids have Nature's Swiftness, shamans have Ancestral Swiftness, monks have Life Cocoon. The closest priest equivalent is a PWS, and averaging crits/noncrits it would only be a little over 200k without trinket procs. I don't really consider something that can be spammed and heals for less than 1/5 a tank's health to be a solid oh shit button.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-04-05 at 11:52 PM.

I love Void Shift. I use it whenever my DK tank goes into Purgatory - it's really the only way I have to get him out since Disc crit bubbles don't count as "healing done" in that regards. Yes, I probably could have done something earlier to prevent it but it's nice to have in an emergency. I really don't want to lose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Since I personally never used VS over productive healing spells like PoM or Shield as a Disc (or holy) It didn't deserve a spot on my limited amount of keybinds and action bars.
    Dear god

Save the Void Shift!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If someone has never seen a use for it, then they're honestly a terrible player or have never done any meaningful content.
    12/14 H SoO and 6/9 Challenge Master. I can honestly say I've never cast it intentionally. Won't miss it in the least.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

I personally love void shift and when i read it i decided i would bench the priest and play the shaman again, then i came to my senses and realized im a priest for life, and i need void shift to stay in the game!

*edit* i also use it almost on cooldown, i have a few melee i raid with that enjoy tanking painful puddles

I didn't like Void Shift from the beginning and took it off my bars halfway through 5.0. From the ground up it's impossible to balance. They had to nerf it over and over until it was a sad shell of what it could have been, useful only under very very specific circumstances (saving a tank in PvP, but only if you have full or high health).

Plus it never felt like a Priest spell to me. Using "Void" or dimensional-type magics to mess with peoples' health is a warlock thing, or possibly mage (Alter Time can heal).

Trash spell imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Plus it never felt like a Priest spell to me. Using "Void" or dimensional-type magics to mess with peoples' health is a warlock thing, or possibly mage (Alter Time can heal).
    From what I understand Void magic is a Shadow Priest thing. But I know like zero lore so I could be wrong.

Deleted
    Right now it's absolutely needed in PvP because of all that ridiculous cc and burst dmg. If they balance priests around not having Void Shift, who cares, but I don't believe they'll be able to do that.

Deleted
    I would rather that it goes. I like the spell and the idea behind it but the implementation, especially on a connection that can suffer from high latency, isn't brilliant.

What? There are heroic priest raiders who have never used void shift? I feel like I'm using it every single raid. I also see plenty of disc priests in pugs who just don't understand how to use Spirit Shell but that doesn't mean the ability is pointless...

I hate that so many of the level 87 talents are just being tossed aside like used condoms after some panda-yiff. Void Shift is interesting and strategic. If it's unbalanced in pvp in wod, it could be taken out of there. It is invaluable, awesome, and good in raids. Our spriest has used it on progression kills to amazing effect. It's beyond weak that it is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    12/14 H SoO and 6/9 Challenge Master. I can honestly say I've never cast it intentionally. Won't miss it in the least.
    You might have made better progression if you'd used the tools in your kit.

On topic, I just void shift random retards in bg's when I'm getting trained. Especially healers who are casting holy light or picking their noses. Probably best they remove it :P

Deleted
    I always love when some Superman come up.

I love it.
    We had a tank reroll tank 14/14 heroic without cloak or meta.
    It was really fucking useful on the end bosses.

Then you fall under the "terrible player" category.

You can't wave your decent progress around and expect people to automatically assume you know what you're talking about. It doesn't impress me, especially this late in the tier.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-04-06 at 08:32 AM.