Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    what you doubt and wahat happens are very different. go duel a decent bm hunter and see what happens to you
    I duel plenty of hunters on my monk and warrior, the main reason I lose is because I can't really stay in their faces for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Why are you people QQing about beta?
    Because it's the closest thing we have to see the future of the classes. There is no reason to not discuss beta class mechanics. The only thing that shouldn't be discussed are numbers.

Devs specifically stated hunter WoD damage would not be up to par with everyone else to compensate for their mobility. Not sure why people are bitching here.
    I would like to see the source for this. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'd like to see it for myself if you have the link. If not, oh well.

If you want to do less dps but be able to move and cast reroll hunter and stop complaining about stupid stuff.
    Absolutely horrible logic. While I think it's fine as it is, telling people to reroll for mobility isn't the way to go. Especially when you consider that a lot of these classes who won't have much mobility come WoD (which is subject to change of course), either have mobility now, or have had it in the past (example: KJC).

Blizzard didn't even remove KJC because it was "OP" or whatever. They said that they removed simply because too many people chose it and they wanted to see variety. Funny thing is, now most people just choose AD... But I'm getting off topic, that's a rant thats been long dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    There is a flaw in your logic. Sure, hunters can do dmg while moving, but the damage they do is low. vs a mage/lock that nukes you with 1 spell and puff.

you say its silly they can do dmg while moving. This is balanced in the fact that hunters do lower damage.
    They don't do low damage, their damage is just more sustained in nature than bursty (although it can still be very bursty when needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They do, same to strong multidots and other things. Different classes play different, whoop de do.
    It's always nice to see someone 14/14 hc who doesn't actually know what a mage portal is.

Affli Locks dominate the dps charts.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    So unfair - make my hunter stronger Blizzard!
    Warlocks are not an argument, because warlocks dominate EVERYONE, not just hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Warlocks are not an argument, because warlocks dominate EVERYONE, not just hunters.
    I have to say, his example was comically bad. Like WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

I would like to see the source for this. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'd like to see it for myself if you have the link. If not, oh well.

I'm not going to dig for it because I don't have the time nor do I care if you believe me, but I'm pretty sure it was a tweet from Celestalon. It was definitely said from an official source one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I'm not going to dig for it because I don't have the time nor do I care if you believe me, but I'm pretty sure it was a tweet from Celestalon. It was definitely said from an official source one way or the other.
    You seemed to care enough to make this claim a second time when put into question. But whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You seemed to care enough to make this claim a second time when put into question. But whatever...
    He can find the source on his own if he cares enough. Or just visit the Hunter forum. But whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    He can find the source on his own if he cares enough. Or just visit the Hunter forum. But whatever...
    You didn't have the time nor you cared. Why are you still here?

to all the people using real life as a comparison for shooting a gun/bow on the move, i think you're forgetting the sheer size of some of the things we're shooting at. I'd have to be deliberately trying to miss some of the bosses in this game >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    to all the people using real life as a comparison for shooting a gun/bow on the move, i think you're forgetting the sheer size of some of the things we're shooting at. I'd have to be deliberately trying to miss some of the bosses in this game >.>
    Actually it was people defending a hunter's ability to do it who brought it up first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    "Hunters aren’t casters, so they will still be able to cast many things while moving. If there is a fight with no movement, Hunters won’t do as well, but there aren’t really many (or any) fights with no movement." - source (Warlords of Draenor Class Changes, 6th point).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinlea View Post
    "Hunters aren’t casters, so they will still be able to cast many things while moving. If there is a fight with no movement, Hunters won’t do as well, but there aren’t really many (or any) fights with no movement." - source (Warlords of Draenor Class Changes, 6th point).
    Now where does that say hunters deal less damage to compensate for their movement?

Deleted
    It's the Hunter niche to be able to dps on the move the entire time. That's their USP and it's balanced by the restriction of focus, whereas with casters mana is a pretty much endless resource nowadays, and they're balanced by their restriction of mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    What hunters have you guys been playing? BM has some of the most retarded burst in the game.
    Only passively watching this convo, but hes right. 3 DPS Arena teams with 2 Hunters (and usually a mage) to burst down one target at the start with cooldowns is actually a thing, and it works. Then kite to the win.

Honestly I can't say why hunters are the only ranged that can do their full rotation while moving, other than they just evolved that way. You have to take into account that when this game was created the classes as they are today are not how their original idea for them was. Over the years they have changed and the players gave feedback, then they changed and the players gave feedback, and then they changed and the players gave... well you get the idea. Does it seem unfair? Sure, but they are also balanced around the ability to do so. Good energy management and the ability to maintain a rotation are critical hunter skills, you sort of have to develop a trance-like state, where no matter what happens you keep the mantra up. And if you can't keep the mantra sustained well, lets just say there are a lot of bad hunters out there and it's pretty easy to see who they are. Other spellcaster classes have more strategic/active mindsets, like playing chess, or... hopscotch. Decide what your going to do/where your going to go a step or two ahead, but their sustained dps is higher than a hunter (to account for the lack of dps while moving.)
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Now where does that say hunters deal less damage to compensate for their movement?
    i think it says it right about here no? "If there is a fight with no movement, Hunters won’t do as well"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinlea View Post
    "Hunters aren’t casters, so they will still be able to cast many things while moving. If there is a fight with no movement, Hunters won’t do as well, but there aren’t really many (or any) fights with no movement."
    Balancing a class around a hypothetical scenario that they admit probably doesn't actually exist sounds promising.

also on a side note, mm has been the best hunter spec for pvp ever since 5.4 hit, bm has been above average but not amazing (removing readiness gutted bm burst) except for that one instance where stampede was bugged and blizzard was really lazy about fixing it, and then it got hit so hard with teh nerf bat that stampede is a joke of a damage cd. Seriously most people use it in arenas for the visual clutter and the ability to make it harder for a restealth by a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgar View Post
    i think it says it right about here no? "If there is a fight with no movement, Hunters won’t do as well"
    but there aren’t really many (or any) fights with no movement.

Seems to be a pointless comment to make then. That's like saying you are the best driver in the world but there exists only one car and you have sole access to it.

In a nutshell, hunters are being designed well when it comes to mobility (though pretty much only when it comes to mobility) in WoD, whereas several of the casters are being regressed to a more inflexible and clunky design. I honestly have no idea why, outside of some arbitrary "casters shouldn't be mobile" mindset that has nothing to do with good game design.

Hunters in WoD have the option to talent into a more stationary, higher DPS playstyle, or to retain freedom of movement at the cost of a little damage. This is how every ranged class should be designed. The talent choice for warlocks between Kil'jaeden's Cunning and Archimonde's Darkness on live is a perfect example of how this kind of design *should* be working at its core; offering maximum playstyle diversity and giving players an incredibly significant choice in how their class works based on their own individual preferences.

Unfortunately the devs are dropping the ball on a lot of class design elements in WoD, caster mobility being one of the big ones. Forcing everyone to be a turret is flat out bad design. Giving players competitive, compelling choices between a turreting style of gameplay and a more mobile alternative is a solution that leaves everyone happy and helps to promote varied playstyles, rather than going with a horribly dull one-size-fits-all approach.